Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 11:12 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,015,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
Men that think Mrs. Kang is hot, are the ones most eagerly defending her. These are the fat haters and they're out in full force. I'm still not sure why American men react so viscerally to body fat. Give me a plus sized model over any Victoria Secret model!!
These supporters, I wonder how "fit" they are.

My mom's friend is married to a guy who insists she look perfect all the time. When she was pregnant both times he told her "you better lose that weight" while he himself was older, fatter, and balding and not even good looking IMO! Drove me insane growing up. Now I don't even bother being around them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2013, 07:20 AM

2,380 posts, read 4,517,304 times
I'm glad she is able to own two businesses, have three kids, look like that, etc.

Not everyone has that level of drive/initiative, or in her case, genetics (diet/exercise can take you to a reasonable weight and being healthy, but it takes that extra bit of genetic blessing/hard work to look like THAT.)

She may well not be a very nice person to work for or to be around. I don't know that for a fact, though, and if she is a kind person to her husband, her kids, and other people, then she is more of a blessing to humanity.

Husbands expecting their wives to be like her are setting everyone up for disappointment, IMO, much like women expecting men to be like the cover of some Harlequin Romance.

As long as you're contributing something to the wider world and aren't a jerk to those around you, it's all good in my book.

For what it's worth, some of the great contributors are absolute jerks to those closest to them ... witness Einstein's letters to his first wife ("fat cow" is one of the kinder terms), the tortured artists/writers basically screwing everything that moves and breaking hearts along the way, etc.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:39 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,404,454 times
She looks great, but I don't find her all that motivating. For one, the image she used is posed & edited so as not to show her stretch marks or extra skin (which she does show on her FB page), which as a mom of 3 myself, I find misleading. (She's also very fortunate in that she doesn't have very noticeable stretch marks which a lot of women get regardless of how much weight they put on during pregnancy. And I thought it was ironic that she advised moms to "tan" to help minimize the visibility of stretch marks...so much for being healthy.)

After viewing her FB page, I just see a somewhat self-absorbed woman. I wonder if the men would be as supportive if she had the face of a troll, but the same body?

And yeah, I know the men are going to shout that I'm just a jealous, fat, lazy cow.

Moo.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:07 AM

634 posts, read 709,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I wonder if the men would be as supportive if she had the face of a troll, but the same body?

And yeah, I know the men are going to shout that I'm just a jealous, fat, lazy cow.

I don't know which men are supportive but IMO, these men are probably those who have not had pregnant wives and do not understand the toll a pregnancy let alone 3 pregnancies have on a woman's body.

My husband gets it. He's seen my body go from 103 to 155 three times. I'm at 106 now, but it's nowhere near the same body and it ever will be without plastic surgery.

Old 10-21-2013, 09:57 AM

50,825 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayerdu View Post
Of course it is directed at women who have had babies. If not, then why have her three babies on the poster? I think it's safe to assume that the uproar over this poster would not exist if her three babies were not on the poster. Heck, I would even say that if she was 45 and her teenage or adult kids on the poster, there wouldn't be this uproar. If she had no babies on this poster and she only had a before and after of herself with the same header there wouldn't be hoopla either. It is objectionable because of the babies and the quote.

It's like "damn, I just had a baby and you expect me to be thin when I can barely make it through the day, a tired, am sleep deprived, overwhelmed, etc."
IMO it is directed at anyone who makes excuses why they don't have time to workout. She is saying, I have 3 kids, one year apart, and I am doing it, so you can too whatever your "excuse".

Old 10-21-2013, 10:38 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,803,069 times
I think what did fitness mom in was the loaded "no excuses" statement. If she had posted "YOU CAN DO IT!" or "IT CAN BE DONE!", she would not have aroused so much criticism.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:47 AM

252 posts, read 459,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
She looks great, but I don't find her all that motivating. For one, the image she used is posed & edited so as not to show her stretch marks or extra skin (which she does show on her FB page), which as a mom of 3 myself, I find misleading. (She's also very fortunate in that she doesn't have very noticeable stretch marks which a lot of women get regardless of how much weight they put on during pregnancy. And I thought it was ironic that she advised moms to "tan" to help minimize the visibility of stretch marks...so much for being healthy.)

After viewing her FB page, I just see a somewhat self-absorbed woman. I wonder if the men would be as supportive if she had the face of a troll, but the same body?

Moo.
You know there are men who would say "cover the face .... the base"

Personally I think she is in a great shape and she is getting exactly what she wanted. a free publicity.

I have lost weight (Please check my transformation picture thread) and I like to be fit, my wife needs to lose about 28 lbs (we have 4 month old) She had gained total of 60lbs during her pregnancy (although there are other factors which affected her to gain 60lbs and instead of losing weight she came back home with baby and same weight I don't want to get into details). Her progress is good in fact great. I don't put any pressure on her but when needed i motivate her. We worked out together prior to our baby but now we are doing separately for obvious reasons we don't have nanny either. Wife and I both work and not from home where we have a treadmill LOL!!

About her "What's your excuse?" I really don't care about it. Everyone is different, every body is different, every pregnancy is different. You simply can't generalize it. At the same time those who are getting upset should have just said "Good for her" and moved on but instead they gave her what she wanted a free marketing and publicity.

Is she in great shape after 3 kids? Yes.
Does it matter to me? F. NO!

My target is different than hers, my wife's target is different than hers so for me it doesn't bother me as I see she wanted attention and she is getting. Both Negative and positive.

Old 10-21-2013, 12:27 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,320,947 times
Frankly I think the woman is great & more women ought to be like her in that regard.

Not everyone can do what she does, not all people have the same level of motivation & such, but it is so refreshing & wonderful to see a woman not lose herself upon motherhood by devoting every nanosecond of her life being a mother 24/7 and not doing any of the same things she used to be beforehand that made her interesting & attractive to start with.

Men are tired of women, upon motherhood, doing everything for their children to the point that they neglect their appearance and spend no romantic time with their husband while attending to every single aspect regarding their kids, even the most frivolous things, & then being all self-righteous "I'm busy being a mother, I don't have time for that bunch of nonsense" & then wondering why their men cheat on them or at least act flirty towards another woman who actually TRIES. Men get tired of all the talk & everything that goes on around the house ALL revolving around the kids 100%. Good for this woman, in doing this, her husband has a hot woman to go to bed with and this woman is someone who actually is seeking to retain the intangible (and visible) qualities of herself that were present during their courting days & are the reason (presumably) they're together to start with. They are on the path to a long & happy marriage (not a guarantee of course, but it sure helps).

LRH

Old 10-21-2013, 01:17 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,866,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post
Frankly I think the woman is great & more women ought to be like her in that regard.

Not everyone can do what she does, not all people have the same level of motivation & such, but it is so refreshing & wonderful to see a woman not lose herself upon motherhood by devoting every nanosecond of her life being a mother 24/7 and not doing any of the same things she used to be beforehand that made her interesting & attractive to start with.

Men are tired of women, upon motherhood, doing everything for their children to the point that they neglect their appearance and spend no romantic time with their husband while attending to every single aspect regarding their kids, even the most frivolous things, & then being all self-righteous "I'm busy being a mother, I don't have time for that bunch of nonsense" & then wondering why their men cheat on them or at least act flirty towards another woman who actually TRIES. Men get tired of all the talk & everything that goes on around the house ALL revolving around the kids 100%. Good for this woman, in doing this, her husband has a hot woman to go to bed with and this woman is someone who actually is seeking to retain the intangible (and visible) qualities of herself that were present during their courting days & are the reason (presumably) they're together to start with. They are on the path to a long & happy marriage (not a guarantee of course, but it sure helps).

LRH
You... might want to put on a very durable flame shield there.

Old 10-21-2013, 01:41 PM

1,319 posts, read 2,198,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyguylh View Post

LRH
I'm hoping that the man is also trying very hard to look good for his wife. I'm also hoping that he is helping with the kids, encouraging his wife to get out of the house in order to work out, get a pedicure, get a haircut, buy sexy clothes....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness