Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2022, 01:14 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
They did not vote for president in 2020. They disliked Hillary and despised Trump.
Hillary didn’t run in 2020.

Old 06-04-2022, 01:26 PM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,664,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Hillary didn’t run in 2020.

Sorry about that; 2016 is when they did not vote for president. In 2020 they held their noses and voted Biden

Last edited by JRR; 06-04-2022 at 01:42 PM..

Old 06-04-2022, 08:26 PM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Not everyone agrees with your portrayal of horrible destruction by Democrats. That is just your point of view. My relatives don't live or die with politics 24/7; they have other things in their lives.
A lot of people don’t. I would like to hear from the Republican respondents on this board what they are going to do to tackle inflation, gas prices, supply shortages, Ukraine conflict etc. i keep hearing red wave, but what are they going to do to fix those things If elected?

Old 06-04-2022, 11:17 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
A lot of people don’t. I would like to hear from the Republican respondents on this board what they are going to do to tackle inflation, gas prices, supply shortages, Ukraine conflict etc. i keep hearing red wave, but what are they going to do to fix those things If elected?
I’m not a Republican, but at this point I don’t think a plan is needed. Biden and the Democrats have screwed up so badly at this point that Republicans and even a large swath of Independent voters will vote against the Dems just to alleviate the damage they are capable of over the next two years. If a Republican ran on a platform of voting against every Democrat proposal they’d probably have a good shot at winning. Unless and until the Democrats take their party back from the extremists, they’re going to have fight for every seat most likely. The general public is not happy with Biden’s version of building back better.

Old 06-05-2022, 12:03 AM

19,808 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
If the Republicans win in November, I honestly wouldn't care if they did nothing except stop the Progressive (woke) wave that is now affecting various government, education and health policies -- and that they strongly come out against any kind of Government Disinformation Board or any kind of restriction of free speech that does not incite or promote physical violence. (The "mistake" as far as the Board's actual name is intentional.) I also would like them to put an end to further actions to enforce any kind of COVID "vaccine" mandates.

But to address the specific issues you listed in your post, I think we are going to have inflation no matter who is in charge, but if the Republicans make it tougher for people NOT to work and if (separate subject) gas prices come down, then I don't think we will see as many shortages. (About Ukraine, I don't know what to think except that if the wealthy and powerful think they can make money from it, our involvement will continue.)

Old 06-05-2022, 05:28 AM

2,921 posts, read 1,986,113 times
After watching an ad this morning by Ryan trashing Vance, it just furthers my belief that Vance ONLY wins if voters vote strictly to prevent Democrats from keeping control of the Senate. I don't see that happening. Vance's comments from the past and Ryan voting against bad trade deals in the past I think will give Ryan the edge. Hope I'm wrong. As of now I'm saying Ryan has a 70% chance of winning. Ugh.

Old 06-06-2022, 09:07 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
After watching an ad this morning by Ryan trashing Vance, it just furthers my belief that Vance ONLY wins if voters vote strictly to prevent Democrats from keeping control of the Senate. I don't see that happening. Vance's comments from the past and Ryan voting against bad trade deals in the past I think will give Ryan the edge. Hope I'm wrong. As of now I'm saying Ryan has a 70% chance of winning. Ugh.
Betting market strongly disagrees: https://www.predictit.org/markets/de...n-Ohio-in-2022

Implied 85% chance of a Vance win. If you really believe Ryan has a 70% chance of winning (and aren't just sandbagging), you might consider putting money on him to win in Ohio. Pays out better than 6:1.

Old 06-07-2022, 03:04 PM

2,921 posts, read 1,986,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
Betting market strongly disagrees: https://www.predictit.org/markets/de...n-Ohio-in-2022

Implied 85% chance of a Vance win. If you really believe Ryan has a 70% chance of winning (and aren't just sandbagging), you might consider putting money on him to win in Ohio. Pays out better than 6:1.
Not sandbagging, actually want Democrats to lose control of the Senate so I want Vance to win. Just have a feeling people who supported Trump aren't going to trust Vance to be anything but an establishment RINO. And I think Ryan will appeal to enough people that he'll have a chance of winning.

Wont bet though, I have enough trouble getting it right in the stock market.

Old 06-09-2022, 06:23 AM

3,829 posts, read 1,686,336 times
Quote:
Not sandbagging, actually want Democrats to lose control of the Senate so I want Vance to win. Just have a feeling people who supported Trump aren't going to trust Vance to be anything but an establishment RINO. And I think Ryan will appeal to enough people that he'll have a chance of winning.

Wont bet though, I have enough trouble getting it right in the stock market.
He’s going to make it very uncomfortable for the GOP in Ohio. If PA and Ohio flip seats that’s all on Trump.

I don’t have an issue with moderate republicans. I hate what the GOP has turned into. A far right party of nut jobs in control. They stoke the negativity and get people fired up. What happened to the party that promoted this country as a great capitalist promise land where you can make money and get ahead? The nation where dreams are conquered. We are a far cry from that GOP.

Old 06-09-2022, 03:41 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,243,321 times
Quote:
I'm not surprised. Trump backed the wrong candidate during Ohio's primary election. Should have chosen Josh Mandel, but I honestly believe he was just taking the advice of his son. It was clear Trump doesn't know much about Vance, took him a couple of tries to even get his name correct at one of his rallies, referring to him as JP Mandel, when it's JD Vance. Vance's poll numbers more than doubled after Trump endorsed him. Wish he would have stayed out of endorsing a candidate the way the Ohio Republican party asked him to.

During the primary there was an ad that highlighted comments Vance made about Trump in the past. It's clear he was a RINO never-Trumper at the time, now we are supposed to believe he agrees with the Trump agenda? There wont be a lot of enthusiasm among voters for Vance in November, but Ohioans know Republicans need to take back the Senate and House to put up as many roadblocks as possible to the absolutely disastrous Biden administration, and to stop Democrats from pushing through awful legislation that damages this country like they have been.

Unfortunately, I don't have much faith in voters to make decisions for the right reasons when they cast their vote. Because they are familiar with Tim Ryan's name, and yes, because he seems like a nice, non-threatening guy, it's very possible he wins Portman's seat.

As for as Josh Mandel, I'm hoping he runs against Sen. Sherrod 'Scruffy' Brown again in 2024. Brown has been in office far too long for someone with such a terrible record in the Senate. He's one of those D.C. politicians you ask yourself why they are intentionally doing harm to our country. He is that bad. Mandel will have a better chance against him than Vance would have, so if Vance squeaks out a victory over Ryan and Mandel beats Brown in two years, it will have worked out for the best.

Best case scenario: Vance wins Portman's seat, Republicans take back the House & Senate, and Trump wins the presidential election for the third time (w/o this one being stolen). They'll have a lot of work to do to undo a lot of the damage done during Biden's time in the White House. And if you're scoffing at my comments as a Democrat right now I'll just ask, how much did it cost you at the pump the last time you filled up your vehicle? And how much longer can you keep it up before your credit cards are maxed out and you can't fill your tank any longer??? Biden's domestic energy policy has been catastrophic. And while Russia's war in the Ukraine has contributed to price hikes, Trump had a very good relationship with the Saudis and if need be would have asked them nicely to increase production and they probably would have complied. Plus, we would be pumping much more of our own oil than we are currently, and pipelines wouldn't have been shutdown like they have under Biden.

And I say this as someone who isn't a Republican. In fact, after 2026 I wont vote for another Republican, and I swore off the Democrat party almost two decades ago. What we need is a new third party in the not too distant future. And until we have a great one I can get behind I'll be voting issues only after '26. But for now, I need to do my small part and vote for those who'll try to end the insanity that's been going on thanks to the Democrats in control in Washington D.C.. And I would urge you Democrats that agree they have gone way too loony left that want your party back to vote for Republicans until bad actors are out of power. One thing we know, Trump will do his best to protect our country, bring gas prices down, keep taxes low, and create an environment that will help bring jobs back to our country. You can hate the man's ego and personality all you want, sometimes I do to, but if you want what is best for our nation try to look past that because it's the best we have in our time. I was born in '65 and when it comes to policy, Trump is the best president we've had in my lifetime. Don't throw away the opportunity to help get our country back on track. Vote Republican in '22, '24 & '26, then after Trump leaves office in January of '29, reevaluate which party will lead us the best.

Sherrod Brown crushed Josh Mandel who is a terrible human being as well as a terrible politician once before...we'd love to match up against him again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections