Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2016, 10:57 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
He has a valid point.
So Trumpie is all over the webz whining about losing the Colorado delegates, but, as Krauthammer also rightly points out, everyone had the rules for quite a while.

Orange man continues to show why he is emotionally and intellectually unqualified for the presidency.

"But, he noted, when Trump won 47 percent of the votes in Florida and received 100 percent of the state’s delegates, “I didn’t hear anybody [in his campaign] complaining about unfairness. The fact is, we have a complicated legacy system — a century ago, party bosses chose the delegates, and since 1968, each state has done it a different way.”"

“If you can’t handle the Colorado delegate process, how are you going to handle the Chinese?” Charles Krauthammer unloads on Trump - Salon.com
I posted this yesterday. Always thought Krauthammer was the most intelligent dudes.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 11:05 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,291,129 times
He will only hire the best people when he doesn't have to spend his own money. When he's spending OUR money, it's nothing but the best for him.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:09 AM

8,484 posts, read 6,891,592 times
The scenario of Trump winning the presidency and then dealing with a female head of state would be interesting to say the least.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:25 AM

4,861 posts, read 6,927,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
Face it Krauthammer doesn't like Trump. Notice how he bashes Trump hard but not other candidates.

That Krauthammer doesn't like Trump is an acknowledged fact. It's irrelevant though in that what Krauthammer stated is a reason for concern as to how a Trump presidency might appear. If it were Cruz instead of Trump that showed an inability to follow rules that were established much earlier, I believe Krauthammer would have made the same analogy.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:33 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
He's a great deal maker; probably the greatest. Ever.
exactly what deal did he make that makes him so great?

i'd rank bill gates' deal with IBM where he retained the right to sell software to a third party as one of history's greatest. or maybe steve jobs' deal with xerox which opened the door to the graphic interface that made personal computers acceptable to the masses. the original sale of manhattan from the native tribe was definitely a historic deal.

so what deal did trump put together that puts him in that league?

Old 04-12-2016, 11:39 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Are you kidding me? Sanders won in Wyoming 56% to 44% and walked away with 7 delegates to Clinton's 11..... LOL
that would be a problem, except it didn't actually happen. They were each awarded 7 delegates from the Wyoming caucus. The caucus does not determine how the elected officials in that state, who are made automatic delegates so as to not take a delegate slot from a grassroots activity or ordinary citizen, have to vote.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:44 AM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'm predicting sour grapes futures will continue to be a BUY!
I'm uneducated, so I apologize for not understanding what you mean?

Old 04-12-2016, 11:44 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
exactly what deal did he make that makes him so great?

i'd rank bill gates' deal with IBM where he retained the right to sell software to a third party as one of history's greatest. or maybe steve jobs' deal with xerox which opened the door to the graphic interface that made personal computers acceptable to the masses. the original sale of manhattan from the native tribe was definitely a historic deal.

so what deal did trump put together that puts him in that league?
Whoosh

Old 04-12-2016, 11:48 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Why does it come as such a surprise to rank and file Republicans that their party has contempt for democracy? What do you think voter ID laws are about. The Grand Old Plutocracy is an elite, billionaire club. For decades they've convinced bubba and bobo to vote them tax cuts, generous government subsidies and zero penalties for sending American jobs overseas by stoking their feat and hatred of "guvmint" and by saying "Jesus" now and then. You don't think that means they like you though, do you? Your role is to sit down, shut up and go along with the program.
Um. Maybe it is because we live in a representative republic for starters. You mean requiring a citizen to provide proof that they are entitled to vote? Voter ID is about ensuring FAIR elections and eliminating fraud so that ALL CITIZEN'S votes count! What other reason could there be?

Sounds like another from someone who has no idea how the party system works.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:53 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
For me, this will be my 4th time voting in the general election...tbh I never paid attention to the primary/caucus process, and just blindly voted. Now 16 years later I'm finally seeing how rigged this system is...with the Super Delegates on the Democratic side, and the brokered convention talk and Colorado stuff Cruz pulled off on the Republican side. The party heads really pic the nomination, not the people. This is enlightening for me and the Trump/Sanders supporters and a revamp of the nomination process. Too much power is given to the "Washington Cartel" "The Establishment"

Translation - I am uneducated about the voting process and never cared about it until today because someone told me that the system I know nothing about is "rigged" and my candidate is upset, so now I am mad.

Maybe you SHOULD do more than vote every four years. Maybe you should do the work it takes to find out about the party system in your state (every state is different) and get involved and learn the process and be part of the solution instead of just looking down from your high horse and accusing all the grass roots volunteers who give their time and effort to the party to make a difference???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections