Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 06:43 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,665,551 times

Advertisements

Eat foods with a low glycemic index;this allows cells to become more insulin sensitive and not want to store fat. Exercise moderately and life-long. This enhances insulin sensitivity, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 06:47 PM

250 posts, read 336,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pureid View Post
What is your best weight loss tip?
60 minutes of daily sustained sex, multiple positions, no smoke breaks, and no sleepy sex. Must be rambunxious, nasty and out-of-control. You can make love after the 60 minutes is met.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:52 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcb View Post
60 minutes of daily sustained sex, multiple positions, no smoke breaks, and no sleepy sex. Must be rambunxious, nasty and out-of-control. You can make love after the 60 minutes is met.
That works for me.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:12 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times
Best weight loss tip?

Don't put it on in the first place.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:14 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
kaiser permanente semi fast program.
3 cans of slimfast and a modest meal each day with mild exercise program.
it works esp with older people.
i lost 30 and kept it off.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:45 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,994,734 times
I recently began working out. I'm not fat per say, but I do love food and beer and it is beginning to show a bit more than I like. So I did a bit of googling and I have been following the routines and advice on the following sites:

Beginner Runners - How To Get Started With Running

The "Get Lean Over the Summer" Diet

Summer Lean Down Meal Options

I try to do the walking/running in the morning like the page says (I take one of my dogs to keep me company), but when I don't have time I will do it at night once the sun goes down and it cools off a bit. I will also play tennis for an hour or two once or twice a week with friends at the university. I can't -really- play that well, but I'm learning the sport and getting exercise running all over the court.

Before I started this I had already quit drinking sodas and eating candy/junk food for the most part, but I still wasn't active...mostly doing 12oz curls Now I've lost about 5lbs in the first week. My motivation is mainly to see my abs instead of flab.

Only thing I can't seem to get out of my diet is beer so I guess that is my only junk food.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:14 PM

77 posts, read 283,136 times
I lost 65lbs over the last 4 years. First thing I did was switch to diet soda, thought I would miss my mountain dew but I have found some really good diet sodas. That alone I started losing weight. I than cut down portions. I still eat what I want and an occasional fast food and a little sweet desert at night is fine in moderation. I also try to do at least an hour of cardio a day and weights a couple times a week.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:19 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,299,309 times
I lost 70 pounds by walking and eating "smarter". Years ago. So I am in disagreement with the idea that walking "does nothing". I walked just 30 minutes a day at first, then sped it up and made it longer. Once a week I allowed myself to eat "whatever".. the rest of the time I just ate with more common sense, less fat, more veggies, fruits, whole grains and lean proteins.

Now I'm starting over again... I didn't stick with my good habits, but still, walking can help you lose weight. The trick is to make it uncomfortable. It shouldn't be like a leisurely walk in the park picking flowers.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:11 PM

574 posts, read 2,046,063 times
Regular cardiovasular workouts at least four days per week and strength training at least three days per week, plus just overall cutting portions of everything I eat. I have lost 30 pounds and two sizes in the past year.

Nancy

Old 06-15-2008, 08:30 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,781,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioAdoptMom3 View Post
Regular cardiovasular workouts at least four days per week and strength training at least three days per week, plus just overall cutting portions of everything I eat. I have lost 30 pounds and two sizes in the past year.

Nancy
good job, keep it up (down)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss