Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Mayor Pete have any shot at becoming the nominee?
Yes 84 47.19%
No 94 52.81%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 09:45 PM

6,631 posts, read 4,296,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
That too. I'm not religious but I think we need someone with good values that will resonate with the middle of the country. His Christian values align with my personal values so I see eye to eye with him. I want to believe the immorality, lack of ethics, and the anti-Christian/values of love that permeate the right wing on sites like this represent the minority of Americans. We can hope and we can nominate a candidate that will speak to everyone. This is where H Clinton failed. She ignored the swing states due to not believing someone like trump would be elected. But, here we are. Let's hope someone like Buttigieg pushes the depravity we currently endure out the door.
Unfortunately, even today, many will not see Buttigieg's lifestyle in line with Christian values.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 10:43 PM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,657,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Unfortunately, even today, many will not see Buttigieg's lifestyle in line with Christian values.
I agree with you on that. There is a segment of America that would consider that an automatic disqualifier, no matter how much they might like some of his ideas.

That being said, I would pay to see him debate Donald Trump on the issues. It would be kind of like watching watching Albert Einstein talk about Theory of Relativity with Homer Simpson

Old 03-24-2019, 11:10 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Trump will win if the Dems nominate Buttigeig. I think he's actually one of the worst of the bunch. I'd say only Warren or Sanders would be worse.
Worst in what way?

Worst as in qualities and potential quality as a President?

Or worst as it pertains to odds of beating Trump?

Old 03-25-2019, 07:02 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,736,857 times
I don't really know Buttigieg's platform yet, but based upon what I've seen from him when he makes appearances and speaks, he's my favorite candidate so far. I'll need more details on candidates' respective platforms before I throw in with any particular one though.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:03 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
I'm just looking into this candidate. I'm impressed so far. He speaks 8 languages, is well spoken, is Mid-western and a devout Christian. Someone mentioned his being openly gay. Maybe some prefer immorality and will vote for trump. There is not much we can do about that issue. Here's an interview of him on The View.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laSUhvHZMLI
I like him enough that I've donated to his campaign

Old 03-25-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
But still, Obama was a US Senator. It was actually Harry Reid who suggested to Obama the idea of running for president.
https://lasvegassun.com/news/2009/ap...ing-obama-run/

Pete is mayor of South Bend, Ind, population 102,245. Pete is only 37; I'd say run for US House first, then run for president after several terms.
Why? What public office did Trump hold before being elected?

Old 03-25-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So Pete was in Rock Hill today. Beta was there earlier in the week.
The crowd for Pete was far far larger than the one for "beh toe".
You can't pay too much attention to crowd size. At this stage of the campaign they don't usually happen organically, they are usually the result of campaign volunteers making a whole lot of phone calls.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:51 AM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Beto has all that built up hype from his senate race.

I went to his rally in the Woodlands early on. No one contacted me. I was stunned at the amount of people there on a very hot summer afternoon, no air conditioning. And they stayed.

If the election were held today, my household would be voting for Pete.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:30 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You can't pay too much attention to crowd size. At this stage of the campaign they don't usually happen organically, they are usually the result of campaign volunteers making a whole lot of phone calls.
Maybe you can't but I do. They are great indicators on who is going to move forward and who isn't.

Old 03-25-2019, 11:42 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,666,736 times
I am not beholden to any candidate or any party.

I like Pete. He is well spoken and articulate. He has a great TV personality. Young and handsome. He does not pander to the blacks like Kamala Harris or is a fake like Warren. Not a old coot like Sanders or Biden.

And most importantly he is willing to go on FOX and also meet conservatives to hear their viewpoints and put across his viewpoints and try to find some common ground. I really like that approach.

He has served in the military and hence no one can call him a draft dodger. I would like to hear more about his views on taxes and how he plans to spend it. If he can spend on education and healthcare and the manufacturing in this country and not on needless wars, he has my vote in 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections