Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2016, 09:08 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
For me it's not about him. It's about bringing down the party insiders. They seem perfectly content to destroy themselves. There are now a large group of GOP voters that will not be voting GOP come November.

There is a large number of (D)'s that will not vote for Hillary also.

Makes me happy in the end even if the insiders see this as winning a battle. They are losing the war.
Because this is a problem on both sides, they will only get the message if people vote 3rd party. Voting for the other party won't work, they'll just blame it on the candidate. It's kind of like the theory behind leaving a penny tip.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:10 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,528,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Cruz is not only a snake but he doesn't know when he is being used......the same thing the establishment is doing to Trump they will do to Cruz at the convention after the 2nd ballot.
Yep. Cruz is no more a part of the GOP establishment than is Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 09:10 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,149,450 times
He has a very valid point. Does he think other countries are going to follow his rules for playing fair?

Old 04-12-2016, 09:11 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,611,213 times
I'm still flabbergasted by Americans who defend the status quo politician and political process that put them there.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:14 AM

It's not a valid point. It's a logical fallacy. One can say the same thing about anything. Such as...

If Ted Cruz can't handle a story about his infidelity in the National Enquirer, how is he going to handle Putin?

Such comparisons are for the weak minded looking for justification for their choices. Of course they don't reflect reality.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:14 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,472,726 times
He'll make a deal. He's a great deal maker; probably the greatest. Ever.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:25 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
He'll make a deal. He's a great deal maker; probably the greatest. Ever.
IF he was such a great deal maker he wouldn't have jumped into making a deal with the party whose rules he claims are screwing him.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:32 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,984,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
that's weird, I wasn't trying to quote you. Same thing happened on another thread in a different subforum, must be a CD hiccup.

But in any case, please ignore that I quoted you, I don't even remember which post I was trying to specifically respond to so I deleted the quote. The general principle remains as a response to many of the posts on this thread. The method selected by the state party is unusual but they had their reasons and it was approved by the national party. And no ever gets to "vote" in a Colorado caucus anyway.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:33 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,007,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's not a valid point. It's a logical fallacy. One can say the same thing about anything. Such as...

If Ted Cruz can't handle a story about his infidelity in the National Enquirer, how is he going to handle Putin?

Such comparisons are for the weak minded looking for justification for their choices. Of course they don't reflect reality.
So one thing is dirty politics or par for the course politics, the other are rules that have been in the books for a very long time, they didnt re-write them just for Trump although they are going to do that at the convention, save your outrage for then, as for Colorado thats on Trump or the very smart people he put in place. He has ran an outstanding campaign in a lot of respects even if he doesnt win, i think this will be studied for decades to come, but his downfall was that he clearly overplayed his hand, he had the populist working class section of the party on Illegal immigration and on free trade reform, he didnt need to talk about who is paying for what wall, who he would nuke or not nuke, anyone's wife all that was unnecessary didnt get him anymore votes and just scared the establishment, he needed to stay with illegal immigration and free trade reform keep it vague and line up with the establishment on the rest of the issues.

Old 04-12-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
IF he was such a great deal maker he wouldn't have jumped into making a deal with the party whose rules he claims are screwing him.
Why not? They said they would treat him fairly. It's called "good faith". He could not have known a the time they would start playing such tricks.

There are several billionaires funding the effort to deny Trump candidates. This should be concerning to anyone who claims they want elections to be fair and free of big money. But then again, there is that silly partisan double standard at play here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections