Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2016, 01:38 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Delegates were voted on for the NRC. Thus an election took place, the fact that Sleazy Don was incapable of following the rules and providing delegates to be voted upon does not negate the FACTS that delegates to the NRC were elected.

Sleazy Don is Lyin' to you. #WhiningIsntWinning
To bad you don't support democracy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
I agree with you Emm74, it was a lawyer joke! I have nothing against lawyers as a whole, I am married to one (and I think he is great). However, there are sneaky bad lawyers and I believe Ted Cruz fits that mold.

3,841 posts, read 1,979,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Not nearly as pathetic as watching Donald Trump behave like a spoiled child crying "Not fair! Not fair!" while claiming the system was rigged against him, when he didn't even have a team out here to campaign, not to mention that he himself never showed up.

You may not like it, but at least Ted Cruz told the truth here. Donald Trump certainly didn't.
You may think he told the truth, I do not. In a round a bout, needs some explanation really not the truth truth, I guess. I do not know you or how you think but maybe just maybe your opinion is a bit biased.. as many of ours are in politics.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:41 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
To bad you don't support democracy
Nope, I support the Representative Republic created under the US Constitution. Too bad you don't understand that or don't support the form of government in the US.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:41 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
And since lisanicole said it was because he was an attorney, I'll add nope. I'm an attorney and that kind of garbage would never hold under any cross examination.
The elections in question were seven elections at Congressional District Conventions, which were held in different locations across a period of days and then another election at the State Convention on Sunday.

You must be a spectacularly awful attorney if you really believe that these would not be recognized as separate elections in a court of law. Small elections, yes. But elections they all certainly were.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:47 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
You may think he told the truth, I do not. In a round a bout, needs some explanation really not the truth truth, I guess. I do not know you or how you think but maybe just maybe your opinion is a bit biased.. as many of ours are in politics.
Just because you are incapable or refuse to understand does not make the explanation a "lie".

Old 04-12-2016, 01:51 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The elections in question were seven elections at Congressional District Conventions, which were held in different locations across a period of days and then another election at the State Convention on Sunday.

You must be a spectacularly awful attorney if you really believe that these would not be recognized as separate elections in a court of law. Small elections, yes. But elections they all certainly were.
And you must not be an attorney at all if you don't realize how easy it would be to discredit the comment as deceptive and misleading in the context of candidates, not to mention media sources, allocating primary victories consistently and solely by referencing individual states and territories, not different congressional districts and a multi-phase state process.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:54 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Nope, I support the Representative Republic created under the US Constitution. Too bad you don't understand that or don't support the form of government in the US.
that is why nothing changes. The two parties created a system were who ever they want wins and then the people are given two canned options that are the same in the end (owned by the same people). If you run third party you'll never win because the media will never cover you because they are part of the system

Old 04-12-2016, 01:55 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
If he, of all people, thought there was something wrong with it, he was in a position to do something about it but chose not to. Don't tell me he didn't know, he is part of the party elite in that state. Where was his outcry back when this got proposed and then again when it got passed? That's right, not a peep. What a load of crap.

You are right, if anyone would have been in a position to object to the process, it would have been him. Just conjecturing, maybe he did object and he got booted out? Now, he has a chance to get revenge if that's the case.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:57 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How can you win something, when there apparently was no contest?

They don't call him Lyin' Ted Cruz for nothing. He earned those stripes.
Every single day, Lyin' Ted proves Trump right, again.

There was a time I was 50/50 Cruz/Trump. Now I'm 100 Trump. Cruz makes me sick with his antics. He is showing his stripes, indeed, he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections