Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2022, 07:29 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,014,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Marco is a U.S. Senator. The abortion issue is a state issue not a federal one. Unless the Democrats wants to pass a constitutional amendment to push abortion on all 50 states. Is not a federal issue.

It's like voting for President for their opinions on abortion. It's meaningless now.

Yes, for decades we heard conservatives say that abortion should be left to the individual states.

Of course, it was all a lie:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-restrictions

Now, we do not know what Senator Graham will propose today at noon. He has introduced such before, as detailed in the link. No abortion after 20 weeks save for life of mother, rape and incest, if I recall correctly.

Actually, I think it rather reasonable (it was what was proposed in that Mississippi law that the Supreme Court used to overrule Roe). After all, 20 weeks equals roughly five months, and there are few abortions after that length of time (one percent):

https://www.cdc.gov/reproductiveheal...s/abortion.htm

But, Mr. Graham is simply giving the Democrats another gift. Suburban women are already pissed off about the Dodd decision. This will remind them of what is at stake in November.

It will be in vain for other Republicans to try and distance themselves from Mr. Graham's proposal. All Republicans will be tarnished with that brush, fair or not.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:17 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Graham’s proposal should help energize democrats, maybe he hasn’t been paying attention to his own state.

Old 09-16-2022, 10:13 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,107 times
I know polls can be off and the MSM can miss what's happening at the street level, but these focus groups by former GOP operative Sarah Longwell are pretty powerful. The most accurate poll will be conducted in 53 days....I could be wrong but this doesn't look like a traditional midterm. There is not one clear powerful referendum that is driving voters...there's about 3 referendums right now.

https://twitter.com/SarahLongwell25/...40671606296586

Old 09-16-2022, 12:35 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
I know polls can be off and the MSM can miss what's happening at the street level, but these focus groups by former GOP operative Sarah Longwell are pretty powerful. The most accurate poll will be conducted in 53 days....I could be wrong but this doesn't look like a traditional midterm. There is not one clear powerful referendum that is driving voters...there's about 3 referendums right now.

https://twitter.com/SarahLongwell25/...40671606296586

It's Sarah Longwell a strong anti-Trump neo con Republican who is a lesbian pro choice repeating the left talking points. I take her opinions and interpretations with a grain of salt because she has a deep conflict of interest. She is the "Republican" strategist that goes on liberal MSM to bash Republicans. She is going after DeSantis, Lake, Rubio and every Republican that voted for Trump. She hardly goes after Biden or Pelosi and these people are in power. I guess TDS does this to people.

She tweeted of Desantis sending immigrants to Martha's Vineyard with:

Quote:
The reaction is because people are, rightly, morally repulsed by using human beings as props in this stunt. Not because anyone was inconvenienced.

Really? instead of going after President Biden for this mess she goes after DeSantis which she hates. Democrats uses illegal immigration for political stunts and crickets from her.

Nothing that comes out from this woman is powerful.

Old 09-16-2022, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Graham’s proposal should help energize democrats, maybe he hasn’t been paying attention to his own state.
Democrats are for killing babies after the 4 month? I miss the old JFK/Truman party. Today the party of nuts.

Old 09-16-2022, 01:19 PM

7,149 posts, read 4,743,435 times
Graham's bill has no chance. There aren't enough GOP backers and zero dems.
I'm beginning to think someone is paying Graham off to try to blow the election.
What a stupid move.
This should be left up to the states.

Old 09-16-2022, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Graham's bill has no chance. There aren't enough GOP backers and zero dems.
I'm beginning to think someone is paying Graham off to try to blow the election.
What a stupid move.
This should be left up to the states.
No bill pro choice or pro life has a chance at the federal level. You wish both sides gets call on it but I guess this is 1 sided. Pelosi and the Democrats tried to pass pro choice bills after the S.C. took down Roe. It went nowhere.

Both sides throw red meat to the base. This is a reaction to what the Democrats are trying to do but nobody has the votes.

Old 09-21-2022, 01:26 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
latest. R's are still ahead.

source

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Democrats are for killing babies after the 4 month? I miss the old JFK/Truman party. Today the party of nuts.
me too.

today they are the party of 'if you're against killing babies just before they exit the womb at nine months, you're worse than hitler'

Old 09-21-2022, 08:01 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Democrats’ Midterm Comeback Could Be Too Little, Too Late
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...te/ar-AA1256iL

Laxalt, Lombardo are pulling ahead in Nevada
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...da/ar-AA1241ln

There are seven weeks until Election Day. Nevada has hotly contested races for U.S. Senate and governor. Decision Desk HQ predicts Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto wins 63 percent of the time. FiveThirtyEight has Gov. Steve Sisolak victorious a bit under two-thirds of the time. PredictIt, an election-betting website, has Nevada’s Senate race just about tied, while Sisolak is a slight favorite. Odds are as of Tuesday.

They’re wrong. Adam Laxalt and Joe Lombardo should be favored in their respective races by at least 2-to-1 odds. Here’s why.

It begins with Nevada’s voter registration data. In October 2018, Nevada had 75,000 more registered Democrats than Republicans. In October 2020, the Democrat lead was 87,000. In both cases, Democrats held a 4.8-percentage point advantage.

Last month, that lead had shrunk to under 49,000 voters or less than 2.8 percentage points. Remember, Joe Biden won Nevada by fewer than 34,000 votes or 2.4 percentage points. That advantage is virtually gone.

There are now fewer registered Democrats in Nevada than there were in October 2018, while the number of registered Republicans is up. Republicans generally overperform in Nevada’s off-year elections, too.

Old 09-21-2022, 08:17 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Democrats’ Midterm Comeback Could Be Too Little, Too Late
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...te/ar-AA1256iL

Laxalt, Lombardo are pulling ahead in Nevada
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...da/ar-AA1241ln

There are seven weeks until Election Day. Nevada has hotly contested races for U.S. Senate and governor. Decision Desk HQ predicts Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto wins 63 percent of the time. FiveThirtyEight has Gov. Steve Sisolak victorious a bit under two-thirds of the time. PredictIt, an election-betting website, has Nevada’s Senate race just about tied, while Sisolak is a slight favorite. Odds are as of Tuesday.

They’re wrong. Adam Laxalt and Joe Lombardo should be favored in their respective races by at least 2-to-1 odds. Here’s why.

It begins with Nevada’s voter registration data. In October 2018, Nevada had 75,000 more registered Democrats than Republicans. In October 2020, the Democrat lead was 87,000. In both cases, Democrats held a 4.8-percentage point advantage.

Last month, that lead had shrunk to under 49,000 voters or less than 2.8 percentage points. Remember, Joe Biden won Nevada by fewer than 34,000 votes or 2.4 percentage points. That advantage is virtually gone.

There are now fewer registered Democrats in Nevada than there were in October 2018, while the number of registered Republicans is up. Republicans generally overperform in Nevada’s off-year elections, too.

Nevada is one of my favorite states besides Florida. I am hopeful and confident that Nevada will deliver for our country by throwing out the Marxist Democrats who hate America. Fingers crossed, and it looks good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections