Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2022, 08:15 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,669,320 times

Advertisements

I don't believe abortion is number one issue with either party, with inflation, open borders, high crime, bail reform, reduced law enforcement, power being given the government, the economy, retirement investments in the pooper, being forced to get EV when most cannot afford them and the ability of foreign powers like China to have control over the minerals used in the EV and solar panels, also their owning so much farmland and cities in the US. Unless the majority of our citizens think abortion is the most troublesome problem today.

I'm an independent and way back when, protested for abortion rights. Yet today, with all the available birth control OTC, or by prescription, and the states what can and are issuing abortion rules, why is it falling as a main issue on Republicans?

Old 09-06-2022, 08:18 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You have just identified the problem for the GOP. It's voters like you.
It is about core beliefs. I have to vote to support them. It’s the only weapon I have.

Old 09-06-2022, 08:20 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,669,320 times
"in 2021, an average of 29% of Americans identified as Democrats, 27% as Republicans and 42% as independents. Roughly equal proportions of independents leaned to the Democratic Party (17%) and to the Republican Party (16%)."

https://news.gallup.com/poll/388781/...ring-2021.aspx

Possibly the Independents, who don't vote in primaries, will determine the election.

Old 09-06-2022, 08:24 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It is about core beliefs. I have to vote to support them. It’s the only weapon I have.
No, it's about you saying you will support a man who tried to usurp and hold power that didn't belong to him, continues to undermine our elections by perpetrating The Big Lie, and stole national security documents and refused to return them, simply because he is on your "team," the "balloon on a stick" you will support no matter what. And you will vote for him even when you KNOW he isn't good for the country.

These are the "core beliefs" you are supporting?

Last edited by HeyJude514; 09-06-2022 at 08:34 AM..

Old 09-06-2022, 09:04 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
No, it's about you saying you will support a man who tried to usurp and hold power that didn't belong to him, continues to undermine our elections by perpetrating The Big Lie, and stole national security documents and refused to return them, simply because he is on your "team," the "balloon on a stick" you will support no matter what. And you will vote for him even when you KNOW he isn't good for the country.

Stole? LMAO It isn't really about lying.

You voted for a President and party that LIED and FORCED drugs on people, lies about the state of our economy and even changes the definition of recession and the list of lies is long. Do you recognize that the Democrat party and the people that votes for them lives in a glass house surrounded by b.s.?

I hope the DNC is paying you and you are not doing it for free.

By the way, Democrats can undermine elections, courts and the police but that's patriotic.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 09-06-2022 at 09:53 AM..

Old 09-06-2022, 09:51 AM

50,378 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:

Someone’s been watching too much CNN.

Old 09-06-2022, 11:35 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Stole? LMAO It isn't really about lying.

You voted for a President and party that LIED and FORCED drugs on people, lies about the state of our economy and even changes the definition of recession and the list of lies is long. Do you recognize that the Democrat party and the people that votes for them lives in a glass house surrounded by b.s.?

I hope the DNC is paying you and you are not doing it for free.

By the way, Democrats can undermine elections, courts and the police but that's patriotic.
Bingo…but no mean tweets

Old 09-06-2022, 11:49 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Exactly. The November elections will be the barometer for where we are. Most of us republicans would vote for a balloon on a stick, rather than a democrat at this point. The country’s a mess. This is not a one or two issue thing. We all hold our noses about something we don’t like, but we need to keep our eyes on the big picture.
If you need to hold your nose before voting avoid doing that by voting for a third-party candidate.

Old 09-06-2022, 11:51 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If you need to hold your nose before voting avoid doing that by voting for a third-party candidate.
Which gets one nothing but the ability to ride the fence and say “don’t blame me, I didn’t vote for either of them.”

Old 09-06-2022, 11:57 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I don't believe abortion is number one issue with either party, with inflation, open borders, high crime, bail reform, reduced law enforcement, power being given the government, the economy, retirement investments in the pooper, being forced to get EV when most cannot afford them and the ability of foreign powers like China to have control over the minerals used in the EV and solar panels, also their owning so much farmland and cities in the US. Unless the majority of our citizens think abortion is the most troublesome problem today.

I'm an independent and way back when, protested for abortion rights. Yet today, with all the available birth control OTC, or by prescription, and the states what can and are issuing abortion rules, why is it falling as a main issue on Republicans?
So far, I don't hear Republicans say what they will do to solve hardly any of the problems you cite. If gas goes down, inflation goes down, peace comes to Ukraine and so on, voters may decide them better stick with what they have.

Once again, most women don't appreciate government trying to control their lives. Gov. Abbot shouldn't have felt any need to assure women that Plan B is still available. But he could change his mind on that if anti-abortion fanatics tell him to ban Plan B or else, they won't give him one dime more in campaign donations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections