Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2014, 01:32 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
And about Putin - here rather you don't have enough knowledge of history.
Here Putin's breakfast.
What this "Putin's breakfast" has to do with the coup in Ukraine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
And I gladly take some skilled Ukrainian workers here as well.
Are you serious? If you are an employer, then I can send you a couple of Ukrainian workers.
What kind of skills you're talking about?

Old 02-24-2014, 02:35 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,148,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
On a separate note, I find funny the number of Ukrainians who actually do not speak Ukrainian, or worse, the ones who claim they do but not even at a conversaitonal level.
I've a question to you: How much Ukrainian language was treated, promoted and nurtured in the Ukraine by Soviet authorities when Ukraine was a part of the Soviet Union?

Last edited by movingwiththewind; 02-24-2014 at 03:30 PM..

Old 02-24-2014, 02:36 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,148,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Oh, come on... How many separatist movements is Putin oppressing right now? I kinda lost track of that...

Seriously, I think it's funny how you accuse everyone of being biased... You sound like being employed by the Russian propaganda ministry itself, though...
Absolutely agree!

Old 02-24-2014, 03:35 PM

The Neo-nazi's coup in Ukraine - A conference in Paris, France :
http://www.solidariteetprogres.org/webcastvitrenko

Old 02-24-2014, 03:40 PM

3,866 posts, read 3,141,827 times
Ukraine has some serious debt issues to resolve soon to the tune of 35 billion dollars . The investor bondholders of Ukrainian state bonds are getting really nervous. Ukrainian lawmakers may have some tough decisions to make if the IMF stick to the conditions of loans guarantees that Ukraine implement economic reforms such as ending gas price subsidies and freely floating the Ukrainian hryvnia among global currencies. Those reforms could severely negatively affect Ukrainians standard of living.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Seriously, I think it's funny how you accuse everyone of being biased... You sound like being employed by the Russian propaganda ministry itself, though...
Isn't true :
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Russia offers loans - it is a bribe
IMF/EU offer loans - it is support

Russia backs one position - it is interference
the West backs one position - it is support.
It is not the Russian or any other country's propaganda. Every honest, decent, unbiassed and soberly thinking person would say - this is a classic double standards and/or an intentional perversion of the real facts. But some people do not want to take the truth AS IS. Instead, they gladly use these false points as a good tools of the information warfare propaganda.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:56 AM

3,866 posts, read 3,141,827 times
Its inevitable that Ukraine will split up. One side is not willing to compromise unless its EU or bust and wants cut off all ties with Russia and Putin is clearly indicating he will react militarily if Eastern Ukraine isn't allowed to pursue their own political course.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:09 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
And again, Julia.

Ukraine: what's next? - CNN.com Video

Old 02-25-2014, 08:15 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,615,477 times
Quote:
Sadly, but it's true. The US's foreign policy is full of lies and double standards.
Oh I don't doubt for a minute the 'realpolitik' going 'round' in Central Europe between the US and Russia. Really if we are to see the truth it has definitely not gone away since the ridiculous notion that the Cold War has technically ended. Russai is a great country. So is the United States of America. But apparently solving problems on a global basis is very difficult due to different thoughts and philosophical approaches on how they should be handled. From the US' point of view, solving problems with pointed guns aimed at the heads who say 'no' is not the way to go. With Russia, it's just a motif used as a way to make sure 'order' is restored. Russia indeed is a very 'conservative' society in that any thought process which even has a hint of slight orientation of difference with nationalistic fervor is met with shouts of 'traitor' to the motherland. So it brings up the question: so even though a son argues with his mother cannot he be the same time a good, loving son? Russia, just like the United States, reveres the 'family'. But disagreements in the 'family' within the latter aren't cause for crushing a community which gives much much cohesion to its stability as a country. The way it seems Russia's foreign policy handles events like that is usually always pointing to the 'other', i.e. it's 'their' fault, the responsibility for fomenting rebellion is theirs. Lavrov is impeccable at driving that argument. The United States is much younger than Russia but I think she is more mature in that aspect of 'responsibility' when it comes to her adversary in situations like Ukraine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe