Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2016, 09:35 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,475,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
IF he was such a great deal maker he wouldn't have jumped into making a deal with the party whose rules he claims are screwing him.
Well, he's also a great whiner. Probably the best ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 09:36 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Yep. Cruz is no more a part of the GOP establishment than is Trump.
I'm not a Republican and I disagree with that! Cruz was elected senator as a Republican. Trump just decided to become a Republican to run for president.

It's funny for all the weeping and gnashing of teeth here on this forum about the poor mistreated Coloradans, I've not heard that here in CO, nor have I seen it in the papers I read. Someone quoted the Post, I forget about what, but I've not seen anything about this in the Boulder Daily Camera, nor seen anything on the news about any big groundswell of complaint from Republicans.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:38 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's not a valid point. It's a logical fallacy. One can say the same thing about anything. Such as...

If Ted Cruz can't handle a story about his infidelity in the National Enquirer, how is he going to handle Putin?

Such comparisons are for the weak minded looking for justification for their choices. Of course they don't reflect reality.
Cruz didn't have a meltdown he did handle it well. That is the difference.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:39 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Trump is not up to the challenge of being president.

Do we really want someone as president who is likely to break down into a tantrum in front of the Chinese President and their delegation while screaming "not fair! not fair!" again and again?

Donald Trump is a full-on joke. He really is.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:41 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Trump is not up to the challenge of being president.

Do we really want someone as president who is likely to break down into a tantrum in front of the Chinese President and their delegation while screaming "not fair! not fair!" again and again?

Donald Trump is a full-on joke. He really is.
Not to mention the midnight tweeting.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:04 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,649,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Excuse me? It would appear this issue plagues both parties and at the moment it looks to be far larger problem for the Democrats.
Coal, the Democrats strike you as a billionaire club? Hmmm... no, not really. They aren't the advocate the American working needs and deserves but they're worlds better than the Grand Old Plutocracy. As far as your comment that the current desire to thwart the will of the voters is stronger in the Democratic Party than in the Republican one ... huh? The majority of those who have voted in the Democratic Party have voted for Hillary.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:08 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Why not? They said they would treat him fairly. It's called "good faith". He could not have known a the time they would start playing such tricks.
He could have known the rules.

Quote:
There are several billionaires funding the effort to deny Trump candidates. This should be concerning to anyone who claims they want elections to be fair and free of big money. But then again, there is that silly partisan double standard at play here.
You continue to make excuses for Trump's stupidity. What he's done is akin to applying to join an exclusive club, being called in for an interview and telling those having control over his potential membership that he's not anything like them and isn't a member of their established order.

GEE! Couldn't see rejection coming from that scenario. right?

Old 04-12-2016, 10:14 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
I'm still flabbergasted by Americans who defend the status quo politician and political process that put them there.
Yet you continually express your adoration of a man who's attempting to become a full-fledged worker in that process. WHY is that?

Old 04-12-2016, 10:19 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Kind of ironic that a woman who strictly obeys the rigid and bizarre rules of the Scientology cult without question would complain about rules of the GOP.

Also can see why she has an affinity with Trump. They are both reality show stars.

Old 04-12-2016, 10:20 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
For me, this will be my 4th time voting in the general election...tbh I never paid attention to the primary/caucus process, and just blindly voted. Now 16 years later I'm finally seeing how rigged this system is...with the Super Delegates on the Democratic side, and the brokered convention talk and Colorado stuff Cruz pulled off on the Republican side. The party heads really pic the nomination, not the people. This is enlightening for me and the Trump/Sanders supporters and a revamp of the nomination process. Too much power is given to the "Washington Cartel" "The Establishment"
This should not have been news to anyone running for their party's nomination.

One would think the campaign plan begins at the destination, the convention, and works backwards from there.

That Trump is now shouting about the " dirty, rotten and disgusting system" is evidence that neither he or his hand picked campaign staff hired anyone with knowledge of or interest learning in the party rules.

Lincoln did not win the nomination until the third round, after his people arranged for (rewarded) 5000 to storm the convention and out shout the competition. The way the story goes it was impossible to tell who the delegates were versus the at large crowds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections