Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2016, 09:34 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times

Advertisements

Btw, latest Iowa poll coming out has Trump up 8. It's embargoed until later though so we don't know the numbers.

Old 09-15-2016, 09:36 AM

Lets not unskew the polls shall we? Current crop of polls, besides VA, have been crud for Clinton. Doesn't mean they will continue in a week or two but it does mean now that the race has tightened up. Makes the debates even more important this year.

Old 09-15-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I agree....Florida is a must win for Trump and a game clincher for Hillary. Hillary could lose Florida and still win but less than likely.
The thing is if the polls tighten nationally then they also will tighten state wide. Which means states like VA,NH,PA, and CO will tighten as well. They aren't strongholds for Democrats. VA and CO are TRENDING that way but they still could flip back to the GOP. NH swings a lot as well.

Old 09-15-2016, 09:44 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
I told you people weeks ago that Clinton didn't have it wrapped up yet.
Pollsters are switching to likely voters now. The CBS was their first. The thing of concern in these new models is not so much the topline, but the lack of enthusiasm on the part of Hillary voters to even show up at the polls. I suppose some of that is "well, she is sick, so why bother". That could change. We all expected enthusiasm for Clinton to be a big issue. That includes her campaign, so we will see what, if anything, they do to drum up support. She's been advertising here in AZ - that same old kid ad and it is getting old to say the least. I'd like to see her go positive about herself like at the convention. Lord knows, everyone who is going to be convinced that Trump is a nutjob is convinced by now. The good news is she is back on the trail, has a ton of money and a superb ground game.

Oh, I remain confident that she will win and it will be by a pretty solid margin in the EC. Maybe I have too much faith in my fellow Americans.

Old 09-15-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Pollsters are switching to likely voters now. The CBS was their first. The thing of concern in these new models is not so much the topline, but the lack of enthusiasm on the part of Hillary voters to even show up at the polls. I suppose some of that is "well, she is sick, so why bother". That could change. We all expected enthusiasm for Clinton to be a big issue. That includes her campaign, so we will see what, if anything, they do to drum up support. She's been advertising here in AZ - that same old kid ad and it is getting old to say the least. I'd like to see her go positive about herself like at the convention. Lord knows, everyone who is going to be convinced that Trump is a nutjob is convinced by now.
For the big 5 maybe. The rest of the polls have been screening LV for some time. Clinton was gaining in them, or doing no worse, which was something that defied the normal political odds. All these polls were taken after the health scare as well. Will they snap back in a week or two though? Or will Trump commit a major blunder? Hard to say.

Old 09-15-2016, 09:54 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Now that it's almost down to the wire Trump has remained focused, Presidential and disciplined for the very large part. He seems to know what he's doing and playing the game well. This is not the Trump from 2 months ago. We'll see if he can keep it up.

Old 09-15-2016, 10:25 AM

Suffolk has Trump up 3 in Ohio. However a UNV poll has Clinton up 5 in Va.

Old 09-15-2016, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Now that it's almost down to the wire Trump has remained focused, Presidential and disciplined for the very large part. He seems to know what he's doing and playing the game well. This is not the Trump from 2 months ago. We'll see if he can keep it up.

Indeed. He also needs to have a great debate to reinforce this. If he falters there it might undo a lot of this. Worst thing for him would be to obey his instincts and try to debate like he did during the primaries.

Old 09-15-2016, 10:28 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Suffolk has Trump up 3 in Ohio. However a UNV poll has Clinton up 5 in Va.
She a'comin' back! LOL.

Old 09-15-2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
She a'comin' back! LOL.

I mean Ohio is likely a dead heat. Two questions remain. Is this a temporary condition of her health scare? And how does her ground game advantage play out ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections