Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 11:47 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,708,428 times

Advertisements

We are looking at at a villa in Camp de Mar Scotslass do you know the area at all?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 01:45 PM

2,975 posts, read 8,119,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
We are looking at at a villa in Camp de Mar Scotslass do you know the area at all?
I have only been to Soller, Puerto Pollensa, Santa Ponsa, Palma, El Arenel, Palma Nova, El Toro, Magalluf. But I have heard positive things about Camp de Mar

Old 02-25-2009, 09:13 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,755,224 times
perhaps DM might be more appropriate for personal matters?

Old 02-26-2009, 10:35 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,770,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Ireland is the nicest Polish country in Europe. Try the Pierogies. Then hop over to England for their national specialty, kebab which is makes nice after-mosque treat. Just be sure to brush up on your Urdu.

When in Rome do as the Romans do, as they say.

ABQConvict
LOL!!!
Well,You cant just decide you want to live in a country one day?
Its not America with our open borders policy...

Old 02-27-2009, 12:40 PM

841 posts, read 2,262,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
I'm so tired of the garbage going on in North America. Out-of-control illegal alien take over, welfare to people who don't work, no morals, no one on the same page, etc. The U.S. is almost gone, and it's more a feeling than anything else. I was just wondering what's the best European country to live in, preferably English-speaking? The U.K.? Northern Ireland? Thanks.
By reading your post, i can assure you your not welcomed in Europe

Old 02-28-2009, 05:13 PM

209 posts, read 680,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
I'm so tired of the garbage going on in North America. Out-of-control illegal alien take over, welfare to people who don't work, no morals, no one on the same page, etc. The U.S. is almost gone, and it's more a feeling than anything else. I was just wondering what's the best European country to live in, preferably English-speaking? The U.K.? Northern Ireland? Thanks.

The OP obviously knows nothing about Europe.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:10 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,652,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
LOL!!!
Well,You cant just decide you want to live in a country one day?
Its not America with our open borders policy...
Lol, from the perspective of someone who was once interested in moving to the US (nothing personal Americans but now I'm not so sure, there are loads of places I'd like to experience) I can tell you that it can be stupendously difficult to get into as a foreigner.

Anyhoo, in response to the OP, it's very difficult for a non-EU citizen to just decide one day that you're going to move to Europe. If, however, you do manage to - and I really hope you do if that's what you want because there's a huge amount to offer over here - you'd be looking at either the UK, Ireland or some of the Germanic countries if you want people who can speak English well. It would make your immigration application much easier (and much more likely to succeed too) if you learned some of the language of the country you're aiming for before applying though. It would also certainly help the locals to warm to you more were you to be successful in getting in.

Although I love Europe, I would warn you not to expect everyone over here to be all sweetness and light though. As I don't live in the US I'm not sure of what the perceptions of Europeans are over there but, while the majority are very friendly and accepting, not everyone is enamoured with the idea of immigration, much in the way many Americans don't like the number of immigrants coming into the US. Although if you did get in you would be treated very nicely by many people, there would be some who would look at you like something unpleasant they just stepped in. Unfortunately, the idyllic dreamland many people are looking for in a destination often doesn't completely live up to expectations. That's not a reason to be discouraged, however, but just bear in mind that attitudes towards immigrants might not always be what you were expecting.

Last edited by happynoodleboycey; 03-01-2009 at 05:05 AM..

Old 03-06-2009, 09:00 PM

442 posts, read 1,580,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happynoodleboycey View Post

Although I love Europe, I would warn you not to expect everyone over here to be all sweetness and light though. As I don't live in the US I'm not sure of what the perceptions of Europeans are over there but, while the majority are very friendly and accepting, not everyone is enamoured with the idea of immigration, much in the way many Americans don't like the number of immigrants coming into the US. Although if you did get in you would be treated very nicely by many people, there would be some who would look at you like something unpleasant they just stepped in.
Your comments got me thinking, and it's really kind of funny in my mind. My great grandmother came from Germany and obviously my other ancestors came from parts of EU as well. I think the same would go for many other Americans, too. So the way I see it, if I moved to EU, I would just be returning to where I essentially came from in the first place, to my "motherland" as they call it.

As for EU's or most any other citizen of the world...well, not many of them can say the same about coming to America! neener neener neener!

Old 03-07-2009, 02:38 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,556,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california_is_superior View Post
By reading your post, i can assure you your not welcomed in Europe
Yeah, for better or for worse, Europe is famously everything the OP seems to deplore lol

Anyway, most Northern European citizens have a fairly good command of English. Most Americans will find it relatively easy to manage and be understood in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Germany or the Netherlands. Immigration in the Nordic countries isn't so massive and the quality of life is excellent. Someone suggested Iceland and, whilst probably a bit lacking in the moral department (which is working great for them and, for that matter, for all of us ), it's always a good option for a quiet, yet happy and healthy life, if a good amount of cold and some yearly darkness isn't a problem. However, the current economic crisis is taking an unexpected toll on them, which is unfortunate Regardless, the scenery is so breathtaking and unique, it's worth a try.

Regarding the South, the quality of life is very good because of the food and the climate, and people is generally nice and outgoing, if perhaps a little noisy. English is not widely spoken or understood, although most young people will be able to communicate with you and happy to make an extra effort if necessary.

Old 03-07-2009, 11:52 PM

122 posts, read 210,150 times
Wouldn't it be ironic if Americans became the Mexicans of Europe! Porqoui sont le americain seulement parlent anglais. C'est francais! Los Estudiantes Americano no hable Espanol en los escuelas de Espana. Ils ont detruit sous programme de soins de santé universels!

I think if I didn't like America than I would move to Geneva or Costa Del Sol. I don't need a big nightlife just lots of outdoorsy stuff. I look eastern european so I would fit in there too. I've even had people from eastern europe approach me and try to talk to me in their language.

Are Swiss guys hot? I think Nordic men are so attractive!... Blonde hair and blue eyes!

I do like America though and will stay here until the last one gets pushed out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe