Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2022, 08:43 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Kelly is a McCain without the hair and with a D. The governors primary says something when Hobbs lost 2 counties while Lake won all counties and brought in far more votes.

My point which I backed with data is that Republican turnout is higher than Democrats in state primaries before Dobbs and after Dobbs. It was the same thing when Democrats won control in 2006 and 2018. They had the turnout.

The house is gone. This will have 2 results. Republicans do what Democrats did in 2018 by winning the house and losing the Senate or better that position by winning both. We shall find out in 2 months.

My opinion, if Republicans lose the Senate, I think Mitch is gone and Rick Scott will challenge for the spot.
The primary turnout in Arizona doesn't say anything when both major races on the GOP side were competitive and neither one on the Democratic side was competitive
Kelly was unopposed and Dobbs won by 50. If the competiveness of the primary was similar or in the same ballpark you could read more into it, but that certainly wasn't the case in Arizona

Old 09-05-2022, 11:18 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The primary turnout in Arizona doesn't say anything when both major races on the GOP side were competitive and neither one on the Democratic side was competitive
Kelly was unopposed and Dobbs won by 50. If the competiveness of the primary was similar or in the same ballpark you could read more into it, but that certainly wasn't the case in Arizona

Hobbs lost 2 counties while Lake won all. If Hobbs didn't have competition it really looks bad on her losing 2 counties. Nobody knows how the general will turnout except that the house is gone. My point was that your opinion is 1 sided on enthusiasm and ignores the Republican side when it shows Republicans are coming out in the primaries.

Old 09-05-2022, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Hobbs lost 2 counties while Lake won all. If Hobbs didn't have competition it really looks bad on her losing 2 counties. Nobody knows how the general will turnout except that the house is gone. My point was that your opinion is 1 sided on enthusiasm and ignores the Republican side when it shows Republicans are coming out in the primaries.
The amount of counties someone wins or not doesn't mean it is competitive or not. She literally won by 50 points...

Old 09-05-2022, 12:20 PM

Quote:
The amount of counties someone wins or not doesn't mean it is competitive or not. She literally won by 50 points...

and? She lost 2 counties against a nobody. I hardly call that unchallenged. It doesn't change the fact that the GOP are coming out to vote in higher numbers than Democrats. Again, nobody knows what the general will show only that the house is gone. Just exposing the 1 sided media reporting which you repeat.

Old 09-05-2022, 12:42 PM

Quote:
and? She lost 2 counties against a nobody. I hardly call that unchallenged. It doesn't change the fact that the GOP are coming out to vote in higher numbers than Democrats. Again, nobody knows what the general will show only that the house is gone. Just exposing the 1 sided media reporting which you repeat.
It was one county of less than 50,000 people. Hobbs won by 50 points, that is not competitive. Turnout in a competitive primary is not comparable to a non-competitive primary period.

Old 09-05-2022, 12:49 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
It was one county of less than 50,000 people. Hobbs won by 50 points, that is not competitive. Turnout in a competitive primary is not comparable to a non-competitive primary period.
Santa Cruz. The vote total was about 4000. Santa Cruz county is a tiny county on the border that is more like Mexico than the US. How much that mattered IDK. Lopez had several endorsements from political leaders in that county. I guarantee that Santa Cruz will go solidly for Hobbs in the general, though.

The argumentative poster knows little of Arizona poltics and if they did would be paying far more attention to the breakdown of the vote in Maricopa for the governor race. Lake was defeated very soundly in precincts in retirement areas of Maricopa as well as the more affluent suburbs of Scottsdale and the east. These are the voters who will decide the outcome. It remains to be seen if these Republicans will shift to Lake in the general. I assume some will but not enough as she is very divisive and likely not attractive to those more moderate voters. Hobbs will win.

Last edited by Ponderosa; 09-05-2022 at 01:30 PM..

Old 09-05-2022, 01:02 PM

6,750 posts, read 6,736,185 times
GOP views on abortion are way out of the mainstream, just 10% of Americans think it should be banned outright. No wonder so many Republicans are Blake Masters'ing on the issue and quickly softening their rhetoric on it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/support...ws-11662210020

Old 09-05-2022, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
GOP views on abortion are way out of the mainstream, just 10% of Americans think it should be banned outright. No wonder so many Republicans are Blake Masters'ing on the issue and quickly softening their rhetoric on it.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/support...ws-11662210020

Polls are silly in a country of 340 million people and 50 states. The poll says that after Dobbs support for all abortions with no limits grew from 55% before to 60% with 2.7% error taken by taken by cell phone, landline and text of 1,313 people. That is not saying much. 3% difference? The error by text and cell phone has got to be higher than 2.7% and the poll has to break it down by geographic. Not all states wants unlimited abortions. Even Germany has a 12 week limit and all Latin counties the majority don't want unlimited abortions at any time. It depends how the poll ask the questions and geographic breakdown. Very Blue states want no limits and red states want limits.

I want to know out of 1,313 calls to cells and text, how many were in red states, blue states, City and rural and by age and gender.
But going to 55% to 60% with 2.7% error by text and cell doesn't give a clear answer.

Old 09-05-2022, 11:27 PM

6,750 posts, read 6,736,185 times
Quote:
I want to know out of 1,313 calls to cells and text, how many were in red states, blue states, City and rural and by age and gender.
But going to 55% to 60% with 2.7% error by text and cell doesn't give a clear answer.

The poll was conducted by the same firm as the previous one, and is in line with the recent trend of GOP candidates backtracking on abortion.

Quote:
Polls are silly in a country of 340 million people and 50 states.

Not sure I agree with you there. Even though we have some Putin/Trump sheeple in this country, they're not afraid to speak their minds like actual Putin subjects in Russia are. So Americans can be polled in ways people in dictatorships like Russia can't be.

Old 09-06-2022, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
The poll was conducted by the same firm as the previous one, and is in line with the recent trend of GOP candidates backtracking on abortion.
Not sure I agree with you there. Even though we have some Putin/Trump sheeple in this country, they're not afraid to speak their minds like actual Putin subjects in Russia are. So Americans can be polled in ways people in dictatorships like Russia can't be.

Russia fever. You could have picked Cuba or China or many other countries but Russia is it. Comeback in 2 months and see if you agree with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections