Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2016, 12:36 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
In CO, delegates were elected to the NRC and all the elected delegates were pledged to Cruz. That indeed qualifies as winning (and by winning, I mean a shellacking) by Cruz.

That did not answer my question... what were the 11 elections he talks about? And I assume you mean the 65,000 votes in CO were the NRC and delegates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 12:55 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Exactly what did he mean? He won the last 11 "elections" in a row? Who exactly voted in CO?

"65K Coloradans voted--they just voted against Trump. That's 11 elections in a row we've won. #WhiningIsntWinninghttps://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/719326834538778625â€Â¦

Ted"
On March 1st, the Colorado Republican party held Precinct Caucuses in 2,917 precincts for the purpose of electing delegates to the District Conventions. These precinct caucuses were open to the public and over 60,000 people participated.

Then from April 2 - 8, the delegates to the State Convention were selected by these delegates at the District Conventions. The actual delegates to the National Convention are elected at the District Conventions (7 Congressional Districts, 3 delegates each) and the State Convention (13 at large delegates elected plus the 3 state Republican Party leaders. The State Convention was held April 9. There are 34 total delegates to the National Convention.

Candidates need to be involved in this process from the start. Those not involved really at all are virtually certain to lose. Just FYI, Colorado has used this basic process for many years now. Here is a link with more information.

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/CO-R

Old 04-12-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
On March 1st, the Colorado Republican party held Precinct Caucuses in 2,917 precincts for the purpose of electing delegates to the District Conventions. These precinct caucuses were open to the public and over 60,000 people participated.

Then from April 2 - 8, the delegates to the State Convention were selected by these delegates at the District Conventions. The actual delegates to the National Convention are elected at the District Conventions (7 Congressional Districts, 3 delegates each) and the State Convention (13 at large delegates elected plus the 3 state Republican Party leaders. The State Convention was held April 9. There are 34 total delegates to the National Convention.

Candidates need to be involved in this process from the start. Those not involved really at all are virtually certain to lose. Just FYI, Colorado has used this basic process for many years now. Here is a link with more information.

Colorado Republican Delegation 2016
Got it. What were the last 11 "elections" he won? Last I heard CO was is considered one, WIS and UTAH? that would be 3, am I not correct?

Old 04-12-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Got it. What were the last 11 "elections" he won? Last I heard CO was is considered one, WIS and UTAH? that would be 3, am I not correct?
He said 11 elections, not 11 states. So as I previously noted above, there were elections held in each of the 7 Congressional District Conventions in Colorado and then also another at the State Convention. So that is 8 elections. Plus 3 more in Wisconsin, Utah and North Dakota makes 11.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:24 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How can you win something, when there apparently was no contest?

They don't call him Lyin' Ted Cruz for nothing. He earned those stripes.
Delegates were voted on for the NRC. Thus an election took place, the fact that Sleazy Don was incapable of following the rules and providing delegates to be voted upon does not negate the FACTS that delegates to the NRC were elected.

Sleazy Don is Lyin' to you. #WhiningIsntWinning

Old 04-12-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
He said 11 elections, not 11 states. So as I previously noted above, there were elections held in each of the 7 Congressional District Conventions in Colorado and then also another at the State Convention. So that is 8 elections. Plus 3 more in Wisconsin, Utah and North Dakota makes 11.
Sorry but that is pathetic and misleading. He is a lawyer after all so par for the course (my husband is an attorney so I can say that lol) I am just glad he probably will not break 15% in my state. Makes me proud to call this state home.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:30 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
I'm willing to give him the 65K since that is how many people attended the GOP caucus in CO, and they elected the delegate who subsequently agreed to support him. It's a stretch but has some basis in reality.

But that 11 out of 11 is too cute by half.

And since lisanicole said it was because he was an attorney, I'll add nope. I'm an attorney and that kind of garbage would never hold under any cross examination.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Editorial in today's Denver Post:
Donald Trump's whining about Colorado delegates misses the point - The Denver Post

Colorado isn't too worked up about this, my CD friends!

Old 04-12-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Sorry but that is pathetic and misleading. He is a lawyer after all so par for the course (my husband is an attorney so I can say that lol) I am just glad he probably will not break 15% in my state. Makes me proud to call this state home.
Not nearly as pathetic as watching Donald Trump behave like a spoiled child crying "Not fair! Not fair!" while claiming the system was rigged against him, when he didn't even have a team out here to campaign, not to mention that he himself never showed up.

You may not like it, but at least Ted Cruz told the truth here. Donald Trump certainly didn't.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I'm willing to give him the 65K since that is how many people attended the GOP caucus in CO, and they elected the delegate who subsequently agreed to support him. It's a stretch but has some basis in reality.

But that 11 out of 11 is too cute by half.

And since lisanicole said it was because he was an attorney, I'll add nope. I'm an attorney and that kind of garbage would never hold under any cross examination.

I agree with you Emm74, it was a lawyer joke! I have nothing against lawyers as a whole, I am married to one (and I think he is great). However, there are sneaky bad lawyers and I believe Ted Cruz fits that mold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections