Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2016, 01:58 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Not nearly as pathetic as watching Donald Trump behave like a spoiled child crying "Not fair! Not fair!" while claiming the system was rigged against him, when he didn't even have a team out here to campaign, not to mention that he himself never showed up.

You may not like it, but at least Ted Cruz told the truth here. Donald Trump certainly didn't.
Bullhockey! A candidate doesn't need to make personal appearances to be on the ballot. Have you never heard of TV? YouTube? All his speeches and debates were available to everyone on Planet Earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 02:00 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Then why didn't YOU make sure your father had the necessary ID to ensure that he could vote? If I were him, I would be upset to, knowing that illegals get away with voting and are not even citizens!!

As for college kids, if they do not have a DL, then they can still get a State ID card that makes them eligible to vote in the state in which they live. If a college student is too stupid to figure that out, then it is better for the country that they CAN'T vote!
You know what?

It's ridiculous any way you put it.

A military ID SHOULD SUFFICE. A college ID SHOULD SUFFICE. And anything else us just BS.

Old 04-12-2016, 02:02 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
You mean the new rules that were put in place in August 2015 after the candidates had declared their candidacy? Have you heard this was in place over a year ago? Do the math?

August 2015 was a lifetime ago in political terms... trump & his 'team' had plenty of time to figure out the requirements for each state well in advance of each primary or delegate selection process. Cruz, and likely Kasich, even tho we don't hear about him a lot, did bother to learn and put together a ground team to work within the rules. Trump didn't bother, his team didn't bother, and now they, and all the disgruntled trump followers are crying about it. buck up, trump followers, there is always New York!

edited to add: oh, I just noticed in your post, this... "after the candidates had declared their candidacy". What, trump wouldn't have run if he had known Colorado would change their rules after he declared? I wouldn't be surprised if rules change a lot during each political season, maybe even in the 'off' years when no prez election is going on... and it behooves someone who actually understands the concept to make sure they have a ground team in place and they are prepared for changes.

Let me make this perfectly clear - I am no defending the retarded way Colorado selected its delegates. I am, however, disparaging trump for his infantile, and futile, ranting about the rules. If he can't take the heat, get outa the kitchen.

Last edited by kat in aiken; 04-12-2016 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: What? trump wouldn't have run if he knew the rules?

Old 04-12-2016, 02:02 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
In CO, delegates were elected to the NRC and all the elected delegates were pledged to Cruz. That indeed qualifies as winning (and by winning, I mean a shellacking) by Cruz.
None of the Colorado delegates are "pledged". Some indicated a preference and lean towards Cruz but they are not "pledged" and are free agents, even on the first ballot, at the National Convention.

Old 04-12-2016, 02:09 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Didn't Arizona and Utah vote on the same day?

Old 04-12-2016, 02:09 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Bullhockey! A candidate doesn't need to make personal appearances to be on the ballot. Have you never heard of TV? YouTube? All his speeches and debates were available to everyone on Planet Earth.

Sen. Cory Gardner trolls @realDonaldTrump over Colorado delegate allocation – twitchy.com

A candidate DOES need to make a personal appearance if he wants to sway delegates at a caucus. And he actually needs to supply a list of delegates to the party LIKE THE RULES REQUIRE!

Old 04-12-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
"But, he noted, when Trump won 47 percent of the votes in Florida and received 100 percent of the state’s delegates, “I didn’t hear anybody [in his campaign] complaining about unfairness.
Ohhhh... where are the people from Florida when you need them! How come nobody has complained about the "winner take all" unfair party tactics going on there! It impacts all the voters! It is the elite taking away the people's votes!

Where are the tweets and trumper tantrums saying he shouldn't have gotten all the delegates and giving the other guys their fair share? What? He thought it was totally fair? ohhhh. ok, I'll shut up about it now. I understand. Fair to trump is all that matters.

Old 04-12-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Should have done so from the start, doing so now will only give the appearance of a spoiled little boy taking his ball and going to play somewhere else.
Y'know... at this point it would be a relief if he did go third party. He could create his own third party... call it 'the party of one'. He won't because

1. he gets far more attention by doing his little 'oh, poor me, unfair, unfair' act against the republican party, and

2. he wouldn't have the backing of a major party and would have to either call on ;his 'rich' friends (maybe those muslim rich friends that he will let in without vetting would contribute?) who may not be willing to financially back an independent run, or pay for all the machinery of an election himself. We've seen from his 'charitable donations' list that he is loath to take money from his own pocket for anything, so that seems unlikely.

Old 04-12-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's not a valid point. It's a logical fallacy. One can say the same thing about anything. Such as...

If Ted Cruz can't handle a story about his infidelity in the National Enquirer, how is he going to handle Putin?
Yet, that turned out to be a tempest in a teapot. Heard anything more about it lately? So, him categorically denying it appears to have worked, and it has fallen by the way. I guess there just wasn't any substance to the trumped up story. (oh, duh.. 'trumped up'... talk about irony)

Old 04-12-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
I'm uneducated, so I apologize for not understanding what you mean?
think 'pork belly futures' and you might see the joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections