Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Mayor Pete have any shot at becoming the nominee?
Yes 84 47.19%
No 94 52.81%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 08:05 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hey, You are the only one here saying he can't win because he's Gay. We know where the real homophobia exists, and it isn't just present in a region of 120,000,000 people. Remember the last two Democrat nominees for President are both on record for opposing Gay Marriage. The current President, a Republican IS fighting for Gay rights across the globe.

So don't justify your anti-Gay remarks on Buttigieg by blaming it on the South. If the Democrats shelve this man because he's Gay, then they prove who the real bigots are.
Hmm you mean the President who remove ALL mention of LGBTQ Americans from the White House website? The one who picked for VP the guy that believes in Gay conversions.

Please as a gay American I call this BS out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 11:35 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Hmm you mean the President who remove ALL mention of LGBTQ Americans from the White House website? The one who picked for VP the guy that believes in Gay conversions.

Please as a gay American I call this BS out.
It's you guys who don't want Pete Buttigieg to be nominated because he's Gay. Not Trump.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:37 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,931 times
Quote:
It's you guys who don't want Pete Buttigieg to be nominated because he's Gay. Not Trump.
LMAO, who is you guys?

Old 03-26-2019, 12:01 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Maybe you can't but I do. They are great indicators on who is going to move forward and who isn't.
It all really depends.

You have some candidates, who purposefully go to small bars that hold 40 people so that they can release some campaign video thats clean and shows personal interactions , others may go to factories or parks and speak to thousands, many of those people just being their to enjoy their day rather than listen to any candidate.

Sometimes the 40 people are more real than the 1000.

Old 03-26-2019, 12:34 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
He looks like he's not old enough to drive.

Old 03-26-2019, 12:36 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Im not sure why you thought that comment makes sense. Does Pete look young to others ????? Or just young in comparison to Trump and Bernie ?????

Old 03-26-2019, 12:38 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
We have to much boomer leadership I'd like some diversity.

Old 03-26-2019, 02:00 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I use to think it was Kamala, as the establishment democrats were pushing her.

But after seeing Pete, I realized he is the type that will sweep democratic voters off their feet.

Smart and honest. He believes in corporate propaganda, and will push right wing policies like every other president in the past 100 hundred years and the American people will jump in joy as society becomes a corporate lifeless thing, and capital is exploited from the rest of the world to meet their appetite.

Most average democrat voters are center right, so when they see some who has as much faith in the system as they do, they’ll be drawn in.

Also he can speak 8 languages so he is worldly enough to please internationalists who are embarrassed by how Europeans see Americans.

Finally the media has the fact that he is gay to try and make his candidacy another historic event without actually shaking the boat too much.
first of all isn't it awfully early to be predicting who is going to win the nomination? Look at all the candidates, just like the GOP in 2012 and each day the darling of the party changes. I would hope someone who is not so far left can win and I would hope his/her sexual orientation would have nothing to do with anything, but reality is: this will, most likely not be the case. lets wait for 2 things: 1-at least a few debates under their belts and 2-a few primaries under their belts as well.

Old 03-26-2019, 02:02 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
first of all isn't it awfully early to be predicting who is going to win the nomination? Look at all the candidates, just like the GOP in 2012 and each day the darling of the party changes. I would hope someone who is not so far left can win and I would hope his/her sexual orientation would have nothing to do with anything, but reality is: this will, most likely not be the case. lets wait for 2 things: 1-at least a few debates under their belts and 2-a few primaries under their belts as well.
Its easy to get caught up in the drama but your totally right its still early in the race. The debates will be very exciting.

Old 03-26-2019, 02:17 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times
never heard of the guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections