Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 09:01 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times

Advertisements

Two more great weight loss tips:

1. If someone (personal trainer) who really knows what they are talking about gives you a tip/advice on how to lose weight, FOLLOW IT. Too many people who have gotten fat and lazy always are looking for the easy (i.e., probably wont work) way out instead of doing that WILL work for them.

2. Stay very very far away from the dangerous threads started by the laziest of lazys in promoting the most unhealthful and dangerous diets I have ever seen. HCG shots, "cleanse diets", No carb diets, no protein diets, lemon fasts, weight loss patch, etc. are all dangerous and very very unhealthy for your body.

People need to realize that their bodies are fine tuned machines (well.......some of our bodies are finely tuned) so in order for them to keep functioning/running well they need to have GOOD BALANCED NUTRITION. This is why all these diets (any "diet" really) is so dangerous and harmful. Too many of you are so worried about losing fat, that you deprive your body of the most essential elements of nutrition that it needs to run properly. HCG shots along with hummingbird caloric intake, or cleansing diets are harmful to you. Why further sacrifice your health just to try to quickly lose the fat that it probably took you years (if not your entire lifetime) to put on? Do it the safe and effective way - daily exercise (weights and cardio), eat balanced nutritional food and get plenty of sleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 12:30 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,074,327 times
Sorry, I take serious issue with the following post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Two more great weight loss tips:

1. If someone (personal trainer) who really knows what they are talking about gives you a tip/advice on how to lose weight, FOLLOW IT. Too many people who have gotten fat and lazy always are looking for the easy (i.e., probably wont work) way out instead of doing that WILL work for them.
If I had a dime for every horrible piece of advice I've heard a personal trainer give, I'd be rich. I had to pull my teenager brother out of a national chain gym a few years back because they were giving him such horrible advice that he was just going in circles and getting no results.

Unfortunately it's tough for the everyday Joe to cut through the crap and find a diet that works for them. It's a catch-22 in the truest sense.

Quote:
2. Stay very very far away from the dangerous threads started by the laziest of lazys in promoting the most unhealthful and dangerous diets I have ever seen. HCG shots, "cleanse diets", No carb diets, no protein diets, lemon fasts, weight loss patch, etc. are all dangerous and very very unhealthy for your body.
The low carbs diets don't belong there. They've been proven safe time and time again despite misconceptions to the contrary.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post

1. If someone (personal trainer) or other (even here on CD) who really knows what they are talking about gives you a tip/advice on how to lose weight, FOLLOW IT. Too many people who have gotten fat and lazy always are looking for the easy (i.e., probably wont work) way out instead of doing that WILL work for them.
Added the part in red. Make that "GOOD ADVICE". All too often I see very good advice being given in the Exercise and Fitness forum only for the person who obviously needs it say something like "its too hard" or "I dont need to workout like that" or "Can I still drink soda?" or some other lazy-way or half-a$$ed way to go about NOT doing what they need to lose weight/get back in healthy shape.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:07 AM

4 posts, read 8,152 times
Default hcg diet

Give it a try. It's very esy to do at home too. Serch around on the web, you'll find everything you need to know

Old 08-15-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellihed View Post
Give it a try. It's very esy to do at home too. Serch around on the web, you'll find everything you need to know
I see you are back with a new name and based on all of your posts, you are still pushing the dangerous unhealthy hcg. NO ONE SHOULD DO HCG AS THERE ARE MANY MORE SAFE, HEALTHY AND EFFECTIVE WAYS TO LOSE WEIGHT.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:23 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,267,585 times
Anything bad you can make better!
If you have favorite foods that are totally unhealthy look for a healthier alternative. Its out there you just have to find it. It makes eating more of an adventure and less of a diet chore. It also cuts down on those " I ate all the crap I was denying myself " days.

Once you really start eating good or healthy versions of your favorite flavors the old unhealthy versions sorta just taste like over sugared and salted grease balls. Which is totally strange in a good way.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Change your diet over a long time span and start exercise like walking.Crashy diets are not likely to succeed over time and can be very unhealthy lossign and gaining constantly.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:33 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,779,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Crashy diets...can be very unhealthy
Has this ever been proven?

Just like "No two sets of fingerprints are the same." Has this ever been proven?

Old 08-17-2009, 08:31 PM

12 posts, read 21,465 times
YOu don't have to starve yourself to lose weight. Just eat fruits and vegetables. It's like almost a cliche but is always true because they are nutritious. They can be eaten in large amounts but it won't make you fat but healthier. You can also apply the carb rotation diet which can help you differentiate the good FATS from the bad one. We also need fats in our diet but only little of it. Exercise is also a part of losing weight because that's your only way to burn those extra pounds. YOu can try the interval training too.

I learned all of these from the "Flab and Fat Away" e-book by Dr. Rose Windale. It's a whole new feeling for me after applying all of these and It really worked because I already lose some pounds after a week. :-)

Old 08-18-2009, 05:16 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,779,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalr0w3 View Post
YOu don't have to starve yourself to lose weight. Just eat fruits and vegetables.
And after you get sick of this method after a couple of days, come back to City Data forum and look for more ideas on how to lose weight. If eating only fruits and vegetables was so easy.....
Not eating all those goodies and empty carbs and high fat foods is easy, just like flipping a switch, right?

Quote:
They can be eaten in large amounts but it won't make you fat but healthier.
It depends what "large" means. If "large" means less than the quantity that will provide more calories than you burn, this is correct. However, fruit such as bananas, grapes, and cherries have more calories than you think - not much less than junk food. So, if someone eats a lot of fruit they may not necessarily remain thin.

Quote:
Exercise is also a part of losing weight because that's your only way to burn those extra pounds.
True. Exercise is the only way to burn those extra pounds however burning isn't the only way to lose extra pounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss