Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 08:21 PM

12 posts, read 21,469 times

Advertisements

1. Avoid fatty foods
2. Follow Carb rotation diet
3. Eat fruits and vegetables
4. Do interval training
5. Get some tips from "Flab and Fat Away" by Dr. Rose Windale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 07:24 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,620,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary4you25 View Post
try fruit smoothies........and coconut oil....its the best oil....not to mention many of the health benefits and it promotes in weight loss....it helps with your thyroid and speeds up your metobolism.......
I tried the coconut oil (organic,cold pressed) and I gained wt. My Doc says it isnt true. It does not promote wt loss nor speed up your thyroid-that info is false !
I have had thyroid problams and have been seeing an endo doc for a few years. Walking, sensible healthy foods, treats in moderation, small meals/healthy snacks thru the day. No wt problam.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:45 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,933,627 times
Another thing I'd like to add is that IF you're a vegetarian, that doesn't automatically mean you're eating healthy. Remember that white flour is basically worthless to your body and although it isn't a meat product, it won't contribute to weight loss. I'm a vegetarian, and have been for almost 6 years as I have issues digesting animal protein, but I STILL get in protein in other ways. I'm a very strong advocate of vegetarianism, but I know several other vegetarians that eat basically crap and say "well I'm not eating meat! That's good for me!" and then wonder why they're 20-30+ lbs overweight.

Old 08-31-2009, 11:21 PM

429 posts, read 685,100 times
try greentea tablets with hoodia.....makes stools loose and gives you energy plus is good for your immune system.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:02 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,793,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshfield mom View Post
try greentea tablets with hoodia.....makes stools loose and gives you energy plus is good for your immune system.

And combined with eating less, it really works.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:51 PM

145 posts, read 412,465 times
instead of thinking to yourself that you are DEPRIVING yourself of something, consider it being in aid of BENEFITTING or GAINING a body you like.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:36 PM

13 posts, read 15,486 times
hi,
10 pounds is not that much and you can easily lose it if you know how. In this article, I'll give you the 5 tips you need to shift it.

Losing this kind of weight is not that much but it can make a big difference like being able to fit into clothes that you only just can't fit into. Or just giving your body a big head start in overall weight loss because even this amount of weight loss is noticeable to you.

So here are the great tips that will see you lose this weight in one week.

- Eat fruit for breakfast. Yes, you should eat fruit and preferably the very juicy variety such as melons. Oranges are also good as are any fruits that contain a stone as these are slow burners.

- Eat (or is that drink?) soup for lunch. No bread allowed just a normal portion of soup. Make sure that you don't touch any kind of creamy soup as these have a lot of high fat dairy in them and calories. Pepper is OK but don't add any salt. The best soup for this is pea or cabbage soup. Both taste fantastic as well. I personally prefer a goulash or borsch.

- For dinner at least half of your plate should be steamed vegetables and make sure to get some broccoli in there as this is very good for you. The other half should be a protein like lean meat e.g. chicken breast. Or just eat nothing but vegetables if you prefer.

- No takeaway food. This is only for a week so surely you can stay away from fast food joints for a week? That also means restaurant takeaways too - these are full of saturated fats and hidden calories.

- High Impact Interval Training. This is where you jog for 30 seconds and then sprint as fast as you can for 30 seconds. Repeat again and again until you have done 15 minutes altogether. This will seriously have you shedding the pounds in no time because your metabolism will be increased for the rest of the day.Hope help full...

Old 10-26-2010, 06:51 PM

926 posts, read 2,748,681 times
I know this is old, I posted two years ago on this and I just wanted to share an update. I just finished the Daniel's Fast and I lost 48 pounds!

This is actually my second time doing it. The first time was last year and I lost 29 pounds, this time I started making use of all the energy I have and I started walking 3-5 miles every other day and I think that is what got me to 48 pounds!

Old 10-27-2010, 12:30 PM

894 posts, read 2,203,105 times
Best weight loss tip:

Cut out soda 100%, no more fast food, eat healthy. Stay away from processed foods. Be active! very important. Not only will you feel better, you will have more energy throughout the day, so you won't want to be lazy anymore. Go for a walk, a hike, a jog. Anything to get your heart rate up.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:34 PM

894 posts, read 2,203,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl5 View Post
I know this is old, I posted two years ago on this and I just wanted to share an update. I just finished the Daniel's Fast and I lost 48 pounds!

This is actually my second time doing it. The first time was last year and I lost 29 pounds, this time I started making use of all the energy I have and I started walking 3-5 miles every other day and I think that is what got me to 48 pounds!
Great Job! Congratulations! Do you have any before and after pictures?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss