Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2022, 11:58 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I don't believe abortion is number one issue with either party, with inflation, open borders, high crime, bail reform, reduced law enforcement, power being given the government, the economy, retirement investments in the pooper, being forced to get EV when most cannot afford them and the ability of foreign powers like China to have control over the minerals used in the EV and solar panels, also their owning so much farmland and cities in the US. Unless the majority of our citizens think abortion is the most troublesome problem today.

I'm an independent and way back when, protested for abortion rights. Yet today, with all the available birth control OTC, or by prescription, and the states what can and are issuing abortion rules, why is it falling as a main issue on Republicans?
So far, I don't hear Republicans say what they will do to solve hardly any of the problems you cite. If gas goes down, inflation goes down, peace comes to Ukraine and so on, voters may decide them better stick with what they have. Instead, I hear that Ted Cruz went on a bizarre rant about college degrees in "***** pet literature".

Once again, most women don't appreciate government trying to control their lives. Gov. Abbot shouldn't have felt any need to assure women that Plan B is still available. But he could change his mind on that if anti-abortion fanatics tell him to ban Plan B or else, they won't give him one dime more in campaign donations. I bet they have been giving Republicans many thousand$ to ban abortion. Money doesn't speak for the majority.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 09-06-2022 at 12:35 PM..

Old 09-06-2022, 12:04 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Someone’s been watching too much CNN.
Says the person who told us she would vote for a balloon on a stick as long as it had an R after the name. This, folks, is MAGA.

Old 09-06-2022, 12:06 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Someone’s been watching too much CNN.
So? Doesn't Trump hate Fox News now?

Old 09-06-2022, 12:12 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So far, I don't hear Republicans say what they will do to solve hardly any of the problems you cite. If gas goes down, inflation goes down, peace comes to Ukraine and so on, voters may decide them better stick with what they have.

Once again, most women don't appreciate government trying to control their lives. Gov. Abbot shouldn't have felt any need to assure women that Plan B is still available. But he could change his mind on that if anti-abortion fanatics tell him to ban Plan B or else, they won't give him one dime more in campaign donations. I bet they have been giving Republicans many thousand$ to ban abortion. Money doesn't speak for the majority.
They do have an agenda but for liberals it falls on deaf ears. What is the Democrat's plan who are in power apart from lying and changing the definition of recession and raising taxes and raising the cost of living and changing the topic to Trump, our democracy is in "danger "and abortions which is a state issue?

Funny, that you say "most women don't appreciate government trying to control their lives" but forcing drugs on people with lies and coercion is very much accepted in the Democrat world. Thanks for the laugh.

Is not really about lies or controlling people because Democrats do the same thing they attack Republicans with, "control". Between the 2, the Democrat party is the party of bigger government and more control. That is a fact.

Old 09-06-2022, 01:54 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
They do have an agenda but for liberals it falls on deaf ears. What is the Democrat's plan who are in power apart from lying and changing the definition of recession and raising taxes and raising the cost of living and changing the topic to Trump, our democracy is in "danger "and abortions which is a state issue?

Funny, that you say "most women don't appreciate government trying to control their lives" but forcing drugs on people with lies and coercion is very much accepted in the Democrat world. Thanks for the laugh.

Is not really about lies or controlling people because Democrats do the same thing they attack Republicans with, "control". Between the 2, the Democrat party is the party of bigger government and more control. That is a fact.

Doesn't matter how funny you think something is.
Abortion will kill it for the republicans in many of the close races.
And it has nothing to do with covid shots - really, people don't care about that. Conflate it all you want - that argument does not resonate.

And as far as lies - sure I get both sides do it. But to have Donald trump, at a campaign rally this weekend, say outright that an opponent uses illegal drugs, including heroin, cocaine, crystal meth, and ultra lethal fentanyl....
Is just beyond little lies. You don't think lies like that, horrible personal attacks, makes moderates voters cringe?
what do democrats say that is equally as untrue and awful about an opposing candidate?
And to try to get people not to vote for the guy - that is not reading the room.
This is the definition of what to do to blow and election.

Old 09-06-2022, 02:12 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Says the person who told us she would vote for a balloon on a stick as long as it had an R after the name. This, folks, is MAGA.
Nah, we’ve just seen the countless debacles that Dems and Sleepy Joe have created over the last 17+ months due to voting with hurt feelings. Aghan debacle, skyrocketing Bidenflation and violent crime, border crisis, etc…, and let’s not forget war. When I fuel my vehicles I can’t help but be reminded of the war on fossil fuels, ridiculous prices, and especially Sleepy Joe buying Putins oil, and then Putin attacking for a second time while Sleepy Joe’s in office, and obviously using the money to help fund his war. What an absolute dullard along with being a demented old fool. But hey, no mean tweets.

Last edited by erieguy; 09-06-2022 at 02:28 PM..

Old 09-06-2022, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Doesn't matter how funny you think something is.
Abortion will kill it for the republicans in many of the close races.
And it has nothing to do with covid shots - really, people don't care about that. Conflate it all you want - that argument does not resonate.

And as far as lies - sure I get both sides do it. But to have Donald trump, at a campaign rally this weekend, say outright that an opponent uses illegal drugs, including heroin, cocaine, crystal meth, and ultra lethal fentanyl....
Is just beyond little lies. You don't think lies like that, horrible personal attacks, makes moderates voters cringe?
what do democrats say that is equally as untrue and awful about an opposing candidate?
And to try to get people not to vote for the guy - that is not reading the room.
This is the definition of what to do to blow and election.
That's your wishful thinking. Since abortion is a state issue, Republicans will adjust to the state electorate on abortion since many other things are on the table in every election. Republicans will bend and not break depending on the state. I really doubt Democrats will turn red states blue and the purple states the Republicans can run with legal but regulated after a period. Germany and many European countries have a 12 week limit and I don't see people accusing Germany of being anti-women or oppressive.

Again, that's your opinion that you don't care but many including myself care about a federal government that lied and bullied over year about forcing drugs on citizens. If they do that with drugs, imagine what else they will do. I don't know what is your line in the sand but to me that would be it.

You don't have a problem with lies. You have a problem which sides does it. What is worse than lying for over a year about forcing drugs on citizens, wars and recession and changing the definition of recession. Those lies to me is by far more troubling that affects millions of people than calling a candidate a drug addict which you refuse to apply the same standards on the many personal attacks the left does to Trump since 2016.

So you are saying calling Trump a criminal, traitor, Russian asset, racist and the list is long is acceptable but calling an opponent a drug addict is were you draw the line. We passed that line of respect in politics a long time ago but for you to act that is only coming from Trump is disingenuous.

Old 09-07-2022, 08:12 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
That's your wishful thinking. Since abortion is a state issue, Republicans will adjust to the state electorate on abortion since many other things are on the table in every election. Republicans will bend and not break depending on the state. I really doubt Democrats will turn red states blue and the purple states the Republicans can run with legal but regulated after a period. Germany and many European countries have a 12 week limit and I don't see people accusing Germany of being anti-women or oppressive.

Again, that's your opinion that you don't care but many including myself care about a federal government that lied and bullied over year about forcing drugs on citizens. If they do that with drugs, imagine what else they will do. I don't know what is your line in the sand but to me that would be it.

You don't have a problem with lies. You have a problem which sides does it. What is worse than lying for over a year about forcing drugs on citizens, wars and recession and changing the definition of recession. Those lies to me is by far more troubling that affects millions of people than calling a candidate a drug addict which you refuse to apply the same standards on the many personal attacks the left does to Trump since 2016.

So you are saying calling Trump a criminal, traitor, Russian asset, racist and the list is long is acceptable but calling an opponent a drug addict is were you draw the line. We passed that line of respect in politics a long time ago but for you to act that is only coming from Trump is disingenuous.

The problems Republicans will face on the abortion issue (aside from how far they try to push it) is the very fact they believe a Women's Rights issue should be left to the states to decide upon in the first place.

Old 09-07-2022, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The problems Republicans will face on the abortion issue (aside from how far they try to push it) is the very fact they believe a Women's Rights issue should be left to the states to decide upon in the first place.

Is that what you call it? People deciding the issue. Absurd.

Old 09-07-2022, 08:43 AM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Is that what you call it? People deciding the issue. Absurd.
It isn't an issue for people or states to decide. It is an issue for a woman and her doctor to decide. Perhaps you disagree with that and think it should be up to the states. You are entitled to your opinion, and I'm entitled to mine, but that is why it is a losing issue for the GOP right now. Is it enough to outweigh or counter balance some of the other issues, such as inflation? That remains to be seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections