Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 01:25 AM

18 posts, read 53,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
I love veggies, but one way I learned for picky eaters is to puree them and add them to things like tomato sauce (serve over pasta, or better still over spaghetti squash)
This is exactly what I do! I also make shakes and juices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 04:28 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,544,205 times
Eat less, exercise more.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:19 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Eat less, exercise more.
Yeah that about sums it up for the most part. Although you have folks like me who were doing great...eating less...exercising....losing weight (40 something pounds or so) and it all comes to a screeching halt! With 20 to 25 pounds left! I have recently lost a few more but my calorie intake is ridiculously low. (under 1000 a day) Well whatever works right!

Old 08-19-2009, 06:54 AM

56 posts, read 73,799 times
It's really very simple.
Eat less!

Exersize does not make one loose weight, nor do 99% of diets.
However, a well balanced diet without junk food and a little walking will do it everytime.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesY View Post
It's really very simple.
Eat less!

Exersize does not make one loose weight, nor do 99% of diets.
However, a well balanced diet without junk food and a little walking will do it everytime.

Exercise helps create that all important "calorie deficit" that is essential to weight loss. Plus it makes you feel better, more energy, and it tones your muscles. I'm proof that exercise works. I ran and ran on a treadmill for months and lost weight while still eating at my favorite Chinese buffet 1 or 2 times a week.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:16 PM

591 posts, read 663,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Yeah that about sums it up for the most part. Although you have folks like me who were doing great...eating less...exercising....losing weight (40 something pounds or so) and it all comes to a screeching halt! With 20 to 25 pounds left! I have recently lost a few more but my calorie intake is ridiculously low. (under 1000 a day) Well whatever works right!
Hang in there. I am still there. Its a hard struggle. It only lasts awhile, and then you start loosing again. Here is what I did. I started for 2 days to increase my calories, then went back the the original calories that I started with. It worked and I lost 2 more lbs.

Old 08-19-2009, 03:18 PM

591 posts, read 663,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Exercise helps create that all important "calorie deficit" that is essential to weight loss. Plus it makes you feel better, more energy, and it tones your muscles. I'm proof that exercise works. I ran and ran on a treadmill for months and lost weight while still eating at my favorite Chinese buffet 1 or 2 times a week.
3 things to loose weight....good attitude, well balanced diet (small portions) and exercise.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:42 PM

12 posts, read 21,451 times
I've lose some weight from the interval training and carb rotation diet that I have just learned from the "Flab and Fat Away" by Dr. Rose Windale. You can check that out. :-)

Old 08-20-2009, 06:10 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times
Go online and do a google photo search for cardiovascular pathology.

Here's a sample:

http://www.path.utah.edu/casepath/CV...Case5Part5.htm

That morning doughnut might not just be as appetizing.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybee View Post
Hang in there. I am still there. Its a hard struggle. It only lasts awhile, and then you start loosing again. Here is what I did. I started for 2 days to increase my calories, then went back the the original calories that I started with. It worked and I lost 2 more lbs.

Glad to see that you are still around! I have lost about 9 pounds since I started working again. Yay! I don't eat a whole lot now though. But ya know....whatever works!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss