Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 03:30 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusySocialWorker View Post
drink h2o and crystal light!
I wonder....

Does diet soda have negative affects on weight loss?

Drink More Diet Soda, Gain More Weight?

Diet Soda Drinkers Gain Weight - CBS News

SciGuy: Drink a diet soda. Gain weight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 03:35 PM

7,115 posts, read 12,656,070 times
My best weight loss tip? No snacking/no junk foods, keep calories under 1600/day...

Old 06-08-2009, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
My best weight loss tip? No snacking/no junk foods, keep calories under 1600/day...
In other words, be uncomfortable, deprived and hungry.

Works every time.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:45 PM

Well, I cannot speak for you, Charles, but I find myself content with 1600 calories...but then I truly enjoy salads and fruits and vegetables more so than things like hamburgers and greasy, sugary foods.

I'm not deprived or uncomfortable...Hungry? Nope, not that either. Big salads fill me up just fine. And a baked potato stuffed with steamed vegetables really fills me up.

Different strokes for different folks, eh?

Old 06-08-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
I find myself content with 1600 calories.
I truly enjoy salads and fruits and vegetables
I'm not deprived or uncomfortable...
Big salads fill me up just fine.
If everyone could write this, then this forum wouldn't exist.

Old 06-08-2009, 03:58 PM

That's true, I suppose.

I wonder if stomach's can be retrained (without surgery) to be content with less food?

I've learned to 'fool' mine with lots of bulk...and now, after years of eating this way, it seems to require less food to feel full.

Also, I've learned learned to eat more slowly, put down my fork after each bite, drink lots of water with meals but most of all, not to gulp my food down like a boa constrictor swallowing a baby pig...but it does take constant reminding to not gulp and shovel it in when it's something I really like...it takes my satiety point a while to signal "Full" and eating too quickly can overfill me when I'm not really hungry any longer...

Old 06-09-2009, 11:47 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gue View Post
Wow, after reading all 10 pages, I can't believe my best weight loss tip hasn't been posted. This tip came from Mens Health magazine (& I'm a woman). Metamucil. I like the orange flavor, sugar free. I put 2 teaspoons in about a 1/3 of a glass of water. You start off drinking it & then you use a spoon because it turns into an orange flavored pudding. This is a night time snack a couple of times a week for me.

It really fills me up. Sometimes I just want to eat everything in sight & this really satisfys me.

I've lost over 50 bs in 18 months by just following my own menu-no carbs-no sugar lifestyle. After the first 5 months of having a glass of metamucil daily, my cholesterol had dropped from 207 to 149. I was just amazed.
use fibercon instead of Medtamucil, it doesnt clump up and you cant tast it. You can even add it to your coffee. Same affect.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:04 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Just a simple one:

Like the changes you make in your diet and life to be thinner.
Otherwise you will not stick to it.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:12 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,717,395 times
Quote:
That's true, I suppose.

I wonder if stomach's can be retrained (without surgery) to be content with less food?
I've learned to 'fool' mine with lots of bulk...and now, after years of eating this way, it seems to require less food to feel full.

Also, I've learned learned to eat more slowly, put down my fork after each bite, drink lots of water with meals but most of all, not to gulp my food down like a boa constrictor swallowing a baby pig...but it does take constant reminding to not gulp and shovel it in when it's something I really like...it takes my satiety point a while to signal "Full" and eating too quickly can overfill me when I'm not really hungry any longer...
I've heard they can as you eat less
Takes a bit of time though

Old 06-15-2009, 08:53 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,705,568 times
Look at being hungry while dieting as your fat cells screaming "I'm shrinking!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss