Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:22 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,897,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
If you live long enough, you'll get there too. And, the next generation may well be telling you then that you generally suck.
....ah, irony
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2008, 11:36 PM

714 posts, read 1,539,184 times
Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com

Old 11-19-2008, 12:10 AM

2,195 posts, read 3,639,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
I think we should have that link posted in at least 20 more threads.

After all, we may not have all seen it. Boy, it sure is a good thing we have that fair and balanced reporting going on out there!

Old 11-19-2008, 12:13 AM

5 posts, read 12,693 times
Default Not a quote

Unfortunately, that is not an exact quote from his book. It is more jibberjabber talking point baloney for people who can't think for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Terrorist symathizer? Could be. Quote from his book:

From Audacity of Hope:'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:33 AM

714 posts, read 1,539,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
I think we should have that link posted in at least 20 more threads.

After all, we may not have all seen it. Boy, it sure is a good thing we have that fair and balanced reporting going on out there!
I don't doubt it....It's just so funny that these people were so serious.....I just keep

I'm def. not surprised.....it's kinda funny though

I'm sure there are some crafty people somewhere creating some tapes about McCain voters, but OOO it will be fake I'm sure

Old 11-19-2008, 12:37 AM

998 posts, read 1,513,518 times
I find it very strange that many of the people gloating over that poll video seem to use strings of emoticons and talk about how funny it is.

What's up with that?

Old 11-19-2008, 12:43 AM

2,195 posts, read 3,639,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieuk View Post
I don't doubt it....It's just so funny that these people were so serious.....I just keep

I'm def. not surprised.....it's kinda funny though

I'm sure there are some crafty people somewhere creating some tapes about McCain voters, but OOO it will be fake I'm sure
It doesn't need to be fake. It only has to be selective in what footage it shows. There was a story done, a couple months ago, about a town in Ohio. The people there (well over half) believed that Obama is a Muslim.

I've had folks I work with tell me about how "He has a flag of Cuba, instead of a flag of the United States." And some of my townspeople... *shakes head*

Then again, one of my former students contacted me for a reality check:
"Is there any reason to think President Bush might declare martial law and block the election so Obama doesn't get elected?"

We talked about why that was not going to happen. She asked about the Executive Order he signed, and I explained about the ones signed by Clinton, Bush 1, Reagan, and Carter. She asked about the troops assigned to be trained for domestic deployment - and I ran the numbers for her, in terms of national coverage by a mere 10,000 troops.

But... she is so far AHEAD of the others, because at least she asked!

Old 11-19-2008, 03:59 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma3.0 View Post
You are not making very many friends original poster.

And if we've learned anything by all this, it is that the desire for popularity trumps all rational reasoning.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:15 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
And if we've learned anything by all this, it is that the desire for popularity trumps all rational reasoning.
Or rather that no matter what age group you look at, there are brilliant minds and there are morons.

There's also another lesson to be learned for the older generation. Make sure your children/grandchildren don't find out about how you think their generation is dumb. You might find yourself mighty lonely and out of luck later in life when you need help.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:42 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Blunder after blunder describes the current Idiot in Chief Bush perfectly. Obama will be 100x the leader Bush or Carter were. Clinton being compared to Carter is laughable too. His policies led to the greatest period of economic growth ever. Bush has led us into the worst economic disaster since the GOP lead us into the Great Depression.

His Policies? Oh really?

Shows what you know, or better, what MSNBC and your college professors have told you that you believe. Bill Clinton came into office with an economy already into full recovery which was a real problem for him because he ran on the poor economy.

Young people are IDIOTS!-gdpannualized1_2.png Young people are IDIOTS!-350px-us_unemployment_rates_1950_2005.png Young people are IDIOTS!-consconf.png

Historical Income Tables - People (http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/income/histinc/p01AR.html - broken link)

If it recovered without his help, it would be obvious that he didn't cause it to recover. So Clinton went to the Democrat Congress and begged for a stimulus package that we didn't need. The public saw it for what it was (political payoff to big city mayors for getting his vote out) and his own Democratically controlled Congress wouldn't pass it.

"Later, Clinton unleashed his fury. 'I'm never going to be so vulnerable again', he asserted. 'That bill had too much pork in it', he said"

The Agenda: Inside the Clinton White ... - Google Book Search

In the two years between Cinton's inauguration and the Republican Revolution personal income increased an average of $490/yr. ($156/yr Carter average) which is simply not that impressive considering the recession had peaked under GHWB late in '91. In fact, after recovering through late '91 and all of '92, the economy was right back in the stink bucket in '93 due to a lack of consumer confidence brought about by the Clinton tax increase that raised taxes on individuals making as little as $20,000/yr from 11% to 15%. Consumer confidence would remain low until the elections of '94 that brought in the Republican House and Senate.

Following the Republican's take over of the House and Senate in '95 and until the end of Clinton's presidency, individual incomes rose by and average of $769/yr. led by strong consumer confidence based on tax rate reductions and spending reductions that the Republican controlled Congress had to shut down the government to get. But in the end, it was well worth it because "pay-go" was working and we finally had a balanced budget per the Contract with America. Practically every single reform that Newt Gingrich and the Republican Revolution initiated was opposed by the White House until they worked. Then Clinton took credit for the effects of the policies he fought against.

Prior to GWB taking office, the economy tanked then 9/11 destroyed the economy on a scale never seen in our lifetimes. From '00 to '02 individual income fell an average of $317/yr. Since then incomes have increased an average of $89/yr largely due to increased energy costs, job outsourcing, NAFTA and uncontrolled illegal immigration. All of these trends started under other administrations and are the result of Democrat's desire to place high tax rates on business and oppose domestic energy production. Continuing to place heavy burdens on businesses while ignoring our fundamental energy issues and turning a blind eye to illegal immigration will only make matters worse in years to come.

OK, now prove me wrong cheerleader!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections