Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 02:06 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Revival View Post
Im pretty sure he'd have strong support from the African-American population and possible Hispanic, gays, not so much and I dont think women either.
Blacks won't support him. He would get 2 or 3% more but that's about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 02:37 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
The best part is that ANY Black person that makes Conservative comments suddenly has their hat thrown into the ring for next POTUS. Of the last 3, 1 was a small town mayor, and the other 2 weren't even politicians... lol
This. ^^

Actually, I'll take it one step further. Conservatives do this with anyone who says anything against Obama. Donald Trump starts his birther nonsense and shortly after we see calls for "Trump for President!" Joe Wilson yells out "You Lie!" at the president during his State of the Union address and shortly after we see calls for, "Joe Wilson for President!" Joe the Plumber asks the president a question about spreading around the wealth and shortly after we see calls for, "Joe the Plumber for President!"

I mean, sheesh, when do Republicans start to get embarrassed by this?

Last edited by HeyJude514; 04-04-2013 at 03:19 PM..

Old 04-04-2013, 04:50 PM

1,935 posts, read 1,825,998 times
The head surgeon needs to go sit in a corner. I bet his teachers from Detroit public schools if still alive are wondering what happened to little ben.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
The head surgeon needs to go sit in a corner. I bet his teachers from Detroit public schools if still alive are wondering what happened to little ben.
what the heck is that rant all about? do I sense jealouscy, or did you just want to spout off about him? What difference does it make whether he is from Det Public Schools or a upper middle class child from The burbs? And I am guessing those teachers you are talking about very much know where little Ben is and are pound of his accomplishments.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:09 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Have you checked his views on social issues, like amnesty for starters? There are 2 kinds of conservatives my friend: one is fiscally and that he is, the other is socially and that he is not in anyway, means or form. heck he just signed Jessica's law into law, one of the last states to do so.
I agree he isn't a conservative but there is no such thing as two types of conservatives.
Conservative means smaller government, that's it.
Anyone can call themselves a vegan, but when you eat meat half the time, that's not being vegan.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:13 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,875,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
[/color]

I quoted the post from this thread in red
lmao Isn't that absurd? Maybe the poster lives under a rock.

Dr. Ben Carson fights back against 'Uncle Tom' attack - Washington Times

Dr. Benjamin Carson fought back against his critics on Fox News’ “America Live†Tuesday, saying that he’s no “Uncle Tom.â€

Old 04-05-2013, 07:01 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,779,358 times
Obama got something like 95% of the black vote. Is there any surprise that conservatives are looking for a qualified, logical black candidiate that has an opportunity to grab such a high percentage of the black vote simply because of the color of his skin?

Old 04-05-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I agree he isn't a conservative but there is no such thing as two types of conservatives.
Conservative means smaller government, that's it.
Anyone can call themselves a vegan, but when you eat meat half the time, that's not being vegan.
you have a good point, I just think most of us have started generalizing, thinking conservatism a little differently than the tech term might be..There are several ways to look at the word "conservative" not just in the fiscal uae fo the word.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Obama got something like 95% of the black vote. Is there any surprise that conservatives are looking for a qualified, logical black candidiate that has an opportunity to grab such a high percentage of the black vote simply because of the color of his skin?
of for heaven's sake, that has little to do with anything. Of course Republicans love to see a black emerge from nowhere, but they are not going to support a person solely on the color of their skin. That is something the libs might do. Blacks normally vote Democrat, we all know. Maybe not 93% like this past election, but they do not vote Republican so to think they will sworm to the voting booth to support a Republican black or white isn't very realistic.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:40 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Revival View Post
Im pretty sure he'd have strong support from the African-American population and possible Hispanic, gays, not so much and I dont think women either.
Nope. He would not have strong support among blacks. Once the plantation thing comes out, consider it a wrap. 2, maybe 3% at best.

In fact, it's high time for him to be quiet IF he has political aspirations beyond appearing on talk shows. He's chirping his way out of electability. The more talking, the bigger the chance that he's gonna say something that he can't walk back.

He's already screwed up with the plantation and anti gay comments. He needs to pick his spots better. He doesn't have to go everywhere that he's asked to speak. He's getting overexposed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections