Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 03:41 PM

187 posts, read 636,312 times

Advertisements

i totally disagree with hey holliday..europe is defenetely not in such a mess like usa,people are happier in europe then hier,it is my opinion and i respect it,they own more houses with no debts then hier,they have none or less debts,this makes life much easier.I see around me people struggling enormous finacially,being unhappy,being afraid of losing job,house,car,medical insurance,totally stressed...

switzerland is great country to live in,but it is not so easy to get a residence there.You have to work for a company there,have a contract,if not you must have your own company,generally switzerland wants only people with money...for them door is wide open,for teh other closed...sorry this is the reality...
germany,switzerland,italy...or whatever country in eu,you need to fulfill certain conditions to get a residence,you can not just go there and stay.So you have to informe yourself,which are the conditions and if you fulfill them..

if you are retired,i would advice you to go to east of europe,many retired germans live like kings there,low cost of living and a permit is easy to obtain.

anyway i woudl also like to tell you something.My husband is american and i am european.there are big differences between us,different way of thinking,differents habits,traditions and so on...
My husband lived many years in europe,as american,he coudl simply not adjust (although switzerland).I met many americans ,who could not adjust in europe,even after many years.The same happens with european hier.I have difficulties to adjust hier one hundred percent,i am european and will always be a convinced european and i can not imagine myself to give up europe,never in life.So we will fly back and forth and when we retire,then we will live on both continents,so everybody is happy.because of these adjusting problems,we did not sell any properties in europe,so the connection with europe will always exist.I love europe,am a proude european and for me europe will always be the best.

imigration is a big step,you must be well informed before you do this..do not jump so easy..and yes you need money with you..start from zero is very hard everywhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 05:40 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,863,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza 1313 View Post
i totally disagree with hey holliday..europe is defenetely not in such a mess like usa,people are happier in europe then hier,it is my opinion and i respect it,they own more houses with no debts then hier,they have none or less debts,this makes life much easier.I see around me people struggling enormous finacially,being unhappy,being afraid of losing job,house,car,medical insurance,totally stressed...
I read that Britain is in worst shape than USA.

Quote:
switzerland is great country to live in,but it is not so easy to get a residence there.You have to work for a company there,have a contract,if not you must have your own company,generally switzerland wants only people with money...for them door is wide open,for teh other closed...sorry this is the reality...
One can consider US if he has US$500,000 to invest
url address: immigration.ca/us/investmentfaq.asp

Or Canada, if he has a minimum net worth of C$300,000
url address: cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/business/entrepreneurs/index.asp
Or Yukon, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, if he invests C$150,000
Or Abbotsford, part of Metro Vancouver in the best place on earth, for C$200,000
url address: trimax.co.in/canada2.htm

It makes good financial sense, because these immigrants are tax-based aggregates vital to the country's economy.

Quote:
because of these adjusting problems,we did not sell any properties in europe,so the connection with europe will always exist.I love europe,am a proude european and for me europe will always be the best.
Lucky you.

Quote:
imigration is a big step,you must be well informed before you do this..do not jump so easy..and yes you need money with you..start from zero is very hard everywhere
Practical advice.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:29 PM

187 posts, read 636,312 times
dougie..europe is not only britain,example:germany is better then usa!my opinion,i respect it ,sorry!

"One can consider US if he has US$500,000 to invest
url addreess: immigration.ca/us/investmentfaq.asp"

true ..alternative:american husband! 0$

in europe properties are kept in family form generation to generation,with other words european grandparents could handle money good (so or so european handle money much better then americans..sorry my opinion again) and let us debtsfree properties, a good start in life.We think different about spending money,about saving,about making debts.Debts is slavery.I buy only,what i can afford,i do not buy,what i do not need,i do not make debts,live frugal and responsable,save money for tomorrow and invest wisely in my familly properties (or new properties) so my grandchildren are proude of their heritage.And they only get it,if they deserve it.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:52 PM

40 posts, read 110,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17271 View Post
I'm so tired of the garbage going on in North America. Out-of-control illegal alien take over, welfare to people who don't work, no morals, no one on the same page, etc. The U.S. is almost gone, and it's more a feeling than anything else. I was just wondering what's the best European country to live in, preferably English-speaking? The U.K.? Northern Ireland? Thanks.
I hope you do not become an illegal alien taking over in any European country, if you do so, you will be doing what you dislike about the US nowadays. And by the way, Northern Ireland is part of the U.K.! If you really hate illegal immigrants, I guess you should avoid Europe, there are plenty of legal and illegal immgrants over there, in proportion to its total population, much more than in the US, unless you want to try some Eastern European countries.
Why don't you try Afghanistan or Iraq, I guess illegal immigration is not a big deal there!

Old 11-03-2009, 03:09 AM

2,015 posts, read 3,382,333 times
The UK is getting much stricter on legal and illegal immigrants. And the price of being a legal immigrant is getting to be extortionate.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:20 PM

702 posts, read 3,011,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza 1313 View Post
How can you speak of Europe as one entity. Some parts of Europe are a mess. The countries are so diverse. Some are on the verge of economic collapse, Latvia, Lithuania, etc. Some have undergone a collapse like Iceland. Some countries are a disaster in unemployment such as Spain which has close to 20% unemployment. Lots of Europeans are struggling and have enormous financial burdens and are unhappy, afraid of losing their jobs, etc. It is not the ideal you paint it out to be.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:58 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,205,954 times
Quote:
I'm so tired of the garbage going on in North America. Out-of-control illegal alien take over, welfare to people who don't work, no morals, no one on the same page, etc. The U.S. is almost gone, and it's more a feeling than anything else. I was just wondering what's the best European country to live in, preferably English-speaking? The U.K.? Northern Ireland? Thanks.
Last week I had dinner with a UK business man and his wife and family, and his father-in-law, who is a retired worker. The description above is exactly how they all see the UK.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:17 AM

104 posts, read 273,423 times
Quote:

It sounds like you have a very rigid view on life– you don't like "illegals", you don't like people who need welfare assistance and you don't like immoral behavior (whatever your definition of that is).

Something tells me Europe is too liberal of a place for you.

(Call it a hunch)

Old 11-07-2009, 07:10 PM

805 posts, read 1,510,722 times
Denmark. Everybody speaks English, it's clean, it's fun, and people have a nice attitude and are friendly. It's cold, but it's made up of a bunch of islands and you are always near the water. It's on the expensive side, but the nice people more than make up for it.

Danish is so hard to learn and pronounce that nobody there wants you to bother with it.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:26 PM

173 posts, read 610,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkyMonkey View Post
How can you speak of Europe as one entity. Some parts of Europe are a mess. The countries are so diverse. Some are on the verge of economic collapse, Latvia, Lithuania, etc. Some have undergone a collapse like Iceland. Some countries are a disaster in unemployment such as Spain which has close to 20% unemployment. Lots of Europeans are struggling and have enormous financial burdens and are unhappy, afraid of losing their jobs, etc. It is not the ideal you paint it out to be.
It's amusing that you pick Latvia and Lithuania. It's some of the few countries that are really bad of. What about Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium...

You're picking out two rotten apples, out of a basket. And ignoring the rest. Though i'll admit we do suffer from unemplyment in more than one country right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe