Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2022, 10:35 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,914,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugwort87 View Post
I think so too. John Fetterman is the man, the real deal. Oz is an interloper with looks to me with ties to the govt. of Turkey. Plus there's his history of plugging questionable health products and the dastardly deed of shopping at "Wegners" Seriously note I hold no negative feelings for the Turkish people. Its the leaders I distrust. Here's some really positive information on Fetterman fromhttps://thephiladelphiacitizen.org/john-fetterman-pennsylvania/

Its to me quite impressive. Lt. Gov. John Fetterman is the one for me and every other voter who wants fairness, progressive and a truly caring leader.
Recurrent troll alert.

Old 10-04-2022, 12:01 AM

13,278 posts, read 7,316,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Will the Reps still vote for a puppy killer Oz?
Just read the details on this keeping dogs alive that were suffering to run scientific tests on them.

"Methods used by the lab—where Oz took "full scientific, administrative, and fiscal responsibility for the conduct" of the studies he led—violated the Animal Welfare Act, according to testimony given in 2005 by Catherine Dell'Orto, a veterinarian who worked there. According to Dell'Orto, dogs who were experiencing painful medical conditions including vomiting, paralysis, and kidney failure were kept alive for days and even weeks so Oz's team could experiment on them. The Republican candidate also led an experiment in which the team injected expired drugs into the hearts of a litter of puppies without using sedation, killing them."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...animal-testing

Old 10-04-2022, 02:49 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I agree his appearance is (or was) a key selling point. However, claiming to be down with the working class while having mom/dads checkbook just a phone call away I suspect won't fly with many voters.
A guy who owns 8 homes is a hero to the working class? To Oz`s credit, most of his homes are in the United Staes.

Old 10-04-2022, 05:33 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times
So, it's a character flaw if Fetterman accepts financial assistance from his parents for household expenses while mayor of downtrodden Braddock--- a town of 2,000 where the median family income is $22,000; or when he was working for AmeriCorps teaching adults how to read & organizing programs to help others obtain their GED.

But, when Mehmet OZ is supported by his cardiologist father as his parents gave him his Ivy League med school education it is virtuous????

So, a disgraced & discredited former thoracic surgeon & television hawker of “miracle” diet products & pseudoscience COVID treatments, married to an heiress of $3billion, is deemed a wild and wonderful success.

But, when another Ivy League educated man, (Public Policy from Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government), named Fetterman, chose to put his talents and soul into rebuilding a devastated community he is judged a failure? He is deemed ineffective for creating a community center, urban gardens, and a free store for the people of his diminished town, where he still lives? His political opponents smear him as a dullard because he developed programs that send disadvantaged youth to college?? He is called a do-nothing clown because as mayor he helped his community bring blocks of the town back to life??? Because our current Lieutenant-Governor didn't amass a fortune while working for Pennsylvanians, he is falsely assessed as unsuccessful????

The hypocrisy and mendacity run deep and redundantly on this thread taken over by those who are trying to foist Dr. OZ, a forced-birth extremist and election denier, on the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Their clear and obvious agenda is to place a MAGA Republican in the U.S. Senate to advance the goals of the GOP. By contrast we native Pennsylvanians supporting John Fetterman desire a senator who is running on the same issues he's valued for the past 2 decades: Pennsylvania jobs & businesses, women's rights, free and fair elections, rule of law, incarceration honesty and educational sanity.

I have hope that truth, facts and decency will prevail at the ballot box even though it is sorely lacking in this thread.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 10-04-2022 at 06:10 AM..

Old 10-04-2022, 05:35 AM

24,640 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
A choice between a sorta-smelly candidate and a total five-alarm dumpster fire. Sadly, all too common these days. You've just got to hold your nose and vote.
Can't argue with that assessment.

Old 10-04-2022, 06:05 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,710,487 times

Our commonwealth's lieutenant-governor, John Fetterman, seen above while at work and doing his job for we Pennsylvanians, does indeed wear comfortable clothing while campaigning and visiting his constituents in their backyards and neighborhoods. The sentient men and women of Pennsylvania do not lose sleep over this wholly Republican perceived character flaw.

Old 10-04-2022, 06:09 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
The race being so tight shows what an incompetent clown Fetterman is. Imagine a meanie Republican carpetbagger drawing so much interest to represent PA….but nothing those of us in the Pittsburgh area didn’t already know about Fetterman.

Old 10-04-2022, 09:02 AM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
A guy who owns 8 homes is a hero to the working class? To Oz`s credit, most of his homes are in the United Staes.
The MSM hasn't been attempting to sell Oz as your everyday Joe.

Last edited by john3232; 10-04-2022 at 09:46 AM..

Old 10-04-2022, 09:11 AM

13,754 posts, read 8,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
So, it's a character flaw if Fetterman accepts financial assistance from his parents for household expenses while mayor of downtrodden Braddock--- a town of 2,000 where the median family income is $22,000; or when he was working for AmeriCorps teaching adults how to read & organizing programs to help others obtain their GED.

But, when Mehmet OZ is supported by his cardiologist father as his parents gave him his Ivy League med school education it is virtuous????

So, a disgraced & discredited former thoracic surgeon & television hawker of “miracle” diet products & pseudoscience COVID treatments, married to an heiress of $3billion, is deemed a wild and wonderful success.

But, when another Ivy League educated man, (Public Policy from Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government), named Fetterman, chose to put his talents and soul into rebuilding a devastated community he is judged a failure? He is deemed ineffective for creating a community center, urban gardens, and a free store for the people of his diminished town, where he still lives? His political opponents smear him as a dullard because he developed programs that send disadvantaged youth to college?? He is called a do-nothing clown because as mayor he helped his community bring blocks of the town back to life??? Because our current Lieutenant-Governor didn't amass a fortune while working for Pennsylvanians, he is falsely assessed as unsuccessful????

The hypocrisy and mendacity run deep and redundantly on this thread taken over by those who are trying to foist Dr. OZ, a forced-birth extremist and election denier, on the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Their clear and obvious agenda is to place a MAGA Republican in the U.S. Senate to advance the goals of the GOP. By contrast we native Pennsylvanians supporting John Fetterman desire a senator who is running on the same issues he's valued for the past 2 decades: Pennsylvania jobs & businesses, women's rights, free and fair elections, rule of law, incarceration honesty and educational sanity.

I have hope that truth, facts and decency will prevail at the ballot box even though it is sorely lacking in this thread.
Not a character flaw but let's be clear most working class can't depend on their parents to help cover their bills in a time of need. A huge difference between Fetterman and say myself for example.

I own seven single family homes, have a pretty penny in the bank and didn't come from money. My father died decades ago and my mother had just enough to cover her own bills. There was no one to bail me out if I miscalculated. Fetterman is playing the role of working class but anyone who has lived paycheck to paycheck knows he's bull****ting. Mom/dad have always been there to help bail him out financially.

Old 10-04-2022, 11:12 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
A lot has been said about Fetterman's appearance.
For sure, he does look like a slob, wearing a hoodie and gym shorts and sneakers, with tattoos on both arms, and choosing to live in a dump of a city.

But Fetterman looks like his voters. He talks like them, acts like them, and shares their troubles. He comes from their roots not from heritage but by choice. He lives in a worn down house after taking a leadership job no one wanted.
He's no phony. If he loses, he'll stay right where he is and carry on.
...and he's no fly-in carpetbagger. He was born in Pennsylvania, and he could have made a different life in another state or in a wealthier Pennsylvanian city.
His folks come from a working blue-collar family. They were both only 19 when John was born. Fetterman is no phony.
He could have been another blue-collar Millionaire's kid who joined the family business and skates through his life, lounging around the Country Club swimming pool.
And at first, he was going to be that guy. But when his best friend died young, and left nothing behind, Fetterman decided he needed to do something that had some lasting importance to others in his life.

So he took on Braddock, a town that was dying, because it was the hardest job he could undertake.The biggest challenges always have the greatest rewards when they're attempted.

if he had to have his parent's financial help, so what? Thousands of his voters are getting help from Mom and Dad these days. No one criticizes them for it either- hard times hit everyone a lot lately.

He's also very internet savvy, and knows how to take command in a room full of very important people. While he looks like a slob, Fetterman speaks like the highly educated guy he is. His concerns for the common man are genuine, and his people know he's the real deal.

His appearance is his biggest asset. If a Pennsylvania voter feels like he's being neglected in Washington by his well dressed average indifferent Senator, Fetterman is his guy. To them, he's coolest politician ever.

At 6 feet 9 inches tall, big as a house, bald, jug-eared, and as ugly as an ogre, Fetterman could go to the Senate dressed in a fashionable suit and still look like a working slob, straight off the street, uncomfortable as hell in his suit.
And would still stand out so much all eyes would be on him all the time.
Where are you from? I'm from a blue-collar neighborhood in the middle of Pittsburgh, and your assessment sounds way off to me. Most people from my neighborhood would say that Fetterman looks like an alternative-freaky type person, not your standard working man. He looks like the exact opposite of what you claim, if anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections