Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2017, 04:17 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,484,481 times

Advertisements

Three weeks into the keto diet and I've lost 5 pounds. I'm happy with that. Only blew it last night with a bunch of gourmet milk chocolate my daughter sent me for my birthday, not knowing I was doing this diet. I was the chocolate fairy in the community room at my senior apt building this morning, giving away gourmet chocolate. I had to get it out of my apartment LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2017, 09:23 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,644,169 times
I'm on keto, lost 16 lbs so far of 30 or so, and I treat myself to a sugar free candy occasionally (Weather's hard caramel is a favorite) or a piece of a 80% cacoa chocolate bar.

You didn't blow it, you just had a treat. Factor it into your carbs and start over. Every day is a chance to get it right.

Old 04-03-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
So, update. I've been really good about sticking to low carb. In 2 weeks I've lost 4 pounds. So, 2 pounds a week. I'm really happy with that. It's hard for me to lose 1 pound a week now at my age on any diet, which was acceptable but required me to feel hungry and deprived.

So, I'm losing twice that much and am full, and oddly, not very hungry all day long. I find I often skip lunch because I'm just not hungry.

Just took a road trip, too, and it wasn't difficult to stay on it. Stayed with a friend and she had lots of meat and eggs for us to eat, and at gas stations I could just grab jerkey and cheese strips. Stopped at a Safeway gas station in one town, and went inside for a bucket of roasted chicken pieces. My dog and I pigged out on chicken in the truck lol.

I feel good, too. So far, so good.
Not being hungry is a good indication you have "fat adapted"...I literally have to make myself eat.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:17 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,582,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
Not being hungry is a good indication you have "fat adapted"...I literally have to make myself eat.
that happened to me lately, beginning last week.. I get hunger pangs, but I don't have any appetite. don't even feeling like bothering cooking or anything. is that what it is? I don't even really have any cravings that I can think of except when I see a tv commercial for something very delicious.

so what is causing that?

Old 04-03-2017, 11:18 AM

by the way, I charted my weight loss when I was at Weight Watchers, its a low fat low calorie diet when I was there.. I only lost 1-2 pounds a week.. with this low carb/keto diet, im losing 4 pounds a week.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:25 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times
I've been on a low carb. High protein diet
For a few months

This diet works. Best for me
I eats lots of meats

I dislike veggies but like fruit

I make veggie and fruit smoothies so I don't taste
The veggies- I use berries. These are great for you!!

Old 04-03-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I've been on a low carb. High protein diet
For a few months

This diet works. Best for me
I eats lots of meats

I dislike veggies but like fruit

I make veggie and fruit smoothies so I don't taste
The veggies- I use berries. These are great for you!!

at what week/month can a person eat those berries, occasionally and how much do you recommend each time?

Old 04-03-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
that happened to me lately, beginning last week.. I get hunger pangs, but I don't have any appetite. don't even feeling like bothering cooking or anything. is that what it is? I don't even really have any cravings that I can think of except when I see a tv commercial for something very delicious.

so what is causing that?
If you aren't hungry on Keto, just don't eat. You probably have sufficient fat stores to fuel your body.

If you are afraid or something, have a cup of broth which provides electrolytes and sodium.

I typically make myself eat breakfast at work as I cook an egg and sausage and don't want it to go to waste. I bring a lunch, but often don't eat it or just a bit. Makes my dog happy when he gets my leftover lunch.

Tip: IGNORE the tv! Try cooking something - try making a Fathead pizza (OMG DELISH) or some Cloud Bread. Recipes abound on the 'net.

Old 04-03-2017, 01:03 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,814,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
by the way, I charted my weight loss when I was at Weight Watchers, its a low fat low calorie diet when I was there.. I only lost 1-2 pounds a week.. with this low carb/keto diet, im losing 4 pounds a week.
That is going to slow down. 2 pounds a week is what is recommend for safe and lasting weight loss. 4 pounds in the beginning is going to be a lot of water. Remember that you are still dealing with calories. Your body can only burn so many so if you are over eating, even if it is low carb, you will not lose weight.

Old 04-03-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
That is going to slow down. 2 pounds a week is what is recommend for safe and lasting weight loss. 4 pounds in the beginning is going to be a lot of water. Remember that you are still dealing with calories. Your body can only burn so many so if you are over eating, even if it is low carb, you will not lose weight.
Totally agree. Many on Keto go crazy eating all sorts of "fat bombs", cheese, nuts, goodies. You HAVE to have a basic calorie deficit to lose weight, regardless of what eating plan you are on.

Keto, after fat adaptation, provides me with a level of satiation that keeps me from overeating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss