Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 04:16 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Why are you so obsessed with race?
I am not obsessed with race . Those calling dr Carson an Uncle Tom are
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 04:18 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Just like I thought. You're only kissing his ass because he's black...you're just too embarrassed to admit it.

He doesn't have to prove himself? Good. Make sure that he doesn't run for anything then.

And you're right; I'm not crazy enough to vote for a Republican, but guess what? Most Americans arent! But hey...if you wanna keep thinking that you're special because you're aligned with a losing party, be my guest.
So the fact you know you would not vote republican displays that you are just stirring the water instead of honest discussion

Old 03-27-2013, 05:20 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
Where he's so extraordinary is that he advocates personal responsibility, showing that it results in maximum freedom. It has nothing to do with race. However, for that reason, because of what he advocates, even if he is the Republican candidate in 2016, I am not sure he would be elected because Americans are being and have been drawn into accepting the freedoms with the government accepting the responsibility, causing other Americans to pay for that responsibility, with the paying Americans being called "fascist" for having the audacity to object to that.

Unless the Republican party can show Americans that the greatest freedom comes from accepting responsibility, and can convince Americans that freedom is better, they will never win elections. Make no mistake, if Carson is the presidential candidate, hearing the words "Uncle Tom" will be the least of what he will have to endure by the Democrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You're a little off your rocker.

All I'm asking the GOP to do is to show me where he's so extraordinary.

In other words, prove to me that if he were a white neurosurgeon with the exact same views, that he'd be held up and feted the way he's being done right now. Surely there are prominent white surgeons with conservative views. So what is THIS all about?

The whole thing about him being an Uncle Tom is the opinion of one particular poster, not everyone. I don't think he's an Uncle Tom at all...I just wanna know what the big deal is.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:00 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
I like the guy and love how he took it to Obama at the breakfast without even having to say his name. But he's not exactly ready to be a viable Presidential candidate. He has little experience and needs a little more credentials. But he's come out and said he isn't running hasn't he?

Old 03-27-2013, 06:03 AM

568 posts, read 962,358 times
WTH is Dr. Carson??? Have I missed something important?? Doesnt look like it.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooterposh View Post
WTH is Dr. Carson??? Have I missed something important?? Doesnt look like it.
obviously you have missed something if you are not following what has happened, his comments about possibly running and what others are saying...

Old 03-27-2013, 07:57 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The other day I heard Ann Coulter talking about this. She pointed out how many Senate races R's have lost by running unproven, inexperienced candidates. She said that D's "play to win," while R's do not. As for Carson for prez, she was empatically against it. She said she had made the mistake of supporting several such candidates in the past and learned her lesson.
As much as I hate that broad she is right...

The GOP remind me of fans filling out March Madness Brackets who pick with the heart and not their mind.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:14 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I like the guy and love how he took it to Obama at the breakfast without even having to say his name. But he's not exactly ready to be a viable Presidential candidate. He has little experience and needs a little more credentials. But he's come out and said he isn't running hasn't he?
If you are anti Obama then yes, it was a great speech... if he made this speech at a medical conference without Obama sitting at the table would he still be getting the Presidential treatment? I doubt it.

He is Joe the Plumber with an actual job and a PhD. I'm sick and tired of every person who challenges the President face to face turning into some national hero.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:01 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
And this is how the defamation/assault on someone's character starts--a black person is not allowed to be successful UNLESS he agrees with Obama. Carson is a neurosurgeon, director of pediatric neurosurgery at John Hopkins. He was one of the team to be involved with separation of conjoined twins, joined at the head. Carson is one of many who believes this country is going in the wrong direction, speaks out about it, spoke out about it at a prayer breakfast where he was invited, and Obama was present. If he agreed with Obama, you'd be on here touting his credentials and telling us what a great person he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
If you are anti Obama then yes, it was a great speech... if he made this speech at a medical conference without Obama sitting at the table would he still be getting the Presidential treatment? I doubt it.

He is Joe the Plumber with an actual job and a PhD. I'm sick and tired of every person who challenges the President face to face turning into some national hero.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:37 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I don't see what the big deal about Carson is. He simply repeats the usual conservative talking points and some people think he's some deep and thoughtful presidential hopeful.
He's black. Because he's black, conservatives think they can use him to cancel out Obama. That's really what it's all about.

Quote:
And this is how the defamation/assault on someone's character starts--a black person is not allowed to be successful UNLESS he agrees with Obama. Carson is a neurosurgeon, director of pediatric neurosurgery at John Hopkins. He was one of the team to be involved with separation of conjoined twins, joined at the head. Carson is one of many who believes this country is going in the wrong direction, speaks out about it, spoke out about it at a prayer breakfast where he was invited, and Obama was present. If he agreed with Obama, you'd be on here touting his credentials and telling us what a great person he is.
That's fantastic. And if you could convince me that you're not merely propping up Dr. Ben Carson (who?) because he's black and conservative, I might give him a second thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections