Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2021, 01:10 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
And some photos of Belgorod roads. And so it is almost all over the territory of Russia.

This place is not very far from Belgorod, in the summer I went here, just the construction was underway

At the corners, they began to make such markings as in the video. When I first saw him at night.. In general, you feel like a pilot, not a motorist ))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QljB...ature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua4jEqwLW48
They mentioned this almost 3 years ago and it's good they have made progress. Not just Belgorod but Smolenck, Bryanck, Volgograd, Kazan. First fix the infrastructure around the cities than link them up.

The bad side of this is your cost for benzene is going to go up. You need to maintain those roads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2021, 01:20 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
This is not about the "holiness" and "innocence" of opposition.

It's about the fact that healthy societies need to have variety of views, represented on governmental level, backed by financial abilities ( provided we are not talking about colonies.)
Russia was deprived of these arrangements, I already explained why.

So Russians with more discerning minds understand why under the circumstances they should hold on to Putin ( as much as they dislike him,) and why someone like Navalny or the late Nemtsov are bad news.

And then there are Russians like you.

As for Grudinin ( and the rest of the "left") - they represent the rural/agrarian part of the society for the most part, and SHOULD have their voices heard, without the fear of persecution.

( Heck, even the putinists should have their say, their representation in the government, because how otherwise their lies can be exposed for good?)
What SHOULDN'T be in Duma, is the authoritarian regime, disguised as the "managed democracy."

Yet it's there, for the reasons I explained many times before.

P.S. All your lies about Grudinin have been debunked already long time ago.

So at least keep up with a program, will you?
Of course, how could it be otherwise. A thinking person with a discerning mind can only tolerate Putin as an unavoidable evil.So I get your point ? Because if you want to be considered a smart, insightful person, you must, you must, bark at Putin. There is no other way. And this is the attitude to the authorities, I also remember from the time of the USSR. Banal propaganda about the "progressive public" and all that sort of thing.

What are Russians like me? Explain that huh?

Who do they represent? Does Grudinin represent anyone other than himself? Don't be ridiculous. Maybe the Communist Party represents someone? They sold themselves to almost everyone.They go to parades in the same column with Nazi boys and other informal people. The Communist party, which hugs the Bulk and which is now in care of "Radio Liberty", is something.

And what lies of mine have you already refuted there? I am only superficially familiar with this case and have expressed my opinions on this matter. I'm not interested in Grudinin at all, I'm not interested in sorting out his whining.And it is definitely not interesting to unravel this case as it is. And you, too. It is much easier to blame a United Russia with Putin and then sit satisfied with yourself, feeling your mind and insight grow )))

Old 01-28-2021, 01:31 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
They mentioned this almost 3 years ago and it's good they have made progress. Not just Belgorod but Smolenck, Bryanck, Volgograd, Kazan. First fix the infrastructure around the cities than link them up.

The bad side of this is your cost for benzene is going to go up. You need to maintain those roads.
Good roads pay for themselves.I used to drive on bad roads for 20 years.The pleasure is so-so, in addition to torn tires, broken suspension, you also consume fuel, moving in low gear at a speed of 50 kilometers per hour, instead of calmly rolling 100 kilometers per hour. So, let there be such wonderful roads.)))

Old 01-28-2021, 01:34 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Of course, how could it be otherwise. A thinking person with a discerning mind can only tolerate Putin as an unavoidable evil.So I get your point ?
Yes, thank you.

Quote:
Because if you want to be considered a smart, insightful person, you must, you must, bark at Putin.
No, you don't have to "bark."
The quiet understanding of what this is all about is sufficient. As I've said, for the discerning minds.

Quote:
There is no other way. And this is the attitude to the authorities, I also remember from the time of the USSR. Banal propaganda about the "progressive public" and all that sort of thing.
You are switching and baiting here.
Read my post, and don't try to put words in my mouth.

As I've said, even putinists should have their representation in the government; this is the only way to expose their lies.

Quote:
What are Russians like me? Explain that huh?
The devoted putinists, as I've already said)))

Quote:
Who do they represent? Does Grudinin represent anyone other than himself? Don't be ridiculous. Maybe the Communist Party represents someone? They sold themselves to almost everyone.They go to parades in the same column with Nazi boys and other informal people. The Communist party, which hugs the Bulk and which is now in care of "Radio Liberty", is something.
There is too much confusion in your mind - sorry, I can't sort it out for you.

Obviously Communist party participates in the same protests as the nationalists or Navalny opposition, because it's very difficult to get permission for any protest from "Moscow mayor," that likes to lump them all up on the assigned day of the "opposition protest."
That's the "managed democracy" for you.

Quote:
And what lies of mine have you already refuted there? I am only superficially familiar with this case and have expressed my opinions on this matter. I'm not interested in Grudinin at all, I'm not interested in sorting out his whining.And it is definitely not interesting to unravel this case as it is. And you, too. It is much easier to blame a United Russia with Putin and then sit satisfied with yourself, feeling your mind and insight grow )))
I already know that much, and since you are not familiar with him, you didn't find anything better but to spread the lies about Grudinin.

Last edited by erasure; 01-28-2021 at 02:22 PM..

Old 01-28-2021, 06:11 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Good roads pay for themselves.I used to drive on bad roads for 20 years.The pleasure is so-so, in addition to torn tires, broken suspension, you also consume fuel, moving in low gear at a speed of 50 kilometers per hour, instead of calmly rolling 100 kilometers per hour. So, let there be such wonderful roads.)))
The roads we have are considered "good roads" and yes, the surfaces are flat and smooth asphalt and concrete. They will never break your suspension. Just don't bother buying a fast and nice car to play in because you will be lucky to achieve such tremendous velocities as 50 km per hour. Stop and go traffic for kilometers if it's not more practical to simply get out and walk. Clutches wear out, cooling fans wear out, far more hours on an engine than there should be compared to kilometers. Engines perform best and last longest when used at a constant load.

Don't go the way we did. The hidden costs are tremendous. Don't paint yourself into a corner.

Old 01-28-2021, 07:01 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
Quote:

I already know that much, and since you are not familiar with him, you didn't find anything better but to spread the lies about Grudinin.
I think that you are a little mistaken about Grudinin. He's an oligarch just like everyone else..

https://nation-news.ru/592504-pravov...e-predpisaniya

Old 01-28-2021, 07:39 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
I think that you are a little mistaken about Grudinin. He's an oligarch just like everyone else..

https://nation-news.ru/592504-pravov...e-predpisaniya

I know enough about Grudinin, to not to buy the lies that are spread about him.
Yes he is a wealthy man and he even keeps his money in German/Austrian banks, which gives Putin and Co a chance to point a finger at him, howling happily "see, he is no different from us."
Nice try, but I side with Grudinin, when he said that "if you want to run business honestly in Russia, you can't trust Russian banks."
With other words, he is no fool and he understands how the "new Russians" gang made THEIR money, while being protected by the Western banking system.

But when HE goes the same rout, while staying independent from the well-connected gang, and challenges them in politics, the propaganda machine immediately uses it for the smear campaign, knowing how sensitive Russian public is to the whole "oligarchs/overseas accounts" issue.
(All while Putin positions himself as he has nothing to do with it, of course.)

This is precisely the good old song of Visotsky, the lyrics that describe situation up to a "t."

"A Parable of Truth and Lie"

( Not sure how good translation is, but it's at least something...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXpzo5Vla_U

In fact, the whole Putin's Russia is described rather well by this song.

The devil is in details as they say.

Last edited by erasure; 01-28-2021 at 08:23 PM..

Old 01-28-2021, 08:53 PM

1,348 posts, read 624,729 times
Quote:
I know enough about Grudinin, to not to buy the lies that are spread about him.
Yes he is a wealthy man and he even keeps his money in German/Austrian banks, which gives Putin and Co a chance to point a finger at him, howling happily "see, he is no different from us."
Nice try, but I side with Grudinin, when he said that "if you want to run business honestly in Russia, you can't trust Russian banks."
With other words, he is no fool and he understands how the "new Russians" gang made THEIR money, while being protected by the Western banking system.

But when HE goes the same rout, while staying independent from the well-connected gang, and challenges them in politics, the propaganda machine immediately uses it for the smear campaign, knowing how sensitive Russian public is to the whole "oligarchs/overseas accounts" issue.
(All while Putin positions himself as he has nothing to do with it, of course.)

This is precisely the good old song of Visotsky, the lyrics that describe situation up to a "t."

"A Parable of Truth and Lie"

( Not sure how good translation is, but it's at least something...)

In fact, the whole Putin's Russia is described rather well by this song.

The devil is in details as they say.
As they say in Russia "они все одним миром мазаны".

Today, he is smashing Putin to smithereens on the TV screen, and tomorrow he will sit next to him in a chaise longue, sipping whiskey, somewhere on the Valdai and say: "Did you see? How well did I beat you on TV yesterday? And they will make plans to continue breeding suckers..

In Russia, at the moment, I do not see a single real oppositionist. Only opportunists, thinking only about themselves, and pursuing some personal goals of their own..

Last edited by Zimogor; 01-28-2021 at 09:13 PM..

Old 01-28-2021, 09:37 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,300,229 times
The EU getting ready to approve the Sputnik V vaccine maybe as early as February

https://www.rt.com/russia/513075-eur...tnik-approval/

And Germany will help

https://112.international/society/me...-eu-58325.html

Old 01-28-2021, 10:33 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
The EU getting ready to approve the Sputnik V vaccine maybe as early as February

https://www.rt.com/russia/513075-eur...tnik-approval/

And Germany will help

https://112.international/society/me...-eu-58325.html
First headline is an absolute lie. Pfizer's vaccines for the EU aren't to be shipped from the US. They are made in the EU. It just took them longer to ramp up the production than originally planned. That is Europe's fault for not coming up with the funds as early or as much as the UK and Israel did.

Germany is only offering to help Russia get their approval in process (i.e. sort out their missing documentation that it is safe and works).

Speaking of production, the Russian vaccine doesn't seem to be widely available yet despite Putin personally approving it 7 months ago. Or is this because Putin wants to sell it to the west rather than give it to Russians. Hmm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe