Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Mayor Pete have any shot at becoming the nominee?
Yes 84 47.19%
No 94 52.81%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 01:59 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
You elected Trump, a reality TV star with ZERO political experience?? Pete has much more governing experience than your boy had when a bunch of red necks elected him.
Yup. And rednecks elected Pete, too. More than once, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2019, 02:57 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
You elected Trump, a reality TV star with ZERO political experience?? Pete has much more governing experience than your boy had when a bunch of red necks elected him.
Exactly. Buttigieg is pretty far down my list of who I prefer but he still would start day one with far more governing experience, not to mention military experience than Captain Bone Spurs.

Old 07-04-2019, 03:30 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
It's amusing you think I am a "redneck".

People don't need specific experience to be POTUS, it's set up that way on purpose. It mostly the vision and ability to get things done that get's people elected. Trump had a vision and he's got a track record of getting things done. It wasn't because of "rednecks".

Old 07-04-2019, 04:25 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
he can’t manage being a good mayor of south bend Indiana, how could he possibly be successful as president?

south bend has a higher murder rate per capita than chicago. meanwhile, the mayor is MIA. and his constituents hate him.

south bend has deteriorated under his “leadershipâ€. … name one thing he has done to make his city better in the years he has occupied the mayor’s seat?

2017- shootings had risen 20% on mayor pete's watch. rapes increased 27% and aggravated assaults rose from 183 in 2013, the year before buttigieg took office, to a stunning 563 assaults.

sounds heavenly! Let’s Make America South Bend!
There’s only so much a mayor can do to stop people from committing crimes. What is he supposed to do, give people spankings for bad behavior? A city’s crime rate has more to do with the type of people who live there than who sits in the mayors office.

Old 07-04-2019, 10:22 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
There’s only so much a mayor can do to stop people from committing crimes. What is he supposed to do, give people spankings for bad behavior? A city’s crime rate has more to do with the type of people who live there than who sits in the mayors office.
You are absolutely correct!

Ignore Texas2wherever. She’s quoting some right wing nutcase CANADIAN fake news outlet.

Old 07-04-2019, 10:26 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
One of my college friends is supporting his campaigns. He took a gap year to work for Obama in 2008, so thinks this is a winning team, too

Old 07-06-2019, 10:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
But he had big business experience and being mayor of a relatively small city isn't a lot of experience. I think his standing after the debate showed pretty much his future and it doesn't look good. I will give him credit or being darn good looking and a very good speaker plus he is a vet. That should count for something, but not enough to get him anywhere near the top.

Old 07-06-2019, 10:59 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
But he had big business experience and being mayor of a relatively small city isn't a lot of experience. I think his standing after the debate showed pretty much his future and it doesn't look good. I will give him credit or being darn good looking and a very good speaker plus he is a vet. That should count for something, but not enough to get him anywhere near the top.
Trump was a bad businessman. He went bankrupt 3 times and ended up only doing licensing of his name. He basically contracted the construction work out. He never owned construction equipment.

Pete has actual governing experience. He was elected Mayor twice. He is a Graduate of Harvard, and a Rhodes Scholar in Politics and Economics from Oxford. Wait until the next debate. This last debate had too many people for anyone to get a sense of how smart and sensible Buttigieg is.

Old 07-06-2019, 11:08 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Exactly. As a small-town mayor with no national or international experience, or even state level experience, butty is even more unqualified than Obama was. If he wasn't a homosexual, a small town mayor wouldn't get any serious consideration. Dems could at least pick Booker-he checks a few more identity politics boxes than the mayor. Granted he's a bigot and dumber than a box of rocks-but that doesn't seem to matter considering the quality of the Democratic field.
Sometimes, a look in the mirror is needed with the voting public. The fact that ppl need to label these guys based on their sexuality or race kinda says something. I wish that Pete had just stayed in the closet so that ppl would give him a chance instead of disqualifying him beforehand. There are a lot of religious blacks in the Dem party who might not vote for him if he became the nominee. What then?
We have already elected a failed businessman to the Presidency. Why not a small town mayor? I’m convinced that you could elect a monkey into the presidency and he would be just as good.

Old 07-06-2019, 11:19 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,702,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Sometimes, a look in the mirror is needed with the voting public. The fact that ppl need to label these guys based on their sexuality or race kinda says something. I wish that Pete had just stayed in the closet so that ppl would give him a chance instead of disqualifying him beforehand. There are a lot of religious blacks in the Dem party who might not vote for him if he became the nominee. What then?
We have already elected a failed businessman to the Presidency. Why not a small town mayor? I’m convinced that you could elect a monkey into the presidency and he would be just as good.
We will elect someone who was a small town mayor, who has far more government experience and was far more successful as mayor to the Presidency.

His name is Bernard Sanders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections