Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2022, 12:32 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,670,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I know TDS makes people be all over the place since their #1 issue is to hate Trump and anybody he endorses but David McCormick is a W Bush Republican, pro China, pro outsourcing and pro endless wars. He supports TPP. He supported Jeb Bush in 2016, so he is neo con that wants to return the party to the Bush doctrine.

You as a Democrat, I find it funny and hypocritical that you would embrace a neo con and say McCormick is a better candidate because Trump endorsed the other guy and you hate Trump. On what issues?

Democrats lost their minds when they now embrace neo cons and endless wars and the establishment.
I'm a Republican and voted for McCormick in the primary. I would never vote for a criminal like Trump. Best not to make assumptions!

Old 09-30-2022, 12:53 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
There is no question that at one time Dr. Oz was a top cardiothoracic surgeon, author, professor emeritus and vice chair of his department at Columbia University, triple board certified, authored hundreds of peer-reviewed articles and been awarded several patents. But since 2009, his main occupation has been a TV show with subject matter is not supported by published studies and more than half of the recommendations on his shows contradicted medical research.

The American Medical Association’s code of ethics discourages physicians from selling or being paid to endorse any health products beyond medication. Oz has long used his TV show to hawk specific products, though he has claimed in the past that he has never personally profited from that activity. Dr. Oz is a snake-oil salesman who has built his TV career and fortune by preying on people's frustration with the medical industry. He has abused his position of respect as a doctor to harm others for his own enrichment.

Dr. Oz's pseudoscience has caused him to be criticized by the medical community and before Congress. See the following articles:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6167233/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffber...h=4bd4ac151162

https://www.businessinsider.com/medi...atments-2022-8

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...r-or-a-doctor/

https://journalofethics.ama-assn.org...n-work/2017-02

https://www.sciencealert.com/Trump-d...tific-evidence

https://www.vox.com/2015/4/16/842386...etter-columbia

https://www.bmj.com/content/349/bmj.g7346

Dr. Oz saw an opportunity to win a Senate seat by taking advantage of his celebrity status and pledging allegiance to Donald Trump. His name recognition and Trump's endorsement won him the Republican nomination over a much more qualified candidate in David McCormick even though he didn't live in PA. He fooled Republican voters in the primary, don't let him fool all PA voters in November.
Wow, lots of deflection and strawman arguments, especially bringing McCormick in. Still haven’t heard why he can’t be a great politician for PA?

McCormick conceded early. Perhaps he had a change of heart in becoming Senator.

Quote:
I know TDS makes people be all over the place since their #1 issue is to hate Trump and anybody he endorses but David McCormick is a W Bush Republican, pro China, pro outsourcing and pro endless wars. He supports TPP. He supported Jeb Bush in 2016, so he is neo con that wants to return the party to the Bush doctrine.

You as a Democrat, I find it funny and hypocritical that you would embrace a neo con and say McCormick is a better candidate because Trump endorsed the other guy and you hate Trump. On what issues?

Democrats lost their minds when they now embrace neo cons and endless wars and the establishment.
Bingo

Quote:
I'm a Republican and voted for McCormick in the primary. I would never vote for a criminal like Trump. Best not to make assumptions!
Very easy to not believe such a statement, especially when you defend and agree with most everything Dems do.

Old 09-30-2022, 01:24 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
You were going to vote for Fetterwoman even if McCormick had won. So spare us.

Old 09-30-2022, 01:57 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,670,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Amazing that you can predict who I'm going to vote for before I decide. There have been numerous times I have waited until the last moment to make a decision for whom I'm going to vote. It wasn't until Trump came along that the decision was easy.

Old 09-30-2022, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Bingo

Old 09-30-2022, 04:37 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:

Trump has never been criminal indicted or convicted, so your mind is deep with wishful thinking. So you are a neo con for the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and more endless calling Americans "criminals"? LOL

So you are a Republican repeating the Democrat talking points? Got it!

Old 09-30-2022, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Trump has never been criminal indicted or convicted, so your mind is deep with wishful thinking. So you are a neo con for the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and more endless calling Americans "criminals"? LOL

So you are a Republican repeating the Democrat talking points? Got it!
Bingo…and they’ve been repeating the Dem talking points for years

Old 09-30-2022, 05:43 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,711,302 times
GOP Senate candidate Oz is a forced-birth extremist and an election denier. Dr. Oz, who wants to represent Pennsylvania in the U.S. Senate, says all abortions are murder.

The current Senate minority is counting on Oz to help them pass their long sought federal abortion ban. The Republicans have stated their intent to criminalize women’s health freedom and arrest doctors & nurses for providing basic care.

Given the opportunity, Dr. Oz and his Republican pals in the Senate will enact a federally mandated regime of forced birth in the USA. American women and the men who care about them are counting on Pennsylvania to help prevent this radical extremism.

Another delusional conspiratorialist and reactionary right-wing senator will not be good for Pennsylvania or the USA.

Old 09-30-2022, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
GOP Senate candidate Oz is a forced-birth extremist and an election denier. Dr. Oz, who wants to represent Pennsylvania in the U.S. Senate, says all abortions are murder.

The current Senate minority is counting on Oz to help them pass their long sought federal abortion ban. The Republicans have stated their intent to criminalize women’s health freedom and arrest doctors & nurses for providing basic care.

Given the opportunity, Dr. Oz and his Republican pals in the Senate will enact a federally mandated regime of forced birth in the USA. American women and the men who care about them are counting on Pennsylvania to help prevent this radical extremism.

Another delusional conspiratorialist and reactionary right-wing senator will not be good for Pennsylvania or the USA.
And contrary to your belief, there’s a lot of folks that agree with him, and they’re not extremists like you assume they are…and you’re pulling the D lever no matter who the Dem candidate is, even freeloading Fetterman that was a lousy mayor of still a lousy area, yet folks think he could represent an entire state, even in the condition he’s in after his stroke, lol.

Old 09-30-2022, 06:16 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Underreported Data Suggests Victory for GOP in PA Suburbs
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...s__148257.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections