Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2008, 07:06 PM

1,237 posts, read 3,448,690 times

Advertisements

I have loved reading these tips (although I feel guilty for reading them and not being out exercising instead!).

I want to lose a moderate amount of weight - basically I just don't like how my clothes are fitting these days! For the most part I (think) I eat okay but I know I need to exercise more. My time for exercise is limited so I really want to focus on eating better. My problem is I HATE vegetables. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to sneak them into other dishes or make them taste better? I'm just a picky eater in general so any healthy suggestions would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 12:42 AM

14 posts, read 31,356 times
You are right mr.Hungry For Cheese.If we work out daily.Breaking meals into 5-6 meals throughout the day such as snacks like apple with peanut butter, celery with an orange or almonds and many natural foods can reduce our weight.Most important thing is that we have to avoid to take the more and more food in a day.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:52 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,228,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmrbird View Post
I have loved reading these tips (although I feel guilty for reading them and not being out exercising instead!).

I want to lose a moderate amount of weight - basically I just don't like how my clothes are fitting these days! For the most part I (think) I eat okay but I know I need to exercise more. My time for exercise is limited so I really want to focus on eating better. My problem is I HATE vegetables. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to sneak them into other dishes or make them taste better? I'm just a picky eater in general so any healthy suggestions would be great!
I love veggies, but one way I learned for picky eaters is to puree them and add them to things like tomato sauce (serve over pasta, or better still over spaghetti squash) or to make mashed potatoes with one half cauliflower.

Also pureeing veggies and making a soup like cream of brocolli but using oatmeal to cream it instead of cream.

I have a vitamix and just pop the veggies in there (kale, apple etc) and blend them up good and drink them...I love them this way!

Old 11-18-2008, 12:40 AM

14 posts, read 31,356 times
Hi adventuregurl,wow!! what a delicious food great.Really you have a very good taste my friend.I think the dish which you are eating it is also very healthy..Even i want to try it out...

Old 11-19-2008, 01:26 AM

7 posts, read 37,458 times
Default Re: What is your best weight loss tip?

Hi,
Give me two days i have some recipe for weight loss. Do you know about "Yoga exercise".

Old 03-12-2009, 12:57 AM

12 posts, read 18,829 times
I watch Michael's video and do the steps shown in the video.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:04 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacks View Post
Look within yourself. When the motivation is REALLY there (your motivation and not somebody else's) you will make the permanent changes necessary to become and stay a smaller person. It ain't gonna be easy, you just have to get sick and tired of being sick and tired of it.
Wow. 12 pages and the best tip is right on the first page. Everyone knows how to lose weight. While it's not incredibly complicated, it does require hard work. And like anything hard, you won't do it unless you're sufficiently motivated. You have to want something badly enough to work for it. If you're looking for the shortcut, that probably means you don't want it that bad. Most of us would love to be rich, but how many of us are willing to work hard and sacrifice for it? Too many would rather buy a lottery ticket.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:48 PM

3 posts, read 13,103 times
try fruit smoothies........and coconut oil....its the best oil....not to mention many of the health benefits and it promotes in weight loss....it helps with your thyroid and speeds up your metobolism.......

Old 03-24-2009, 08:10 PM

12,961 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Fall out of love with food, try not to make it your big event of the day, find other ways to entertain your self, I learned to skip lunch by grabbing an apple or banana and doing something I seem to never have time for, browse an Antique shop, stop at the museum,library, I began to look foreward to lunch because it was 30-45 minutes of some adventure, not the latest resturaunt in town . There are plenty times through the year when feasting is part of the celebration, and I enjoy food and cooking on those occassions Many weight loss plans and diets have us focusing on food which IMO is the problem. outside of celebration food, meals are an interuption in my day

Old 06-04-2009, 01:51 PM

955 posts, read 3,648,429 times
didn't read them all so this was probably already said:

use a smaller plate - don't use your big dinner plate - you mind can be tricked and you eat less

Take celebration in the little losses

reward yourself - set goals and give yourself rewards to work for

liquid calories are the worst and easist to stack up if you don't watch - drink h2o and crystal light!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss