Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2014, 01:07 PM

25 posts, read 20,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Yes, maybe the protesters will actually abide by the truce this time, they broke the last one not even a day after it was made.
Opposition leaders are guilty. They don't coordinate their actions with protesters. They sign a truce then come to maidan and people say them what they think about them using unpolite words.
Today is not an exception. Protesters already say that Yanukovich must resign tomorrow. And I absolutely agree with this. He is personally responsible for all that happened after November 30.
The situation dramatically changed since February 18. That day we were terified that Yanukovich will strangle the revolution. Today police from western regions is coming to maidan to protect protesters, another police units refuse Yanukovich's commands, obviously that he doesn't control the army at all. In this situation it is stupidly to lose the full victory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Lukashenko - elections declared "flawed" by the OSCE. Belarus vote count 'flawed' says OSCE | World | RIA Novosti
My dear friend, Lukashenko was elected president the first time in 1994. And this election was fair. Since that day in Belarus Lukashenko is forewer. So this dictator was elected in fair election. Then he was elected second time in 2001. And in 2006 when he was elected the third time but this time it was unfair election already. But he was not worried about it. It is about dictators and free elections.

Quote:
Show me where Yanukovich has banned all parties except his own.
Yanukovich put his main political opponent to prison to protect himself at next president election. He changed parliament's election system to fill the parliament with "independent" deputies instead of party's deputies that can be controlled easier using money and the pressing.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:34 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
No, it's "they."
Because not only Yanukovitch has been forced to accept the conditions, but the brave revolutionaries were forced to hold their horses with their immediate demands, whatever they were. ( Particularly if you take in consideration that there were nationalists among them.)
I've pointed at the previous fistfights in Ukrainian Parliament for a reason.
That's what's happening there when there is no international community around to step in.
No, it's not "they".

"Brave revolutionaries", "nationalists", blah blah blah. Tells me something about how biased you are.

The international community is needed not so much to stop fists flying in the Ukrainian Parliament but to stop Yanukovitch from making the Ukraine a part of the Russian empire, again.

Now, I'm not sure though that the radicals among opposition forces will be satisfied with the deal reached.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:38 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freader View Post
Opposition leaders are guilty. They don't coordinate their actions with protesters. They sign a truce then come to maidan and people say them what they think about them using unpolite words.
Today is not an exception. Protesters already say that Yanukovich must resign tomorrow. And I absolutely agree with this. He is personally responsible for all that happened after November 30.
The situation dramatically changed since February 18. That day we were terified that Yanukovich will strangle the revolution. Today police from western regions is coming to maidan to protect protesters, another police units refuse Yanukovich's commands, obviously that he doesn't control the army at all. In this situation it is stupidly to lose the full victory.
You are obviously obtuse to any and all information I have posted, purposely so as it would completely invalidate your opinion.

You need to learn how to debate.

If you are any reflection of the protesters, Ukraine is going to have a very difficult time, but I think much higher of the protesters and their logic than of your's.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
You have proof?
I don't have. I am a prof. As a person who live in Ukraine from the times when it was a part of ussr I know what is happenig in the country. If I speak about Islandia or Uganda I would use wikipedia to confirm my opinion. In the case of Ukraine, excuse me.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:44 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,587 times
Quote:
It doesn't sound good to me at all.

If you are saying the opposition leaders can not calm down the angry crowd who spit on their "leaders", what will happen to the country if Yanukovich resigns tomorrow?

I think, what happened today in the parliament is a good first step.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
My dear friend, Lukashenko was elected president the first time in 1994. And this election was fair. Since that day in Belarus Lukashenko is forewer. So this dictator was elected in fair election. Then he was elected second time in 2001. And in 2006 when he was elected the third time but this time it was unfair election already. But he was not worried about it. It is about dictators and free elections.
Yes, i know when he was first elected, I was talking about the most recent elections; the 1994 elections were the only fair elections, since then he has degraded the election system. Not sure what your point is anyway.

Quote:
Yanukovich put his main political opponent to prison to protect himself at next president election. He changed parliament's election system to fill the parliament with "independent" deputies instead of party's deputies that can be controlled easier using money and the pressing.
No, she violated the law, that tends to land people in jail, even Yushchenko testified against her.

Not a single organization has stated she is innocent, only that justice is "selectively applied", so she is in fact guilty, even by international standards.

As far as being a viable opponent, you yourself stated she was not the best to run against Yanukovich; he already beat her in elections, and Yushchenko even testified against her, she is not even close to being a viable political opponent of Yanukovich.

Tell me, who do you want to replace Yanukovich?

Old 02-21-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I don't have. I am a prof. As a person who live in Ukraine from the times when it was a part of ussr I know what is happenig in the country. If I speak about Islandia or Uganda I would use wikipedia to confirm my opinion. In the case of Ukraine, excuse me.
So, you have no proof, just baseless accusations.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
You are obviously obtuse to any and all information I have posted, purposely so as it would completely invalidate your opinion.

You need to learn how to debate.

If you are any reflection of the protesters, Ukraine is going to have a very difficult time, but I think much higher of the protesters and their logic than of your's.
Sorry mister, I'm not interested in debates with wikipedia articles that you posted above if they are about things that I every day for many years saw on TV screen and in real life.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Sorry mister, I'm not interested in debates with wikipedia articles that you posted above if they are about things that I every day for many years saw on TV screen and in real life.
If you read the articles, you will see sources are referenced, but I guess you cannot be bothered with facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe