Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2022, 09:54 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Crist was Governor from 2007 to 2011 when I lived there. As such he is not an unknown, and has a record to run on. Should be an interesting race to watch.

BTW, Crist is originally from PA, but then according to statistics 66% of Florida's population aren't native Floridians. Former Governor, now Senator, Rick Scott is originally from IL.
Crist and Deming aren’t winning anything in Florida. Wishful thinking otherwise.

Old 09-02-2022, 10:34 AM

6,105 posts, read 2,727,097 times
This famous quote from Lindsey Graham says it all.

Quote:
If we nominate Trump, we will get destroyed.......and we will deserve it.

Old 09-02-2022, 10:37 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I doubt that. Anyway we need a GOP or at least a party with a small government ideology to counter the big government forces. We don't have that now, of course. The GOP is out in the wilderness somewhere and the only ideology they have is "whatever HE wants".
It's time for the Republican party to return to the days of Nixon (Roe v. Wade) and Eisenhower. If they can achieve that, this Democrat may very well vote Republican.

But first they have to rid themselves of their addiction to the Religious Right for votes.

Old 09-02-2022, 11:31 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,930,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
It's time for the Republican party to return to the days of Nixon (Roe v. Wade) and Eisenhower. If they can achieve that, this Democrat may very well vote Republican.

But first they have to rid themselves of their addiction to the Religious Right for votes.
My last vote for a Republican was Reagan in 1980. That was about the time that the Religious Right and the Dittoheads began to push the party over the cliff. Anyone with a brain should have been able to predict what was going to happen, someone like Trump was a foregone conclusion.

You might as well plan on voting Democrat for the rest of your life, because the Republican Party of Eisenhower is pretty much dead and gone, never to return.

Old 09-02-2022, 01:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
My last vote for a Republican was Reagan in 1980. That was about the time that the Religious Right and the Dittoheads began to push the party over the cliff. Anyone with a brain should have been able to predict what was going to happen, someone like Trump was a foregone conclusion.

You might as well plan on voting Democrat for the rest of your life, because the Republican Party of Eisenhower is pretty much dead and gone, never to return.
If the Yang Wittman Party gains steam, you may have that. The problem is third party groups on a national whole often come in for an election or two and die off, or they absorb a failing party. The Republicans under the religious right wasn't too bad, the Tea Party and now Trump Republicans are however.

Old 09-02-2022, 02:46 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Crist and Deming aren’t winning anything in Florida. Wishful thinking otherwise.
I never said it was impossible. Just giving out personal info for people living in other states on Florida politicians. It is very much a purple state like PA has it's Philly and Pittsburg, Florida has it's Miami and Tampa. Jacksonville is more "southern" and conservative. After 10 years in Florida I admit I know more about their politics that PA. I am a PA carpetbagger (;

Old 09-02-2022, 04:24 PM

Quote:
I never said it was impossible. Just giving out personal info for people living in other states on Florida politicians. It is very much a purple state like PA has it's Philly and Pittsburg, Florida has it's Miami and Tampa. Jacksonville is more "southern" and conservative. After 10 years in Florida I admit I know more about their politics that PA. I am a PA carpetbagger (;
We spend 5-7 months/year in Florida depending on PA weather so I’m well aware of Florida politics and DeSantisLand, as it’s oh so refreshing compared to the clown Governor here in PA.

PA has turned blue and Philly and Pittsburgh are ridiculously blue, and it’s working so well for them, lol…yet they’re pulling the D lever no matter who the candidate is.

Last edited by erieguy; 09-02-2022 at 04:44 PM..

Old 09-02-2022, 05:08 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
In normal times, an inept, weak President like Biden would lead to massive midterm gains. But with the election deniers, Jan 6 defenders, and never mind abortion, votes against contraception, the GOP risks seriously underperforming the circumstances.

The Maryland Governor's race is the 1st casualty, but won't be the last. Somewhere, somehow GOP strategists need to cool the crazy that could derail what should be a huge midterm win for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3b0aimyWXU&t=96s

Old 09-02-2022, 05:33 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,322,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
We spend 5-7 months/year in Florida depending on PA weather so I’m well aware of Florida politics and DeSantisLand, as it’s oh so refreshing compared to the clown Governor here in PA.

PA has turned blue and Philly and Pittsburgh are ridiculously blue, and it’s working so well for them, lol…yet they’re pulling the D lever no matter who the candidate is.
So you were SNOWBIRDS. Lol. We lived there year round for 10 years and both had FULL TIME JOBS Yeah, know all about you people and SEASON. They're Baaaaaakkkk.

Old 09-02-2022, 05:56 PM

Quote:
So you were SNOWBIRDS. Lol. We lived there year round for 10 years and both had FULL TIME JOBS Yeah, know all about you people and SEASON. They're Baaaaaakkkk.
Were? Nope, and snowbirds we know spend around 3 months there. We bought a house there and go down throughout the year, and if it wasn’t for family and friends we’d be there full time. You certainly belong in a Dem state. Unlikely you’re missed there, lol.

Last edited by erieguy; 09-02-2022 at 06:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections