Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Mayor Pete have any shot at becoming the nominee?
Yes 84 47.19%
No 94 52.81%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 10:10 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,376,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
The US shares a planet with 194 other countries (last I checked), and thus it's perfectly reasonable to compare where its citizens stand on the political spectrum with people in other parts of the world.
Oh, my. Look at Britain. Brexit and the possible downfall Teresa May. I think the world may be "going to hell in a handbasket."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 10:14 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,709,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Oh, my. Look at Britain. Brexit and the possible downfall Teresa May. I think the world may be "going to hell in a handbasket."
That has nothing to do with where people stand on the political spectrum, nor does it have anything do with vetting Pete Buttigieg's profile as a candidate.

Please stay on topic.

Old 04-01-2019, 11:29 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
He's doing quite well with fundraising. There are a lot of people pushing for Pete because he is, by far, the least crazed of the Democrats running. I wouldn't even put him on that Democrat Clown Car.

The DNC would do well to promote him instead of trying to marginalize because he's Gay.

Long-shot White House contender Pete Buttigieg exceeds expectations with $7 million fundraising haul since January but onetime front-runner Elizabeth Warren's fundraising chief has QUIT amid cash crisis

(Oh and yeah, Pocahontas isn't doing so well)

Old 04-01-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He's doing quite well with fundraising.
Until he releases a detailed breakdown/makeup of his donations, and the other candidates release their 1st quarter totals, that remains to be determined.

Quote:
The DNC would do well to promote him instead of trying to marginalize because he's Gay.
I don't know of any Democrat who's marginalizing him because he's gay.

Old 04-01-2019, 11:51 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post

I don't know of any Democrat who's marginalizing him because he's gay.
Then read through this topic.

Old 04-01-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Then read through this topic.
I don't know anyone in this topic, nor do I know the party affiliation of anyone in this topic.

Old 04-01-2019, 01:32 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
The 2020 election is not a global event. It is to elect the President of the United States.
Surveys shows that there is between 50 and 75% support in America for a $15 minimum wage, Medicare-for-all, tuition free public colleges and trade schools, getting big money out of politics, a ban on private prisons, requiring employers to provide paid vacation, sick leave and paid overtime for the workers and improving SS and SSDI benefits. The real centrist position is the Bernie Sanders position. Not the corrupt position of begging the rich and the powerful for campaign money, which is nothing but bribe money and do their bidding at the expense of the ordinary workers once elected.

How many support massively increasing the military budget, tax breaks for the rich, cutting the public safety net and serving the ruling class on Wall Street at the expense of main street, which is labeled as "moderate" and "centrist"?

Old 04-01-2019, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Surveys shows that there is between 50 and 75% support in America for a $15 minimum wage, Medicare-for-all, tuition free public colleges and trade schools, getting big money out of politics, a ban on private prisons, requiring employers to provide paid vacation, sick leave and paid overtime for the workers and improving SS and SSDI benefits. The real centrist position is the Bernie Sanders position. Not the corrupt position of begging the rich and the powerful for campaign money, which is nothing but bribe money and do their bidding at the expense of the ordinary workers once elected.

How many support massively increasing the military budget, tax breaks for the rich, cutting the public safety net and serving the ruling class on Wall Street at the expense of main street, which is labeled as "moderate" and "centrist"?
Very well put.

Old 04-01-2019, 03:01 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,941,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post

Stands up and claps this guy gets it

Old 04-01-2019, 03:55 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Hmm no you didn't.
yes, I did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections