Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2014, 02:09 PM

102 posts, read 106,166 times

Advertisements

Today all things were decided. Revolution won power or Yanukovich sold his throne.
Now fascists still require bloods from their win but some of traitors from Party of Region are assisting them in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 02:13 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1992 View Post
Today all things were decided. Revolution won power or Yanukovich sold his throne.
Now fascists still require bloods from their win but some of traitors from Party of Region are assisting them in it.
That's an interesting take!

Keep us posted

Old 02-21-2014, 02:14 PM

25 posts, read 20,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
If you read the articles,
No, of course. Why I need to read the article about Ukraine's president election 2010 ? I will know something that I have not known ?
I only said you that if a country leader was elected in a free fair election, it is not means that he is democrat and there is democratic process in the country. With examples of Putin and Lukashenko.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:55 PM

"18:49: The leader of the far-right group, Right Sector, tells protesters gathered in Kiev that action will be taken if President Yanukovych does not resign by 10:00 local (08:00 GMT) on Saturday. "

BBC News - As it happened: Ukraine unrest: Kiev tense

Old 02-21-2014, 03:03 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,804,723 times
Yanukovych has fled Kiev to Kharkiv. Is this true?

Old 02-21-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Yanukovych has fled Kiev to Kharkiv. Is this true?
Really???

Old 02-21-2014, 03:37 PM

847 posts, read 1,179,942 times
^Yes. So they say. Maybe sw1992 will confirm?

Old 02-21-2014, 04:09 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,225,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
Yes, and independent it should remain. And as long as it is, I've no problem with that.
Because this is what the majority of Ukrainians want.

Ukraine has been ruled by the Austrian/Hungarian Empire and Russia (including regions and
areas which were handed to Poland). What is so wrong with Ukrainians wanting their
country back?

Ukraine history

Old 02-21-2014, 04:14 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,617,606 times
Quote:
However, Russia is not really going around broadcasting "democracy" like the US is, nor are they making veil attempts at showing self interest like the US is; I think in matters of foreign policy, Russia is more transparent than the US, if for any reason, Russia has never been big on soft power.
Well really I'm not too sure Russia is comfortable with the workings of democracy. I don't think she looks at events with that point of view as the US and Europe does. The concept of 'freedom' is a bit different. What I do agree with wholeheartedly is the point on not believing in 'soft power'. But on the note of Russian transparency, Russia knows full well that the possibility of military intervention in so-called Russian 'spheres' by Europe and the US is highly unlikely so she would no doubt feel free to take military steps to control situations. In one way it is a strength but in the long run it presents grave problems for its image, i.e. the big Bear eating up and working over its neighbors. WE've seen this before in its history. And when that happens democratic countries 'eat' all that up pointing and confirming Russian belligerence This is usually the same game played all the time.

And we know states always act in their interest and according to how to they perceive their identity. Is Russia weak or strong? I cannot evaluate completely. Perhaps the pundits can do it with more info. But we can certainly see she has problems when other nearby states yell a few 'No's' about how things are going.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:27 PM

2,973 posts, read 1,974,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1992 View Post
i thought the deals were reached and although Yanukovich lost some power, at least he ges to stay until next election which is in december 2014(?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe