Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 01:56 PM

578 posts, read 2,529,302 times

Advertisements

I am crippled, but noticed that the upper body aeorbics helps a lot. Also like the poster BlackBeauty sez; try to exercise, lots of water, etc. Making the right food choices. Good food choices starts with your Grocery List; DONT BRING IT INTO THE HOME, and it wont be a temptation, right? fuggetaboudit...Ahahaaa..
Good Luck summertime people. Get out there and sweat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 02:00 PM

578 posts, read 2,529,302 times
Everyone of the smokers that used to ride my back about me "eating too much"...are all dead now; from smoking.
My sister/brothers are 78, 80 & 82 All of them are built the same, i.e. fat, fine and strong legs with long torso. I am the baby in the family, hope I can be as healthy as they are at that age!
BTW: None of them smoke, but some are light drinkers .... I am only 55, yet still have time to 'get my sh*t together' change the way I eat, the way I shop.
Summer is good for Michiganders; we have loads of cheap fruits & veggies that are low-prices.
I can lose lots of weight just living on watermelons, cantalopes, fruity protein drink smoothies. Try it, its refreshing and the fruits act like a flushing regimen.
GOOD LUCK
PEACE, Helene

Old 09-01-2008, 03:59 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,283,220 times
Default Blood Type Diet

It is the end all be all.

The Blood Type Diet :: Peter D'Adamo

I've followed the O diet pretty carefully for years and have no weight problems to speak of. Dr. D'Adamo emphasized meat for blood type Os which might not work for some. Type As should be vegetarian, Bs have a mix of foods including dairy, and ABs have a diet like Os but less meat.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:01 PM

14 posts, read 137,846 times
Default DidYouDiet

Best weight loss tips I have found over the past few months have been on
DidYouDiet.com they post a tremendous amount of info there.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:04 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,283,220 times
No carbs three hours before bedtime, especially if you are blood type O but will probably work for all blood types. If you go to bed at 10, that means all carbs have to be consumed by 7, but you can still have a serving protein after 7.

If you are blood type A try a cultured dairy food called kefir.

http://www.kefir.net/

Old 09-14-2008, 07:24 AM

7 posts, read 17,501 times
Diets do not work long term. People just gain it back and then some.
Eat well in general, move more.
If you are bigger than average but healthy, learn to love yourself regardless of society demanding that you conform to a set image of what is acceptable by its standards.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:52 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,139,909 times
Wow, after reading all 10 pages, I can't believe my best weight loss tip hasn't been posted. This tip came from Mens Health magazine (& I'm a woman). Metamucil. I like the orange flavor, sugar free. I put 2 teaspoons in about a 1/3 of a glass of water. You start off drinking it & then you use a spoon because it turns into an orange flavored pudding. This is a night time snack a couple of times a week for me.

It really fills me up. Sometimes I just want to eat everything in sight & this really satisfys me.

I've lost over 50 bs in 18 months by just following my own menu-no carbs-no sugar lifestyle. After the first 5 months of having a glass of metamucil daily, my cholesterol had dropped from 207 to 149. I was just amazed.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:22 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,863,376 times
Avoid the fad diet ideas like avoiding carbs, etc. The Atkins diet is nuts and has led many people to serious medical problems. You need protein, carbs, and fat (but not necessarily sat fat) in your diet - just in the right amounts. The blood type diet is not backed by medical studies so its a hit or miss.

Get used to reading food labels and keep a journal of what you eat and look up your intake of each on this web site: Nutrition facts.

That site also has a feature (on the bottom right of the front page) so you both can see what your caloric intake should be, what your BMI is (and should be), etc. Stick to a healthy caloric intake they provide and you'll lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way. Its all about sticking with it over the long run. You didn't put on those pounds overnight and you won't lose them for good overnight.

For example, an 210 pound man with an active lifestyle needs 76 grams of protein per day but too many are getting 100-150 iper day (way too much).

Cut out the ice cream, big steaks, fried chicken and start eating more veggies and drinking more water. Get lots of fiber and your GI system will start working more efficiently, giving you an added energy boost which supports...

Getting some exercise every day (going up and down the stairs with groceries does not count). Get out for an hour walk or a 30 minute bike ride every day. There is plenty of time if you watch less TV or wake up just a bit earlier in the morning.

If you really want to lose weight and get healthy, consider a vegetarian or semi-vegetarian diet, its the most effective method out there.

Good luck!

XP

Old 10-03-2008, 09:54 AM

49 posts, read 220,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshinspections View Post
60 minutes of daily sustained sex, multiple positions, no smoke breaks, and no sleepy sex. Must be rambunxious, nasty and out-of-control. You can make love after the 60 minutes is met.
I like where your head is at.

Eat less salt/sodium and someone said it read labels. I have given up plenty of foods that are just to salty after reading labels. Even subway is loaded with salt. Also add cayenne pepper to everything.

WHFoods: Cayenne pepper

Old 10-03-2008, 09:57 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,770,610 times
No refined sugar, no sodas, increase your activity and decrease your portions at each meal. Losing weight is really simple, it just takes a modicum of personal discipline.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss