Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 04:02 PM

647 posts, read 797,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
^

Beautiful pictures!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yep, as I've thought - everything practically screams of winter sports ( and Winter Olympic games.)
Despite relatively high temperature in the lowlands, there is snowy in Krasnaya Polyana, I watched today its webcam.
??? ?????? ???? - Webcams Sochi | ?????? ? ???? | ????????????????????? ???? | ?????????? ?? ??????? ????

Quote:
Skate carefully - you might be bumping in the palm trees here and there.
I prefer surfing, but thanks! Where in the US are you live? If it's not a secret, of course.

Quote:
P.S. Thank you for the pics - I was never that familiar with that region; here is the question I have - I imagine you've got quite a few new buildings there constructed in the 2000ies.
Do you have anything strange/extravagant in this respect - sort of things like that for example ( disregard the historic (Morozov's) building from 1905 of course,)

or this kind of architecture is purely "Moscow" thing?
Thanks for the link, these buildings are awesome! The "ship-house" is awful and beautiful at the same time!
Sochi is lucky, because no one city in Russia got so huge money for the modernization of its infrastructure as Sochi before the Olympics. Despite many new buildings, the city has old and interesting places as well:
Одноэтажный Сочи / Архитектура Сочи / ПриветСочи.ру

Quote:
P.S. P.S. Oh, by the way I've found one song of A. Vinnitskaya that I actually like -
Wow! I've heard the song a million times, but never knew that sings Vinnitskaya

Quote:
( And while I am on the YouTube - have you seen this?
K. has good sense of humor, so he turned even something as mediocre as "The Mobile Blonds" into something worth watching/listening)
I'm not a fan of K., but I've seen the original clip and now it sounds obviously better. Usually I watch on the YouTube something like that:

Serebro - Mama Luba (Official Video) - YouTube

Last edited by bartonfly; 01-24-2014 at 04:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 06:13 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,388,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartonfly View Post
Thanks

Despite relatively high temperature in the lowlands, there is snowy in Krasnaya Polyana, I watched today its webcam.
??? ?????? ???? - Webcams Sochi | ?????? ? ???? | ????????????????????? ???? | ?????????? ?? ??????? ????

I prefer surfing, but thanks! Where in the US are you live? If it's not a secret, of course.

Thanks for the link, these buildings are awesome! The "ship-house" is awful and beautiful at the same time!
Sochi is lucky, because no one city in Russia got so huge money for the modernization of its infrastructure as Sochi before the Olympics. Despite many new buildings, the city has old and interesting places as well:
Одноэтажный Сочи / Архитектура Сочи / ПриветСочи.Ñ€ ƒ

Wow! I've heard the song a million times, but never knew that sings Vinnitskaya

I'm not a fan of K., but I've seen the original clip and now it sounds obviously better. Usually I watch on the YouTube something like that:

Serebro - Mama Luba (Official Video) - YouTube
That song was pretty catchy but I feel bad for the girl in the backseat, she hardly got any camera time and are Russia music videos always this raunchy? I definitely saw way more underwear than I wanted to. (I'm a female so....)

Old 01-24-2014, 06:42 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
That song was pretty catchy but I feel bad for the girl in the backseat, she hardly got any camera time and are Russia music videos always this raunchy? I definitely saw way more underwear than I wanted to. (I'm a female so....)
You mean, in poor taste? Yes. You'll see underwear even in restaurants, whenever the waitresses have to bend or kneel to get something from a low cupboard, or whatever.

Old 01-24-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Not always, of course, but this is a pretty popular video, and I've seen it on many russian music channels. I didn't know that this is so raunchy for americans. I had to find a more censored version, sorry.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:26 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,813,270 times
Quote:
Yeah they're sexy, but it is kinda a bit overdone, like they're trying to ape a lot of American music videos. But yeah, even in the US or here you see women wearing super short 'dresses' that are really more like singlets haha.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:35 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times
Quote:
Not always, of course, but this is a pretty popular video, and I've seen it on many russian music channels. I didn't know that this is so raunchy for americans. I had to find a more censored version, sorry.
Hahaha no (at least i hope not)
Haven't you heard of twerking?

Old 01-24-2014, 08:19 PM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times
Quote:
They are not always that raunchy, but there are tonnes of crap on Russian YouTube music videos, so I have to sift through a lot of stuff in order to find what I like, something like this may be;

Виа Гра - Пошёл вон - YouTube

Полина Гагарина - Нет - YouTube

As for that band that Bartonfly posted, when some people are referring to trashy girls bands, the name of particular one is used as a synonym of it))) ( And I am not even going to comment on their lyrics; I am not even going to go there)))

Old 01-24-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Never, but it reminded me one video, watch from 4.00

дебил с пакетом - YouTube

Old 01-24-2014, 08:31 PM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times
Quote:
I don't think they are familiar with this terminology over there yet, so Bartonfly - this is what Invincible is referring to;

Twerking - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Miley Cyrus

Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball - YouTube

(and that's my personal referral in this case...)

Miley Cyrus - "Wrecking Ball" PARODY - YouTube

Old 01-24-2014, 08:37 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times
Quote:
Never, but it reminded me one video, watch from 4.00

дебил с пакетом - YouTube
Lol.

Twerking:
(this is when i first heard about it)
They made a big deal about it when these high school kids did it for some reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvD5_T7aUCk
It was on CNN (national news) even though it was totally just a small local story out of San Diego.

And then the whole Miley Cyrus thing happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe