Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Mayor Pete have any shot at becoming the nominee?
Yes 84 47.19%
No 94 52.81%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 10:56 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times

Advertisements

I really don't think America is ready for a gay President. I strongly worry about the repercussions if Pete was to even be the nominee let alone if he actually won. I think his time is probably going to be 2024 or 28.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2019, 01:22 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,766,627 times
He is am impressive guy. During the debates when everyone else was screaming he would calmly say something and it was so articulate everyone else would shut up and listen. He has good ideas, he is not emotional, he is very well thought out and he comports himself like a leader. My only concern is his age and experience. The fact that he is gay might be a hard sell to some voters but I think he comes across so well that it won't be an issue.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:36 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
He is am impressive guy. During the debates when everyone else was screaming he would calmly say something and it was so articulate everyone else would shut up and listen. He has good ideas, he is not emotional, he is very well thought out and he comports himself like a leader. My only concern is his age and experience. The fact that he is gay might be a hard sell to some voters but I think he comes across so well that it won't be an issue.
^This is how I see it, too.

Old 07-04-2019, 05:46 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
he can’t manage being a good mayor of south bend Indiana, how could he possibly be successful as president?

south bend has a higher murder rate per capita than chicago. meanwhile, the mayor is MIA. and his constituents hate him.

south bend has deteriorated under his “leadership”. … name one thing he has done to make his city better in the years he has occupied the mayor’s seat?

2017- shootings had risen 20% on mayor pete's watch. rapes increased 27% and aggravated assaults rose from 183 in 2013, the year before buttigieg took office, to a stunning 563 assaults.

sounds heavenly! Let’s Make America South Bend!

Last edited by texan2yankee; 07-04-2019 at 06:09 AM..

Old 07-04-2019, 06:30 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,370,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
he can’t manage being a good mayor of south bend Indiana, how could he possibly be successful as president?

south bend has a higher murder rate per capita than chicago. meanwhile, the mayor is MIA. and his constituents hate him.

south bend has deteriorated under his “leadership”. … name one thing he has done to make his city better in the years he has occupied the mayor’s seat?

2017- shootings had risen 20% on mayor pete's watch. rapes increased 27% and aggravated assaults rose from 183 in 2013, the year before buttigieg took office, to a stunning 563 assaults.

sounds heavenly! Let’s Make America South Bend!
You may not know that Pete Buttigieg was elected Mayor of South Bend, IN twice. Obviously, a significant number of his constituents like him a lot.

Never heard these figures you “quote” anywhere else. Where did you get this “information?” Any links??

Old 07-04-2019, 06:43 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,702,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Exactly. As a small-town mayor with no national or international experience, or even state level experience, butty is even more unqualified than Obama was. If he wasn't a homosexual, a small town mayor wouldn't get any serious consideration. Dems could at least pick Booker-he checks a few more identity politics boxes than the mayor. Granted he's a bigot and dumber than a box of rocks-but that doesn't seem to matter considering the quality of the Democratic field.
Yet again, I think we're in agreement.

I have to laugh at people thinking he can win a national election with support amongst minorities in the negative percentage range.

Upper-middle class/wealthy white neoliberals and gay white people won't be enough to carry him. Sorry!

Old 07-04-2019, 06:44 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
No.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:54 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
You may not know that Pete Buttigieg was elected Mayor of South Bend, IN twice. Obviously, a significant number of his constituents like him a lot.

Never heard these figures you “quote” anywhere else. Where did you get this “information?” Any links??

https://canadafreepress.com/article/...th-bend-bleeds

Old 07-04-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
A Canadian rag?? How about a more credible source??

Last edited by staywarm2; 07-04-2019 at 07:09 AM..

Old 07-04-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Exactly. As a small-town mayor with no national or international experience, or even state level experience, butty is even more unqualified than Obama was. If he wasn't a homosexual, a small town mayor wouldn't get any serious consideration. Dems could at least pick Booker-he checks a few more identity politics boxes than the mayor. Granted he's a bigot and dumber than a box of rocks-but that doesn't seem to matter considering the quality of the Democratic field.
You elected Trump, a reality TV star with ZERO political experience?? Pete has much more governing experience than your boy had when a bunch of red necks elected him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections