Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2022, 02:45 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
No. I read the article and posted what I felt were the main points regarding the Alaska election. If you don't agree that's fine. But there's no need to get nasty.
Bingo…and it’s amazing how folks criticize the answers because they’re not what they think they should be.

Old 09-04-2022, 02:50 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
So your bar is a few "special elections" in very blue states so that tells the whole country's mood? You are grasping at the straws. The fact is Republicans will take Congress, keep the majority of governorship, keep the majority of the state legislative branches of the country , keep 6-3 advantage in the S.C. and be very competitive in the Senate shows you it's not a Democrat turn around to keep Congress.

The fact is that Pelosi could only keep Congress for 4 years shows Dobbs is not what the media paints it.

This has 2 options, Republicans takes the house and senate while keeping the majority of the governorship and state legislative branches with a 6-3 Supreme Court.

or

Republicans takes the house, loses the Senate and keep the rest like in 2018 making 2024 very interesting.
Outperforming the partisan lean of the district is outperforming the partisan lean of the district. The state the district is in does not determine the partisan lean of the district, how the district actually votes does that. There are Republican districts in Republican states, Democratic states and swing states. There are swing districts in Republican States, Democratic States and swing states. There are Democratic districts in Republican States, Democratic states and swing states.

Old 09-04-2022, 03:07 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Arizona August 2nd Florida August 23rd Michigan August 2nd. Wisconsin August 9th. None of the states were affected by the Dobbs decision and Republicans outperformed Democrats in votes. It proves that Republicans were outperforming Democrats in the primaries before Dobbs and after Dobbs because the #1 issue is the economy which I understand why Democrats wants to change the topic to Dobbs and Trump. It's their hail mary play.

Instead of the msm reporting that Republican are still outpacing Democrats in the primaries after Dobbs, they spin things and show 1 side because of a few special elections that doesn't say much about the general. The full picture is the Republicans will take the house and Senate is up for grabs. It's the same pattern in 2018 when the roles were reverse. Trump lost the house and kept the Senate. See a pattern?
I covered Arizona in my post replying to the idea. I can speak of Arizona because I know for a fact that typically the state sees far more Republican voters because more Republicans run for the candidacy in Arizona. For Kelly to get 500K votes without someone running against him, says something.

Old 09-04-2022, 06:46 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I covered Arizona in my post replying to the idea. I can speak of Arizona because I know for a fact that typically the state sees far more Republican voters because more Republicans run for the candidacy in Arizona. For Kelly to get 500K votes without someone running against him, says something.

Kelly is a McCain without the hair and with a D. The governors primary says something when Hobbs lost 2 counties while Lake won all counties and brought in far more votes.

My point which I backed with data is that Republican turnout is higher than Democrats in state primaries before Dobbs and after Dobbs. It was the same thing when Democrats won control in 2006 and 2018. They had the turnout.

The house is gone. This will have 2 results. Republicans do what Democrats did in 2018 by winning the house and losing the Senate or better that position by winning both. We shall find out in 2 months.

My opinion, if Republicans lose the Senate, I think Mitch is gone and Rick Scott will challenge for the spot.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 09-04-2022 at 07:04 PM..

Old 09-04-2022, 08:09 PM

3,162 posts, read 2,215,339 times
Quote:
My opinion, if Republicans lose the Senate, I think Mitch is gone and Rick Scott will challenge for the spot.
Rick Scott is the NRSC chairman for the midterms. It would seem odd that in the event Republicans don't win the Senate, that they would elevate the Senator into leadership who oversaw the campaigns that (as a whole) didn't work in their favor. Rick Scott would have a better argument for being promoted if Republicans do capture a Senate majority this year, especially since McConnell hasn't demonstrated confidence in some of the candidates in key races.

Old 09-04-2022, 08:15 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,467,320 times
Haven’t read through all 41 pages of replies, but my take is everything up until now is mostly noise. The majority of people don't pay attention to politics until about Labor Day before the election. Things could swing either way in the senate between now and then. Yes the GOP had the wind at its back in the spring, but they selected some, shall we say, quirky senate candidates and the dems have a huge fundraising advantage. So it’s going to be nip and tuck all the way to the end.

Old 09-04-2022, 08:31 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
Haven’t read through all 41 pages of replies, but my take is everything up until now is mostly noise. The majority of people don't pay attention to politics until about Labor Day before the election. Things could swing either way in the senate between now and then. Yes the GOP had the wind at its back in the spring, but they selected some, shall we say, quirky senate candidates and the dems have a huge fundraising advantage. So it’s going to be nip and tuck all the way to the end.
The GOP candidates are fantastic compared to the extremist rubber stamp Marxists they are running against.

Old 09-04-2022, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas75 View Post
Rick Scott is the NRSC chairman for the midterms. It would seem odd that in the event Republicans don't win the Senate, that they would elevate the Senator into leadership who oversaw the campaigns that (as a whole) didn't work in their favor. Rick Scott would have a better argument for being promoted if Republicans do capture a Senate majority this year, especially since McConnell hasn't demonstrated confidence in some of the candidates in key races.

But Mitch is #1 in the Senate. I find it strange that if the GOP doesn't win the Senate they will keep him. He has low approval numbers and is not the face to push the party's message to move forward. You want a face with a voice that can be the GOP face in the Senate and Mitch has worn out that welcome and he has been #1 in the Senate since 2006.

Say what you want about Schumer but he can fight and campaign in speeches and use the cameras to his advantage for the #1 Democrat Senator. I don't see that with Mitch. I don't feel his speeches. It's boring and no teeth. I feel I'm in church listening to Mitch.

Old 09-05-2022, 12:22 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The GOP candidates are fantastic compared to the extremist rubber stamp Marxists they are running against.
But most women don't appreciate the Republican candidates saying they are pro-life with no exceptions. The ones running for Congress want abortion banned at the national level. Some Republicans to further upset women have suggested that birth control should be banned. All that is really extremist. Most women don't want government control over their bodies, sponsored by Republican legislators passing prohibitive laws.

Old 09-05-2022, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But most women don't appreciate the Republican candidates saying they are pro-life with no exceptions. The ones running for Congress want abortion banned at the national level. Some Republicans to further upset women have suggested that birth control should be banned. All that is really extremist. Most women don't want government control over their bodies, sponsored by Republican legislators passing prohibitive laws.

so you speak for women? how many women you know personally that they will share how they vote with you? and which Republicans want to ban birth control? is this a DNC ad?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections