Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Mayor Pete have any shot at becoming the nominee?
Yes 84 47.19%
No 94 52.81%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 06:02 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,585,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No one who voted for Trump should be allowed to let the words 'identify politics' escape their lips.

Whatever experience he has as Mayor and serving in the Reserve is still ten times more than the current reality show POTUS had .
Oregon has had a lesbian/bi-sexual governor for several years now and she has done an exemplary job of handling the position. And for me to acknowledge that, she's had to be really outstanding. If anyone might say that a homosexual could never become our president, don't forget that an abomination like Trump has reached that office. Truly, a precedent has been set, that anyone can become president and anyone would be highly preferable to what we now have. Don't count anyone out, based on their personal identifications.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 06:16 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,920 times
It has been possible to openly serve in the military for several years now. Further I believe most former and active servicemen remember the days the military kicked out highly qualified and admirable people owing to their sexuality.

I would be curious to know if any former or active servicemen would take issue with his sexuality and tour of duty.. Or I'd they find it an additional reason to support him.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:35 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
He’s gonna get a nickname like butt buddy or butt plug
Probably true.

Old 01-23-2019, 10:46 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,013,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
What, you don't know who he is? He prefers it that way. Mr. Buttigieg is the humble mayor of South Bend, IN, a city of about 100,000 people, and hopes his young age (37), midwestern roots, and status as a veteran may help him appeal to broad swathes of the population.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/23/u...gtype=Homepage
I'd vote for him before Hillary...……..however he wants to get rid of the electoral college. I am against that

Old 01-24-2019, 12:56 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 19 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,533,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
So no chief executive experience beyond the town of South Bend, and his qualifications are: young, gay and served 7 months in the Naval Reserve.

Oh, and because he's young and gay, apparently, that gives him the Millennial vote, which is a sophomoric insult to all Millennial voters who apparently vote based on how many cliche boxes a person checks off.

Freaking identity politics at its finest.
Seem you are more interesting in attacking him for checking boxes by birth year and sexual orientation , than he is in actually making sure he checks the box.

Old 01-24-2019, 06:40 AM

6,260 posts, read 5,067,669 times
Quote:
So what? Does being white and male mean he's not a good candidate? Here's the thing. I'm a gay half Indian woman who has every reason to vote for Kamala Harris in terms of identity. But I don't vote based on identity politics. And people shouldn't. Maybe Harris is the best candidate, maybe not. But being a woman doesn't mean she should get the job. Should we have a woman president someday? Probably. But estrogen, sexuality, and/or ethnicity isn't a reason to vote for someone. A person should vote for someone based on their qualifications, character, and desire to help the country (if such a person exists).
Alright now you're just talkin' crazy talk. Get back in line, woman. Or are you some kind of gay hater, race baiter or gender traitor?

Don't believe me? Keep watching, reading and listening over the next couple of years. If you are a liberal you cannot, must NOT step out and think for yourself. You are part of the Borg. Resistance is futile.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:42 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,196,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Alright now you're just talkin' crazy talk. Get back in line, woman. Or are you some kind of gay hater, race baiter or gender traitor?

Don't believe me? Keep watching, reading and listening over the next couple of years. If you are a liberal you cannot, must NOT step out and think for yourself. You are part of the Borg. Resistance is futile.
I'm not going to say there are absolutely no Democrats who say stupid things. There are a handful, but as always, when GOPers pretend they get to say what Democrats as a whole believe, they are wrong, just like you are right now.

And at least we were smart enough to not elect the person from our party saying the stupidest things of all to be President.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:12 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 19 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,533,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post

Republicans use this caricature of Democrats more than anyone left of center actually does it.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:22 AM

20,327 posts, read 19,914,840 times
Quote:
So what? Does being white and male mean he's not a good candidate? Here's the thing. I'm a gay half Indian woman who has every reason to vote for Kamala Harris in terms of identity. But I don't vote based on identity politics. And people shouldn't. Maybe Harris is the best candidate, maybe not. But being a woman doesn't mean she should get the job. Should we have a woman president someday? Probably. But estrogen, sexuality, and/or ethnicity isn't a reason to vote for someone. A person should vote for someone based on their qualifications, character, and desire to help the country (if such a person exists).
Tell that to the DNC. They seem to have a few superficial boxes that must be checked to get in the game today.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:41 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,798,920 times
The GOP conformance party is made up of box checkers. They even a purity test.

NRA supporter?
Gun owner?
Pro-Lifer?
Anti gay marriage?
Christian?

The more forcefully the pen can stroke these boxes the more likely the person will be the GOP candidate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections