Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2019, 05:33 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,250,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
Cheesecake factory.
I've only eaten there once. It's probably not the place to go if you're trying to slim down.
So what are you having, Lucy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2019, 05:48 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,015,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
I've only eaten there once. It's probably not the place to go if you're trying to slim down.
So what are you having, Lucy?
*Hopefully* I'll be having the Asian lettuce wrap tacos. And a cappuccino for dessert. Maybe I'll grab the bowl of strawberries for dessert as well. Likely I will steal some french fries from someone's plate as well. That's usually a given. If all goes well, that will be it!

Fingers crossed!

Old 03-16-2019, 06:11 AM

That sounds good!
When I went to the Cheesecake Factory I was on vacation... there isn't one around here. Needless to say, it wasn't pretty.
If the wife has fries, she's required to give me one. Exactly one.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
That sounds good!
<snip>
If the wife has fries, she's required to give me one. Exactly one.
Ha ha ha - that's funny! I usually take a couple. And if there are french fries left over, everyone knows not to let the server take the plate away! The same goes for bacon and breakfast potatoes.

It's kinda funny, I generally will not eat a potato, not mashed, not baked, etc. But turn it into a french fry? G Gimme gimme gimme! (the same for onions and onion rings - onions are gross! Onion rings are heavenly!)

Old 03-16-2019, 11:18 AM

4,927 posts, read 2,904,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
Ha ha ha - that's funny! I usually take a couple. And if there are french fries left over, everyone knows not to let the server take the plate away! The same goes for bacon and breakfast potatoes.

It's kinda funny, I generally will not eat a potato, not mashed, not baked, etc. But turn it into a french fry? G Gimme gimme gimme! (the same for onions and onion rings - onions are gross! Onion rings are heavenly!)
I love mashed potatoes, but with unsweetened almond milk, soy margarine and garlic. One of my favorite meals is fried okra, sliced tomatoes, mashed potatoes and veggie burger.

You peel the garlic and boil it with the potatoes. Add pink sea salt and black ground pepper.

Old 03-16-2019, 01:16 PM

Cheesecake Factory success! The Asian lettuce wrap tacos were FANTASTIC! I shared a couple of appetizers - ahi tuna tartare and fried zucchini. And tasted a bit of the chicken taquitos. Also had an end piece of the wheat bread. All yummy! For dessert, strawberries and coffee. All delicious and very filling!

Ha - 'very filling' is kinda funny. It was still a lot of food. But yummy, healthy (ish) and worth every calorie!

Old 03-16-2019, 03:39 PM

Another successful fast ended after 42 hrs. Had eggs, bacon and toast w/suger free blackberry jelly.
Now I'm having some Mich Ultra, the Official Beer of Diabetics.

My wife got a Chicago style personal pizza last weekend and only ate one piece.
I told her that I was gonna eat it if she didn't. So it looks like I'm having some regular pizza tonight.
First cheat day in quite awhile, although not a big cheat.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Another successful fast ended after 42 hrs. Had eggs, bacon and toast w/suger free blackberry jelly.
Now I'm having some Mich Ultra, the Official Beer of Diabetics.

My wife got a Chicago style personal pizza last weekend and only ate one piece.
I told her that I was gonna eat it if she didn't. So it looks like I'm having some regular pizza tonight.
First cheat day in quite awhile, although not a big cheat.
Congrats on your long fast. I had much the same thing this morning: scrambled tofu, soy sausage, coffee and toast with sugar-free jelly. I could have added grits and/or home fries but I didn't think I could hold that much. A few sliced tomatoes instead. Also made some hummus for tomorrow.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Congrats on your long fast. I had much the same thing this morning: scrambled tofu, soy sausage, coffee and toast with sugar-free jelly. I could have added grits and/or home fries but I didn't think I could hold that much. A few sliced tomatoes instead. Also made some hummus for tomorrow.
Thank you.
That's three straight Fridays. Along with Cheap Chicken eating, it's become part of my formula for accelerated weight loss.
It helps that I'm working 60+ hrs a week right now and probably will until around Good Friday. No food at work!
You still losing, KZ?

Old 03-16-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Thank you.
That's three straight Fridays. Along with Cheap Chicken eating, it's become part of my formula for accelerated weight loss.
It helps that I'm working 60+ hrs a week right now and probably will until around Good Friday. No food at work!
You still losing, KZ?
Yeah, I am still losing, small increments. Mostly body shape is changing, and for the better.

Apparently, there is a way of determining if autophagy is going on, but it involves monitoring a couple of variables I don't understand. But there's more going on than just what is noted in mice studies.

Started IF in late August. That's seven months and that's a long time in terms of dieting. See:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Er_FrJcvde4

Last edited by KaraZetterberg153; 03-16-2019 at 05:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss