Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2022, 06:21 PM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
And contrary to your belief, there’s a lot of folks that agree with him, and they’re not extremists like you assume they are…and you’re pulling the D lever no matter who the Dem candidate is, even freeloading Fetterman that was a lousy mayor of still a lousy area, yet folks think he could represent an entire state, even in the condition he’s in after his stroke, lol.

Extremist is just another overused Dem attack label which will backfire and upset some voters.

Not unlike what happened in Virginia where suburban voters didn't like being labeled as racist for challenging CRT in the classroom.

Old 09-30-2022, 06:28 PM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Fetterman is a LOON. Oz is an MD media guy. Not thrilled with him but guess what? Don't vote for the Fasco-Communist loon.

Old 09-30-2022, 06:52 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,219,394 times
This race is an example of the fact that we need a serious overhaul. Voters shouldn't have to choose between these two or a third party/write in candidate with no hope of success.

Old 10-01-2022, 04:17 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
And contrary to your belief, there’s a lot of folks that agree with him, and they’re not extremists like you assume they are…and you’re pulling the D lever no matter who the Dem candidate is, even freeloading Fetterman that was a lousy mayor of still a lousy area, yet folks think he could represent an entire state, even in the condition he’s in after his stroke, lol.
With all due respect, erieguy, there are a few things you've twisted that demand clarification:

I don't believe there aren't a lot of folks that agree with Mehmet Oz. That's a silly assumption you've made. Oz the GOP candidate for senator obviously wouldn't have won the primary over several other Republicans if he didn't have lots of voters.

Oz's stance on women's reproductive rights and his position denying the results of the 2020 election are indeed extreme. They are radical reactionary right wing political positions. It is you who appears to claim all of his supporters are extremists, not I. Why is that?

If I do or don't pull the D lever is another of your puzzling assumptive & distractive accusations, and not relative to the qualifications of each of these candidates vying for the right to represent Pennsylvania in the U.S. Senate. Why is that?

So back to the topic of Oz & Fetterman the candidates and their positions and qualifications.

The Republicans of Pennsylvania selected Mehmet Oz a former cardiac surgeon--- from Harvard & U Penn--- turned television hawker of “miracle” diet products, and champion of several discredited pseudoscience COVID treatments. He is a forced birther and election denier, who works in New York and resides in New Jersey. He was raised in Ohio, the son of a cardiologist. Oh, and he is married to the Asplundh heiress worth about $3B. I bring that up because some on this thread inaccurately believe the amount of money someone has amassed is equal to success and it therefore makes them eminently qualified for governing. Oz has not yet settled on his actual platform outside of questioning the 2020 election, tax breaks for upper income earners and aligning himself with the GOP movement which is cruelly indifferent to the women of this country.

The Democratic primary voters selected our current Lieutenant-Governor John Fetterman, a lifelong Pennsylvanian who earned an advanced degree in Public Policy from Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government. He worked for AmeriCorps for many years setting up GED programs in downtrodden neighborhoods and communities around Pittsburgh. Was asked to run for mayor of one of the poorest and most challenged towns in the state. Served for 13 years before being elected to his current position. The issues he runs on are the same issues he’s been working on for the last two decades: women's rights, free and fair elections, rule of law, incarceration honesty and educational sanity. I have no knowledge of whether his parents helped support his family household expenses when he was mayor of Braddock--- a town of 2,000 where the median family income was $23,000---or when he was working for AmeriCorps teaching adults how to read & organizing programs to help others obtain their GED. But if they did, it does not seem to me, like some sort of character flaw portrayed by some on this thread. He does look a bit like an unmade bed on the campaign trail, though, but we Pennsylvanians have seen him in cleaned up attire for his office and more formal work.

I like Fetterman's chances. IMO he is a good fit to represent Pennsylvania in the U.S. Senate.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 10-01-2022 at 04:40 AM..

Old 10-01-2022, 09:38 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
I haven’t twisted anything and that’s a whole lot of deflection and strawman arguments, and I never said all of his supporters are extremists, that would be you making an unfounded claim.

It’s not an assumption. You’re pulling the D lever no matter who the candidate is…because Republicans.

Mom and dad supporting Fetterman most all his life has been known for years and proven, you just choose to ignore it. The fact is he’s a freeloader, was a lousy mayor of a still lousy town, defends and enables criminals, promotes free stuff, dresses like a slob, etc…, and his supporters relate to those things. He’s the definition of low standards….and the idea that he should represent an entire state with so little of accomplishments is great stuff.

Old 10-01-2022, 11:25 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
With all due respect, erieguy, there are a few things you've twisted that demand clarification:

I don't believe there aren't a lot of folks that agree with Mehmet Oz. That's a silly assumption you've made. Oz the GOP candidate for senator obviously wouldn't have won the primary over several other Republicans if he didn't have lots of voters.

Oz's stance on women's reproductive rights and his position denying the results of the 2020 election are indeed extreme. They are radical reactionary right wing political positions. It is you who appears to claim all of his supporters are extremists, not I. Why is that?

If I do or don't pull the D lever is another of your puzzling assumptive & distractive accusations, and not relative to the qualifications of each of these candidates vying for the right to represent Pennsylvania in the U.S. Senate. Why is that?

So back to the topic of Oz & Fetterman the candidates and their positions and qualifications.

The Republicans of Pennsylvania selected Mehmet Oz a former cardiac surgeon--- from Harvard & U Penn--- turned television hawker of “miracle” diet products, and champion of several discredited pseudoscience COVID treatments. He is a forced birther and election denier, who works in New York and resides in New Jersey. He was raised in Ohio, the son of a cardiologist. Oh, and he is married to the Asplundh heiress worth about $3B. I bring that up because some on this thread inaccurately believe the amount of money someone has amassed is equal to success and it therefore makes them eminently qualified for governing. Oz has not yet settled on his actual platform outside of questioning the 2020 election, tax breaks for upper income earners and aligning himself with the GOP movement which is cruelly indifferent to the women of this country.

The Democratic primary voters selected our current Lieutenant-Governor John Fetterman, a lifelong Pennsylvanian who earned an advanced degree in Public Policy from Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government. He worked for AmeriCorps for many years setting up GED programs in downtrodden neighborhoods and communities around Pittsburgh. Was asked to run for mayor of one of the poorest and most challenged towns in the state. Served for 13 years before being elected to his current position. The issues he runs on are the same issues he’s been working on for the last two decades: women's rights, free and fair elections, rule of law, incarceration honesty and educational sanity. I have no knowledge of whether his parents helped support his family household expenses when he was mayor of Braddock--- a town of 2,000 where the median family income was $23,000---or when he was working for AmeriCorps teaching adults how to read & organizing programs to help others obtain their GED. But if they did, it does not seem to me, like some sort of character flaw portrayed by some on this thread. He does look a bit like an unmade bed on the campaign trail, though, but we Pennsylvanians have seen him in cleaned up attire for his office and more formal work.

I like Fetterman's chances. IMO he is a good fit to represent Pennsylvania in the U.S. Senate.
Excellent post! I would add a couple comments. Fetterman also has an MBA from the University of Connecticut. He worked for two years as a risk-management writer at Chubb & Son after he got his MBA. He decided to leave that job and become a social worker taking an AmeriCorps service job with the Hill House Association in Pittsburgh.

I question everything about Oz's political beliefs. I question how long he has held the views he expresses now that he is running for the Senate. He reminds me of J. D. Vance. With no political experience, Dr. Oz saw an opening for a Senate seat when Pat Toomey said he wouldn't run for reelection and Sean Parnell, the leading Republican candidate at the time, had to withdraw from the race because of had been accused by his estranged wife of spousal and child abuse. Dr. Oz saw the opening and saw that openly supported Trump's beliefs, he could get his endorsement. With the almost $14M in personal loans and contributions from his wife’s wealthy family, the owners and heirs to the Asplundh Tree Expert company, Dr. Oz was set to start his campaign.

Dr. Oz got bored as a cardiothoracic surgeon. He became bored as a snake oil salesman on TV. Not he wants tor try as a new career as a Senator from a state that just happened to have an opening even though he didn't live there.

Old 10-01-2022, 06:13 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post

Want to lay some money on this?

Old 10-01-2022, 06:35 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Excellent post! I would add a couple comments. Fetterman also has an MBA from the University of Connecticut. He worked for two years as a risk-management writer at Chubb & Son after he got his MBA. He decided to leave that job and become a social worker taking an AmeriCorps service job with the Hill House Association in Pittsburgh.

I guess if you repeat b.s. over and over you tend do believe it. All you have to do with Fetterman is look at his lousy record as mayor from 2006-2019. Economy got worse and crime got worse. He left that town a mess.

He didn't have much power as LT. Governor but use his position as a bully and activist to pardon criminals back to the streets. This clown is dangerous with power.

Old 10-01-2022, 09:24 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Apply that question to Fattermen that caused his own stroke and ruined a little town. He has bad ideas after bad ideas.
When was the last time you were in Braddock?

And where is your medical degree from again?

Old 10-01-2022, 09:27 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
When was the last time you were in Braddock?

And where is your medical degree from again?
Very little reason to go to Braddock. It’s a dumpy area.

It doesn’t take a medical degree to see that he sounds even more of a dullard than usual and uses his health excuse not to debate until after mail in voting starts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections