Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2010, 02:28 PM

1 posts, read 7,535 times

Advertisements

Looks like a lot of you don't know what expensive living is... you think California is bad? Make your way up here to Connecticut... I'm looking to get out of here and move down to Florida. Trust me, it doesn't get much better than down south. I currently pay $1400/mo for a 1 bedroom apt . Unfortunately there is no "cheap" place to live around here. Even in the bad areas of the state... GOOD LUCK!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 11:29 AM

1 posts, read 7,477 times
I am a true Floridian and I love Florida I guess because this is all I know and where I'm from. I have never been out of Florida. I am now married with four children and I question a lot of things about Florida that I never really noticed before.First of all the public schools have taken a turn for the worst the system was already poor but now with the cut backs it's worst. cost of living has trippled and the areas like port st. Lucie that are cheap to live in have no jobs, and the economy work wise is far beyond terrible! Now days it makes you wonder "why go to college, if when I'm done I can't get a job to pay off these expensive student loans". I mean, I thank God because of his grace and mercy, I do have work now and since the recession even started. But I am supporting my family due to my hubbie being laid off 2yrs. now. I really want to leave Florida but I am afraid because I know Florida isn't the only place suffering. The beaches are beautiful and I love the sun despite the hurricanes this is a beautiful place to live. But you have to have money or a hell of a good stable job to live here, I call this a retire state!! Always remember every state has it's goods and bads it is what you can deal with!! Good luck with your journey!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-09-2010, 12:45 PM

7 posts, read 29,163 times
Default Thinking of moving to Winter Springs, FL

What is the job market like there? I have been in administrative support roles for over 20 yrs with 5 of those yrs in real estate(commercial and residential)? Any info would be appreciated Thanx!

Old 03-09-2010, 06:27 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,489,970 times
For the best value for money ( but no glamour),try the Panhandle...

Old 03-09-2010, 06:30 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,791,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsforchrist View Post
I am thinking of moving to Florida this summer and would like your opinion of the best place to live and work?

i know Poinciana is a cheap place to live as far as buying a house compared to other places in Florida because i lived there...and check Deltona too, but do research to see if these are cities u would be ok living in

Old 03-25-2010, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 7,303 times
What town is more decent Palm Coast or Clermont if to consider living in Florida?

Old 03-25-2010, 07:39 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosha33 View Post
What town is more decent Palm Coast or Clermont if to consider living in Florida?
Clermont is attractive. I like the little town myself just the distance to the better beaches hurts it for people like me who like the Gulf Beaches better.

Annerk lives in Clermont and can help you.

Oceandreams used to post here a lot and came from Illinois to live in Palm Coast and posted in my thread "success stories of those who moved to Florida." Read it. Good info in that thread.

Old 03-26-2010, 09:52 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,635,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrymiafl View Post
For the best value for money ( but no glamour),try the Panhandle...
I would move to the panhandle in a new york minute. Lots of relatives there. LOL

Old 03-26-2010, 10:37 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnapyne_39 View Post
What is the job market like there? I have been in administrative support roles for over 20 yrs with 5 of those yrs in real estate(commercial and residential)? Any info would be appreciated Thanx!
Admin jobs are VERY hard to come by around here right now--you'd be better off waiting another couple of years until the economy improves. R ight now we are at officially 12.2% unemployment--in reality it's probably over 25%.

Old 03-26-2010, 10:39 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,067,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosha33 View Post
I like the rolling hills of Clermont, and appreciate the lower insurance costs. I'm not a big beach person, so living within a few miles drive of one wouldn't matter to me. On the rare occasion that I want to go to the beach, I can be there in a little over an hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida