Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2008, 05:56 PM

6 posts, read 21,036 times

Advertisements

Hi Helene,
I did check out DidYouDiet.com it does have very good weight loss info, I was interested in the 18in4 diet, if you have the link can you please forward to me.
Thanks
Janine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 07:06 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artyst View Post
i disagree about walking not doing much for you. walking keeps my legs looking fabulous. and a good brisk walk is gentler on your joints (knees, ankles, hips) and back than running or jogging.
When I was younger and more in shape, I thought walking didn't do enough for me...so I stopped. I should have just kept walking and I'd be in a whole lot better shape right now.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:13 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,922,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pureid View Post
What is your best weight loss tip?
Less eating, more exercising.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:27 AM

4,500 posts, read 2,844,570 times
Never eat and go to sleep.
Take a walk as possible as you can.
Try to eat two meals per day, and use to it.
Eat everything you want it but in a small size.

Last edited by Mona Mee; 11-07-2008 at 01:39 AM..

Old 11-08-2008, 09:41 AM

237 posts, read 856,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacks View Post
Take up smoking. You'll lose 15-20lb!!!

It's true that speeds up your metabolism, but seriously - the only real safe, permanent way is simple. Eat less and/or exercise more. (Burn more calories than you take in.) Easier said than done, so why is it so hard when it's such a simple answer? Motivation. If I were you, I'd concentrate on that rather than focussing on tips.

Actually, quitting smoking and losing weight are a lot alike. We try to use tips like posting encouraging notes all over, sucking on carrot sticks, finding other ways to keep ourselves busy and distracted from our vices, even using medical assistance or herbal supplements. And most of the time it works for a while but fails in the long run.

Look within yourself. When the motivation is REALLY there (your motivation and not somebody else's) you will make the permanent changes necessary to become and stay a smaller person. It ain't gonna be easy, you just have to get sick and tired of being sick and tired of it.

Good luck to you!

Doesnt work that well. Im a smoker and I can lose, and I eat pretty healthy usually mostly organic/low fat

Old 11-08-2008, 09:51 AM

178 posts, read 361,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
I used to have a book, can't for the life of me remember the name of it, that suggested easy but very smart changes for regular old eating. It suggested that instead of 1 cup of steamed white rice you could eat 10 cups of steamed cauliflower for the same amount of calories and more nutrition (not that you would) and you could make a sundae with frozen yogurt and fresh fruit and still use a little chocolate sauce and have 3 of them for the same calories as the same sundae made with ice cream & nuts.

Things I never even thought of, like eating english muffins instead of bagels.

Sometimes it is more about making smarter choices rather than eating less.

Also the book suggested that if you wanted a cookie or something that it was o.k. to have one and enjoy every last crumb of it. Then continue on, rather than say "I blew it" and spend the rest of the day eating junk. Have that cookie before the craving makes you eat a dozen.

If I can remember the book I will post it. It was full of good ideas for ways to make better choices.
Fit or Fat?

Old 11-09-2008, 04:13 PM

425 posts, read 1,105,456 times
Default I have that book

Its called (Picture Perfect Weight Loss)by Dr Shapiro
It basically shows you what you could eat rather than say a bagel or chocolate cake,but it shows you the amount that equals the amount of the caloric no no.
I have a bookshelf full of books that I havent taken to heart,maybe i should get of my Keister and do something huh?

Old 11-11-2008, 04:53 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,454,356 times
Black coffee in bed.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:58 PM

591 posts, read 664,206 times
Default best weight loss tips

Do not set your goal too high. If you have to loose 50-70 lbs. Say to yourself, my goal is to lose 10 lbs the next couple of weeks. After you loose that 10 lbs. Say to yourself I need to loose 10 lbs in a couple of weeks.......and so on. This worked for me, and I have losted 40 lbs.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:30 AM

12 posts, read 33,461 times
Default Weight loss tips

1. Dietary control and exercise
2. Change your lifestyle
3. Join an online support group
4. Take before and after photos
5. Hire a substitute teacher
6. Start reading labels
7. What’s so funny about bovines
8. Tell your family
9. Go public
10.Identify your exercise

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss