Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2022, 09:56 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,493,228 times

Advertisements

If Fetterman dies in the next few days then the Dem governor could say who he would appoint to fill the vacancy. That may be the Dems' best chance of winning.

Old 10-01-2022, 10:06 PM

13,460 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
When was the last time you were in Braddock?

And where is your medical degree from again?

I was never in most small towns in the country but I know how to read data and numbers.
You don't need a medical degree to know that if you refuse to take your medication, your doctor's recommendations and refuse to see your doctor for 5 years to follow up your on your heart condition, you caused the negative consequences and put your family in a bad spot. Do you understand what is a stroke and the consequences for the person and family that has to take care of the person?

You don't need to be a car mechanic to know that if you refuse to change the oil, correct oil type,put the correct fuel, the liquids, the brakes, the tires when it demands it you caused whatever comes including death of the car, accidents and even death or deaths.

Any more questions?

Old 10-02-2022, 01:33 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I was never in most small towns in the country but I know how to read data and numbers.
You don't need a medical degree to know that if you refuse to take your medication, your doctor's recommendations and refuse to see your doctor for 5 years to follow up your on your heart condition, you caused the negative consequences and put your family in a bad spot. Do you understand what is a stroke and the consequences for the person and family that has to take care of the person?

You don't need to be a car mechanic to know that if you refuse to change the oil, correct oil type,put the correct fuel, the liquids, the brakes, the tires when it demands it you caused whatever comes including death of the car, accidents and even death or deaths.

Any more questions?
Only one:

That's the most pertinent question of the two you were asked. If you know how Braddock feels about Fetterman, then you know how Pennsylvania feels about him. His medical condition may not be as important as you think it is to the Pennsylvanian voters.

Old 10-02-2022, 11:23 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
if you refuse to take your medication, your doctor's recommendations and refuse to see your doctor for 5 years to follow up your on your heart condition, you caused the negative consequences and put your family in a bad spot.
Wait ... you've been opining all this time that his stroke was caused by drug abuse. Now you've changed your tune? Make up your mind.

Old 10-02-2022, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Only one:

That's the most pertinent question of the two you were asked. If you know how Braddock feels about Fetterman, then you know how Pennsylvania feels about him. His medical condition may not be as important as you think it is to the Pennsylvanian voters.

So you have to live in a town to know it was poorly run? Fetterman has a fan club of a lot of people who aren’t in Braddock. He always was unopposed in the general election in that town.

If you think a stoke isn't important then it says more about you and you will vote for anybody with a D.

Old 10-02-2022, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Wait ... you've been opining all this time that his stroke was caused by drug abuse. Now you've changed your tune? Make up your mind.
I didn't change anything. You are pretending his stroke fell out of the sky. Why doesn't he releases his medical record?
One more time, if your doctor says you have to take your heart and high blood pressure medications everyday, lose weight, eat healthy, exercise and follow up with her every 2 to 3 months and you refuse for 5 years then you caused your own stroke. If he can't follow simple instructions about his life, what makes you think he is U.S. Senator caliber and take on more complicated things on others?

Old 10-02-2022, 02:00 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
So you have to live in a town to know it was poorly run? Fetterman has a fan club of a lot of people who aren’t in Braddock. He always was unopposed in the general election in that town.

If you think a stoke isn't important then it says more about you and you will vote for anybody with a D.
...to answer your question; Yes. I believe you have to live in a town to know how well or poorly it is run. Living is the only sure way to discern the truth of such a subtle question as yours is. It's first-hand knowledge that tells the truth.

Do you know anything about Braddock that's first-hand information? Did your statement that it was poorly run come from personal observation?

If you haven't been there, why do you think I need to have been there?

If your second-hand information is true, then so is mine. And if we believe it is true, we are both chumps that have swallowed lies that are only empty sweetness.

Do you really need the comfort of lies to hold you together?

Here's a deal:
If you quit trying to put words in my mouth, I'll won't put words in your mouth.

Old 10-02-2022, 10:55 PM

1,839 posts, read 677,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Excellent post! I would add a couple comments. Fetterman also has an MBA from the University of Connecticut. He worked for two years as a risk-management writer at Chubb & Son after he got his MBA. He decided to leave that job and become a social worker taking an AmeriCorps service job with the Hill House Association in Pittsburgh.

I question everything about Oz's political beliefs. I question how long he has held the views he expresses now that he is running for the Senate. He reminds me of J. D. Vance. With no political experience, Dr. Oz saw an opening for a Senate seat when Pat Toomey said he wouldn't run for reelection and Sean Parnell, the leading Republican candidate at the time, had to withdraw from the race because of had been accused by his estranged wife of spousal and child abuse. Dr. Oz saw the opening and saw that openly supported Trump's beliefs, he could get his endorsement. With the almost $14M in personal loans and contributions from his wife’s wealthy family, the owners and heirs to the Asplundh Tree Expert company, Dr. Oz was set to start his campaign.

Dr. Oz got bored as a cardiothoracic surgeon. He became bored as a snake oil salesman on TV. Not he wants tor try as a new career as a Senator from a state that just happened to have an opening even though he didn't live there.
What I find strange is that Oz gave up his lucrative show where he made much more money than what a Senator salary would be for him.

If he loses, he is damaged goods to return to the media world. I’m not sure if Fox would want him.

If he got bored of the show’s format, he could have shaped it to be the conservative daytime show against The View on Fox and Sinclair stations. He would have a lot of influence having more conservative politicians, with a mix of health segments in lieu of celebrity segments

If he wins the Senate Seat, he will just be 1/100 votes, and aided heavily by Trump’s endorsement, and McConnell’s Senate Leadership Fund money in ads. Not all that influential really. When Hillary Clinton carpet-bagged for NY, she chose a safe blue state, and it was just a stepping stone so that she could be experienced to run for President. For Oz, carpet bagging to PA seems like a less of a reward.

I just watched the Wegner crudités video of Oz. Fetterman should just play this over and over in the Philly market. The Oz on his abortion views ads are getting redundant and likely not influential to men voters. It seems both Oz and Fetterman want the upper income swing voters in the Main Line suburbs, that have shifted left, and these voters are likely the Wegmans shoppers.

Last edited by g555; 10-02-2022 at 11:05 PM..

Old 10-02-2022, 11:11 PM

13,262 posts, read 7,312,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g555 View Post
What I find strange is that Oz gave up his lucrative show where he made much more money than what a Senator salary would be for him.

If he loses, he is damaged goods to return to the media world. I’m not sure if Fox would want him.

If he got bored of the show’s format, he could have shaped it to be the conservative daytime show against The View on Fox and Sinclair stations. He would have a lot of influence having more conservative politicians, with a mix of health segments in lieu of celebrity segments

If he wins the Senate Seat, he will just be 1/100 votes. Not all that influential really. When Hillary Clinton carpet-bagged for NY, she chose a safe blue state, and it was just a stepping stone so that she could be experienced to run for President. For Oz, carpet bagging to PA seems like a less of a reward.

I just watched the Wegner crudités video of Oz. Fetterman should just play this over and over in the Philly market. The Oz on his abortion views ads are getting bored and likely not influential to men voters. It seems both Oz and Fetterman want the upper income swing voters in the Main Line suburbs and these voters are the Wegmans shopper.
OZ retired from his show and medicine he had his show for many years I can't imagine how much work it was to do both he is 62 years old.

I think he would have done better in NJ, or NY where he is more well known. Even as a moderate democrat or moderate Republican in NJ not sure one could get elected in NY as a senator.

I think OZ would be the better choice but it's an uphill battle in a statewide election for a republican in PA. I don't really consider OZ a Tinfoil hat spouting conspiracies about the election. That's all care about is politicians don't meddle in elections like Trump wants them to.

Now on the other hand Mastriano hopefully he doesn't get elected polling shows Shapiro with a solid 10% lead. Shapiro doesn't have any of the issues Fetterman has.

Old 10-03-2022, 03:52 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Dr. Oz versus John Fetterman

Why do the MAGA Republicans in support of Mehmet OZ continually call a downtrodden Pennsylvania town of 2,000 people lousy? Why do they repeatedly call John Fetterman a clown for stepping up to serve as mayor, when the people of that town, in which he lived & worked, asked him to do so? Why are they again and again shaming the people of Braddock and demeaning a guy who spent 13 years working to help rebuild a community down on its luck since the decline of the steel industry?

By the way John Fetterman and his family continue to live in that town as he serves the folks of Braddock and all of Pennsylvania in his current capacity as Lieutenant-Governor. I know Braddock, and many of the other devastated communities that dot the map of Pennsylvania. John Fetterman does as well. Mehmet Oz does not; nor does he show any inclination to understand them or appear to have any actual policy plans or proposals to adequately represent them.

The usual GOP political tactics are at work in this thread. You know, call a town and its people lousy. Throw some out of context data around to scare voters, and falsely over and over tell people all their anger & grievances--- about their very own lot in life---are the fault of the Democratic candidate who rolled up his sleeves to assist when needed.

Mehmet Oz has been very good at telling we Pennsylvanians what is wrong with us and our "lousy" towns and our communities; happy to tell Pennsylvania women it is criminal for demanding the right to governance over our own bodies; eager to deny the 2020 election, the nation's foundational principle of democracy and the POTUS who our state selected. But does he want to join us and work with all of us? The clear answer I see is a resounding NO!

Oz and his supporters on this thread have been very consistent with their attempt to shame and blame voters and the Democratic candidate, John Fetterman, who has consistently been a part of working toward solutions for the problems of Pennsylvanians. They offer nothing that shows us Oz is the right fit for Pennsylvania. I am going to go out on a limb here and suggest that is due to the fact that MAGA Republican Mehmet Oz has nothing meaningful to offer. They know he has no solutions, potions or lotions that Pennsylvanians want to purchase.

Distract & deflect, same old same old: A Republican senatorial candidate running on crime when his own political party has consistently voted against anti-gun violence measures, crime prevention legislation and actual funding of the police.

"Inflame, shame and blame" is the name of the game in the quest for votes & MAGA Republican power in D.C. This is the GOP MO that we are seeing in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in this midterm election, IMO. A deliberate effort at exacerbation of problems, rather than meaningful work toward solving them.

Both candidates have shown us who they are. I like Fetterman's chances here in the Keystone State.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 10-03-2022 at 04:33 AM.. Reason: grammar correction...sentence addition for clarity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections