Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 05:31 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,036,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pureid View Post
What is your best weight loss tip?
Gastric bypass surgery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 06:09 PM

4 posts, read 13,203 times
Jump rope. It is estimated that 10 minutes of jump roping is equal to 30 minutes of jogging or 60 minutes of cardio step class.I suggest a rope you can buy in any sports store for a few dollars.( weighted rope is best.) Start out 1 minute jumping continously. Then rest. 1 minute more. rest. then 1 more minute. Sounds easy but jump roping is a great strenuous exersice to get you in shape fast. Thats why boxers do it and are in great shape. Soon work up to 10 minutes straight jumping and you are in great shape, while losing lots and lots of pounds. No one believes me when I first tell them this, but when they try it they are very thankful they did. Just start out at very short intervals so not to get discouraged. You don't even have to leave your own yard to get in shape and lose weight.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:19 PM

427 posts, read 550,402 times
Quote:
Perhaps "Don't eat so much?"
Attached Thumbnails
What is your best weight loss tip?-11.thumbnail.jpg  

Old 11-17-2010, 03:36 PM

196 posts, read 564,331 times
Quote:
Stop talking about it and DO it already.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:39 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,679,388 times
My best weight loss tip is to only eat one half of what you'd normally eat.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:31 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,014,110 times
Quote:
Educate yourself on the ingredients in all your "favorite" processed/junk foods and drinks.

Once you do that, I'd be shocked if you'd actually be willing to put that garbage back into your body again.

Once you understand how your body metabolizes food and the importance of proper nutrition, it makes choosing real pure food much much easier.

Food is like medicine/fuel for your organs.

It's all about quality NOT quantity

Old 11-25-2010, 12:04 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,205,915 times
Quote:
Balanced and small meals: a serving of carbohydrates, one of protein, and the rest salad and fruit. Plus walking or something you like to do each day, fast enough to sweat a little.

A serving of carbohydrates: 1/3rd cup of cooked brown rice.
A serving of protein: a very small steak that fits in the palm of your hand.

Just imagine an eight-inch plate on the table: draw an imaginary line across the middle of the plate, and then a short line from the center point of the line across the plate, down to the edge of the plate. If done properly, the top of the plate is 1/2 of it, while the bottom half is divided into two quarters. Now, place the carbohydrates on one of the quarters, the protein on the other quarter, and the half above filled with a green salad.

-Carbohydrates: a very small potato, or 1/3rd cup of cooked rice, or a slice of bread, and so forth.

Protein: a serving of fish (any kid), a very small steak, a hamburger without the bread, two small pieces of chicken, and so forth.

3 small meals per day, and a snack between meals: 6 almonds, or a small apple, of 12 grapes plus a small piece of low fat cheese, or a small amount of sunflower seeds, etc. And drink plenty of water throughout the day since this plus a small snack (and I mean "small") will keep hunger away.
------
Also, no sodas and sugary drinks, candy (or cake, or ice cream, or hot cocoa, or chocolate)...only on special occasions. Instead of whole milk, switch to 1%. Switch to low fat cheese if you like this stuff. If you like coffee with milk, use 1% milk, and don't add any sweetener whatsoever. Do the same with tea (no sweeteners). Avoid white bread and white rice (switch to whole grain, wheat, and brown rice).
The best tip ever for losing weight is to eat very small meals and to stay active. By the way, one can tell when one is eating too much. The more one eats, the more visits to the toilet

Last edited by RayinAK; 11-25-2010 at 12:16 AM..

Old 11-25-2010, 07:09 AM

158 posts, read 270,429 times
[SIZE=3]I am just coming off a 6 week program I designed in a canned environment. I knew I had a very slow metabolism and I had to find out what my food intake should be to lose weight from 170 to 155. The location for this little experiment was Bagram Air Force Base in Afghanistan. Here all the temptations are the same the food was plentiful and various so you could have easily have gone the other way weight wise. I am a military contractor that is the reason I am out here. All I did was wait, wait until I got hungry. Then I followed a modified atkins plan choosing only lean meats and fish with vegetables. Yes there were some breaded items. And when the server used the spatchula to fill my dish I told him only half a spoon please. Also I had to walk a ½ mile each way to the chow hall. It turns out I only started eating a nourishing meal at noon and for breakfast on occasion I would walk in for scrambled eggs and bacon but no high calorie items such as pancakes or syrup. The evening was the same way I wasn’t hungry but I knew I had to eat. So all I had was a salad. Oh yes once a month on the 16th I would treat myself to a pie of sorts. In 6 weeks I went from 170 to 155 and with the modest weight training I didn’t lose weight this past week but maintained it at 155. By the way I am 57 years young.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Hope this helps[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]al[/SIZE]

Old 11-25-2010, 11:47 AM

362 posts, read 392,587 times
Quote:
If I told ya, I'd have to shoot ya.

Old 11-27-2010, 12:35 PM

10 posts, read 14,803 times
For me, not eating after 7 and ONLY snacking on fruit/vegetables. I would keep a bag of chopped up celery/carrots/broccoli/bell peppers and reach for those whenever I felt like eating something.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss