Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2013, 12:01 PM

1,319 posts, read 2,197,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You don't have to have refined carbs.
You still get carbs.
It's still a low carb diet. Paleo gets more restrictive with carbs as you progress. I actually was eating paleo last year to shed off some pounds before a busy period at work. Then a got pregnant. Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 12:05 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,592,700 times
I can only speak for myself.. I do believe genetics play a major part in ones body-build.....After three children my tummy is flat/toned I didn't get stretched marks or sagging, I think my dads side for that (Portuguese) ... Saying that my tummy not the same as before kids, washboard sunk in look is gone, especially the belly button, it looks sad that due the upper abdominal muscles getting stretched out like a rubber band from expanding tummy, plus your main stomach muscle can separate during pregnancy ...I'm almost 50, always been very active and eating healthy, still have all my parts on no meds etc... I realize I'm not 20's anymore, I'm cool with that, so my husband of 31 years...I had our children in my early 20's..No one alike, be happy enjoy your life..... ....

Old 10-20-2013, 07:18 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yby1 View Post
It's still a low carb diet. Paleo gets more restrictive with carbs as you progress. I actually was eating paleo last year to shed off some pounds before a busy period at work. Then a got pregnant. Lol.
Yes. One of the hotties I mentioned was paleo and now she is preggo! Congrats.

None of the others are.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:40 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,403,352 times
For my own curiosity, does anybody know if this woman is educated/certified in nutrition or fitness in any way?

Old 10-20-2013, 09:19 PM

634 posts, read 709,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
I don't think the point is directly about which gender of the human race can have babies, not at all.

You don't detect a smattering of arrogance or boastfulness in her question? .
Of course it is directed at women who have had babies. If not, then why have her three babies on the poster? I think it's safe to assume that the uproar over this poster would not exist if her three babies were not on the poster. Heck, I would even say that if she was 45 and her teenage or adult kids on the poster, there wouldn't be this uproar. If she had no babies on this poster and she only had a before and after of herself with the same header there wouldn't be hoopla either. It is objectionable because of the babies and the quote.

It's like "damn, I just had a baby and you expect me to be thin when I can barely make it through the day, a tired, am sleep deprived, overwhelmed, etc."

Old 10-20-2013, 09:19 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,366,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
I don't think the point is directly about which gender of the human race can have babies, not at all.

You don't detect a smattering of arrogance or boastfulness in her question?

People boast to make themselves feel better, but the boasting never makes you feel better, at least not permanently. It only spurs you on to do more of the same and invest in your storyline/ beliefs you have about yourself--the action solidifies the belief, especially if you don't have enough self-awareness. It's a vicious cycle. Her statements to the press prove how she blames others for their feelings instead of having some compassion. When you have two sides blaming the other, it shows how each is not willing to listen or acknowledge the humanity/ commonality of the other. I don't judge her, but I believe she doesn't feel as good about herself as she makes it appear.

The boasting about her physical appearance is a result of the fact, I believe, that women are judged for it. To some extent women are so often regarded first for their looks, not overtly many times, but it just happens because we are so conditioned.
Very well put. Though i will give her the benefit of the doubt in tht she truly wants to inspire, that picture was not the best way to promote her message. When you post a picture with an ambiguous message, focusing on a sensitive subject on facebook, people will have different interpretations, good and bad.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:45 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,014,969 times
Personally I had her on my Facebook, to keep me motivated I guess. Two weeks later I took her off, I honestly just got tired of her posts, pictures of herself in the mirror, etc. Whoop de doo, you lost the baby fat. Congratu-freaking-lations

Old 10-20-2013, 10:07 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beera View Post
Personally I had her on my Facebook, to keep me motivated I guess. Two weeks later I took her off, I honestly just got tired of her posts, pictures of herself in the mirror, etc. Whoop de doo, you lost the baby fat. Congratu-freaking-lations
I like this lady. She doesn't have time on her side, either.

https://www.facebook.com/AmyJoHorvat...ref=ts&fref=ts

Old 10-20-2013, 10:08 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,002,186 times
Men that think Mrs. Kang is hot, are the ones most eagerly defending her. These are the fat haters and they're out in full force. I'm still not sure why American men react so viscerally to body fat. Give me a plus sized model over any Victoria Secret model!!

Old 10-20-2013, 10:57 PM

1,319 posts, read 2,197,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I like this lady. She doesn't have time on her side, either.

https://www.facebook.com/AmyJoHorvat...ref=ts&fref=ts
Awesome! I love her post on her offseason look and diet
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness