Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 11:39 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
obviously you have missed something if you are not following what has happened, his comments about possibly running and what others are saying...
No one is covering Carson outside of 2 shows on FOX and forums like these. I have yet to see him mentioned on CNN or MSNBC. John Stewart finally mentioned him when talking about CPAC where he said " no one is going hungry in this country"

It isnt that hard to miss the guy if you dont frequent right wing media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So the fact you know you would not vote republican displays that you are just stirring the water instead of honest discussion
How many of the Republicans on this site would vote Democratic ?

even the centerist on political sites are people that are hard core into politics on one level or another and are part of one political party/movement and arent switching.

So its a little over the top to point out someone is stirring the pot when everyone else has a spoon too.

Carson himself has not show the public anything, He would be like Herman Cain. Someone from the Private sector with no political experience. He would get a bump just for being there, but it would fade quickly.

as for race... look. The Republican party has an imaging problem. Every time you get a prominent African America, either the candidate screws up and claims liberal african Americans are stupid/dumb/slaves/lazy ( Allen West, Herman Cain) or the actual constituents do ( Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, many posters on this site). You guys have made it sound as if Liberal African Americans are the worst of the worst and that they do not live good lives.

Republicans are never going to get the black vote because someone who may have been liberal 5 years ago who has become conservative now is going to look back and think about the person they are and see that they havent changed as a person(only that their views of fixing this nation have) and then think of how Republicans labeled them as this or that.

I havent seen Carson called a Uncle Tom. The first time that a thread like this was opened, a republican posted that he guessed say him as an Uncle Tom and that is we didnt embrace him. He then began to post on each subsequent thread basically using his own post as proof that black people where calling Carson an Uncle Tom. Other posters began doing the same thing. Not sure if that is what is going on here, but it is happening on this site. its tiring.

Last edited by dsjj251; 03-27-2013 at 11:58 AM..

Old 03-27-2013, 11:58 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,347,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Haters gonna hate.
People gonna talk about the facts.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:39 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Meh time for a woman, Asian or Latino in office. Lets just keep the side show going and get it out of our system.

Obviously he has the IQ.

Can he raise money?

What skeletons are in the closet and how will he handle those along with the rigors of campaigning.

Only time will tell.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:55 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,558 times
Carson spends too much time on ultra right wing talk shows, has said blacks dont think for themselves, doesn't believe in evolution and has admitted to trying to goad Obama into attacking him during his National Prayer Breakfast meeting.

No he can not do well in politics.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:05 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Carson is nothing more than the GOP's latest Uncle Tom that speaks only in talk radio soundbites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
How many of the Republicans on this site would vote Democratic ?

even the centerist on political sites are people that are hard core into politics on one level or another and are part of one political party/movement and arent switching.

So its a little over the top to point out someone is stirring the pot when everyone else has a spoon too.

Carson himself has not show the public anything, He would be like Herman Cain. Someone from the Private sector with no political experience. He would get a bump just for being there, but it would fade quickly.

as for race... look. The Republican party has an imaging problem. Every time you get a prominent African America, either the candidate screws up and claims liberal african Americans are stupid/dumb/slaves/lazy ( Allen West, Herman Cain) or the actual constituents do ( Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, many posters on this site). You guys have made it sound as if Liberal African Americans are the worst of the worst and that they do not live good lives.

Republicans are never going to get the black vote because someone who may have been liberal 5 years ago who has become conservative now is going to look back and think about the person they are and see that they havent changed as a person(only that their views of fixing this nation have) and then think of how Republicans labeled them as this or that.

I havent seen Carson called a Uncle Tom. The first time that a thread like this was opened, a republican posted that he guessed say him as an Uncle Tom and that is we didnt embrace him. He then began to post on each subsequent thread basically using his own post as proof that black people where calling Carson an Uncle Tom. Other posters began doing the same thing. Not sure if that is what is going on here, but it is happening on this site. its tiring.
I quoted the post from this thread in red

Old 03-27-2013, 01:27 PM

568 posts, read 962,358 times
Quote:
No one is covering Carson outside of 2 shows on FOX and forums like these. I have yet to see him mentioned on CNN or MSNBC. John Stewart finally mentioned him when talking about CPAC where he said " no one is going hungry in this country"

It isnt that hard to miss the guy if you dont frequent right wing media.
Thank you since I dont watch Faux News...I see I really didnt miss anything.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:09 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
Quote:
I am not obsessed with race . Those calling dr Carson an Uncle Tom are
You are the only one I have seen calling him one...

Nice try...

edit: one person did call him that... not sure how that makes it plural or all blacks. We have no clue if the person who said it is serious or black.

Old 03-27-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
[/color]

I quoted the post from this thread in red
What the guy below says pretty much sums it up,one person on this thread called him an uncle tom. You made it seem like it was an epidemic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
You are the only one I have seen calling him one...

Nice try...

edit: one person did call him that... not sure how that makes it plural or all blacks. We have no clue if the person who said it is serious or black.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:48 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Carson is nothing more than the GOP's latest Uncle Tom that speaks only in talk radio soundbites.
Quote:
What the guy below says pretty much sums it up,one person on this thread called him an uncle tom. You made it seem like it was an epidemic.
You accuse me of calling him an Uncle Tom when clearly I did not Typical left wing nut jobs attack me for quoting a liberal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections