Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2017, 02:26 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
at what week/month can a person eat those berries, occasionally and how much do you recommend each time?
If these are the only sugars I'm eating during the day
I'm not too concerned
The. Benefits far outweigh the small amount
Of sugars

And it's not like I'm eating a donut

I'm doing more physical fitness exercises
So I'm burning up any sugar intake

I have a sweet tooth. And I love love ice cream
The frozen berry smoothie quenches both
Cravings

I Blend frozen. Berries Baby spinach leaves

Half. An avocado. And. Ocean. Spray. DIET juice

Only. 5. Calories. No. sugars. Or. carbs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 03:56 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,484,481 times
I bought a bunch of little cups of sugar free gelatin at Wamart, and I put a little heavy cream on it, and find it satisfies my need for dessert.

I tried a new recipe for boneless, skinless chicken breasts, because I had a big bag of them in my freezer. I like them breaded and dipped in Ranch dressing. Realized I could dip them in egg and parmesan cheese, which I had on hand - the powdered, Kraft style. I threw in some Italian seasoning with the parmesan cheese. So, dipped the breasts in egg, rolled them around in the parmesan, Italian seasoning mixture and fried them in coconut butter.

To die for! And they stayed moist. Yum! I didn't even feel the need for the Ranch dressing. Just cut a couple up and wolfed them down. And yep, dog got a couple pieces, too LOL.

I also find myself hearing my stomach growling, which never used to happen. And I think, hmmmm, I should eat something but I'm not really hungry. Sometimes I'll just have a coffee with some heavy cream and Splenda and that's all I needed.

And if it's late enough, sometimes I add a splash of cinnamon and vodka lol. Yum! Tastes like coffee eggnog with a kick.

Going to see my doc tomorrow and talk to her about me being on this diet for a month now. We have the results of my blood tests from the day after I started this diet. So, I'm going to ask her not to adjust my medications, even though I'm still high on my cholesterol, etc., so I can see how this diet affects my blood tests next time.

I'm really happy on this diet. My only lament is that all of this cooking I'm doing now means more dirty pans that I have to clean LOL. A lot messier than just buying a pizza and throwing it in the oven, or cooking up spaghetti.

Oddly, I'm not really even missing the pasta. Yesterday I was craving tuna and cheese casserole, so I just made up tuna salad and put some cheddar cheese on it and heated it up in the microwave until the cheese melted. Didn't miss the macaroni. Dog got some tuna, too :-)

Old 04-03-2017, 05:25 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,643,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
If these are the only sugars I'm eating during the day
I'm not too concerned
The. Benefits far outweigh the small amount
Of sugars

And it's not like I'm eating a donut

I'm doing more physical fitness exercises
So I'm burning up any sugar intake

I have a sweet tooth. And I love love ice cream
The frozen berry smoothie quenches both
Cravings

I Blend frozen. Berries Baby spinach leaves

Half. An avocado. And. Ocean. Spray. DIET juice

Only. 5. Calories. No. sugars. Or. carbs

Good choice with the Ocean Spray. Pretty low in carbs. Add a couple tablespoons of HWC and a squirt of stevia. Yum.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:46 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,469,203 times
Quote:
by the way, I charted my weight loss when I was at Weight Watchers, its a low fat low calorie diet when I was there.. I only lost 1-2 pounds a week.. with this low carb/keto diet, im losing 4 pounds a week.
I know you mean well but 1-2 lbs per week is perfectly fine and is within the recommended guidelines for weight loss. There are way too many people having unrealistic loss expectations, even for Keto, thinking that 4 lbs per week is the norm. On any diet. Personally speaking I lost on average "only" 1-2 lbs per week but I largely ate what I liked. I still do... it's not how long it takes to reach your goal..its achieving and maintaining.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I know you mean well but 1-2 lbs per week is perfectly fine and is within the recommended guidelines for weight loss. There are way too many people having unrealistic loss expectations, even for Keto, thinking that 4 lbs per week is the norm. On any diet. Personally speaking I lost on average "only" 1-2 lbs per week but I largely ate what I liked. I still do... it's not how long it takes to reach your goal..its achieving and maintaining.
I think weight loss also is determined by a person's age, etc., though. When I was young, I could easily drop a bunch of weight with just the slightest effort. Now, at 61 post-menopause, it's really hard to lose 1 pound a week. So, on this keto diet, losing an average of 1.5 pounds per week is amazing, considering that I'm full and satisfied. And I'm still having my evening wine or cocktail :-)

But, I can bet that if you took someone my same height, weight, exercise level who was younger and pre-menopause vs me, eating the same stuff, there would be very different results. I guess I'm just saying that the fact that the OP is losing a lot, doesn't mean they're doing anything unhealthy.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:14 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,643,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I think weight loss also is determined by a person's age, etc., though. When I was young, I could easily drop a bunch of weight with just the slightest effort. Now, at 61 post-menopause, it's really hard to lose 1 pound a week. So, on this keto diet, losing an average of 1.5 pounds per week is amazing, considering that I'm full and satisfied. And I'm still having my evening wine or cocktail :-)

But, I can bet that if you took someone my same height, weight, exercise level who was younger and pre-menopause vs me, eating the same stuff, there would be very different results. I guess I'm just saying that the fact that the OP is losing a lot, doesn't mean they're doing anything unhealthy.

Exactly. I'm 61 and OMGosh I lost 16 pounds so far. Never hungry, quick eating crap, eating whole foods. Real food.

I truly wish I'd know about this way of eating years ago.

Love Keto!

Old 04-03-2017, 07:43 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,581,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Yeah true, i suppose i was thinking out loud, i go look at my old stats and was thinking about how one worked for me vs another.. I do believe this - we all have to find a way that works for us for a lifetime. That is the diet we should go on.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:09 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,555,846 times
Quote:
that happened to me lately, beginning last week.. I get hunger pangs, but I don't have any appetite. don't even feeling like bothering cooking or anything. is that what it is? I don't even really have any cravings that I can think of except when I see a tv commercial for something very delicious.

so what is causing that?
It happened rapidly in my case when I took wheat out of my diet 100% of the time. For many people, modern wheat is an appetite stimulant, and food manufacturers add the ingredient into many processed food items and other unsuspecting items to likely increase sales. A Keto diet and diets that are very low carbs will automatically have a substantially less wheat included within them if at all.

Old 04-03-2017, 08:18 PM

711 posts, read 687,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I bought a bunch of little cups of sugar free gelatin at Wamart, and I put a little heavy cream on it, and find it satisfies my need for dessert.

I tried a new recipe for boneless, skinless chicken breasts, because I had a big bag of them in my freezer. I like them breaded and dipped in Ranch dressing. Realized I could dip them in egg and parmesan cheese, which I had on hand - the powdered, Kraft style. I threw in some Italian seasoning with the parmesan cheese. So, dipped the breasts in egg, rolled them around in the parmesan, Italian seasoning mixture and fried them in coconut butter.

I'm not on a low carb plan - but I do make this chicken from time to time. It's absolutely delicious! The crushed pork rinds give it a great flavor and crunch. You don't need a lot of them.

https://www.ruled.me/low-carb-crispy-fried-chicken/

Old 04-03-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextStage View Post
I'm not on a low carb plan - but I do make this chicken from time to time. It's absolutely delicious! The crushed pork rinds give it a great flavor and crunch. You don't need a lot of them.

https://www.ruled.me/low-carb-crispy-fried-chicken/
Oh, I am so psyched to try this recipe! And I learned today what he/she says about leaving it sit so the crust gets crispy. Mine turned out pretty good, but I should have let it sit longer to really get the crust set well.

I love the pork rind idea, for more crispy-ness plus less carbs. Thanks!

I also never thought about putting hot sauce in my ranch dressing. Yum!

Tonight I just wanted something light, so made a simplified version of egg drop soup with no meat in it, and just chopped spinach. Just chicken broth, toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, hot sauce, some frozen chopped spinach, then stirred in one whisked egg. It was just right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss